• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

Contrary to what many want us to believe, I’m standing by the idea that the games aren’t going to necessarily confine the player to Lumoise City. I went to view the comment section of a particular TyranitarTube video and it stated: “I think people are taking the wording too literally[.] I don’t think they mean [Lumiose] will be the only location in the game, but (it) will (instead) act as a huge base.” I decided to stand by said comment, and given how this idea was based on a social media post from Nintendo and not TPC (until further notice), I will simply wait to see what future trailers provide. Also, I remember reading another YouTube user’s message stating that a more official Japanese post has a part that roughly implies that the journey will start in Lumoise and not necessarily be confined to it when translated.
But only the future will tell, and Lumiose itself is enormous to begin with.

Last edited:
They defenintly put way too much detail into the map thing we see in the trailer for it to only be a base area. It's got way more Alleyways and parks than it would need for that.
Not sure what other interpretation of the wording "Set ENTIRELY within lumiose city" could be.
I agree Lumiose will be the primary setting of the game, but I'm not convinced it will be the only one.

The only source we have for the "entirely within Lumiose City" thing is the Nintendo of America Twitter account, which is already well-known for getting things kinda wrong sometimes (presumably translation issues).

What are the areas that immediately connect to Lumiose City? I remember there being a garden area south of the city on route 4 I think it is?
Route 4 Garden, Route 5 which was just wilderness with a small skate park at the entrance, Route 13 with the powerplants, Route 14 was the swamp, and Route 16 was just wilderness.

Route 4 Garden, Route 5 which was just wilderness with a small skate park at the entrance, Route 13 with the powerplants, Route 14 was the swamp, and Route 16 was just wilderness.
I feel that they could do a lot with those areas. Especially Routes 4 and 13.

I wonder if the wild pokemon or the trainer NPC’s will be harder to beat, to justify the use of mega evolution because in XY there was no reason to use it (for show only) since the game was so easy.

I wonder if the wild pokemon or the trainer NPC’s will be harder to beat, to justify the use of mega evolution because in XY there was no reason to use it (for show only) since the game was so easy.
they could balance it by making them found later in the game rather then in the middle like in X/Y. They could make them bosses to compensate like the Noble Pokemon in PLA.

Better to just go with what NoA said with the entirely within lumiose and be plesantly suprised, rather than go in expecting it to have more and it not. But that's just me.
While it is true, that as I said above, I'm not expecting Lumiose to be the only setting, I also won't be disappointed if it is. I think an open-world urban Pokemon game has a lot of potential. I'm just expecting that to be what the game is.

they could balance it by making them found later in the game rather then in the middle like in X/Y. They could make them bosses to compensate like the Noble Pokemon in PLA.
Please no, I want to actually use them. The worst part of megas in XY is that 90% of them were locked to post game, meaning if you dont do competitive you litterally have no opportunity to use them.

Please no, I want to actually use them. The worst part of megas in XY is that 90% of them were locked to post game, meaning if you dont do competitive you litterally have no opportunity to use them.
And not just that: they gave you literally a one hour period to find them, and they also locked it behind a sidequest that forced you to go to the Battle Maison, defeat at least one trainer there, then you have to defeat the opposite gendered PC in Kiloude City, and then you have to travel to Anistar to get a lecture from Professor Sycamore where you finally gain the ability to even find most of the Mega Stones.

And not just that: they gave you literally a one hour period to find them, and they also locked it behind a sidequest that forced you to go to the Battle Maison, defeat at least one trainer there, then you have to defeat the opposite gendered PC in Kiloude City, and then you have to travel to Anistar to get a lecture from Professor Sycamore where you finally gain the ability to even find most of the Mega Stones.
pretty sure you didn't actually have to fight anyone in the battle maison

Okay, so I think I just came up with a unique idea regarding the potential issues with whole "set entirely within Lumiose City" thing: if we don't move beyond the urban environment of Lumiose City, what if a Pokémon causes the city itself to shift around? We already know Hoopa is such a Pokémon: it once transported an entire palace after all (I think that was stated in XY?) and is heavily implied to be behind the Mirage Spots of ORAS.

Not only that, but there's a few other things that having such a plot point would add to and/or justify:
  1. If the city is constantly shifting around, it gives more urgency to the Lumiose Urban Redevelopment Plan. The residents need to be prepared for anything and accommodate all the wild Pokémon that are getting up in this mess.
  2. This issue also justifies why you can't leave the city itself rather than just because or being given a bunch of flimsy excuses. I imagine it wouldn't really be safe to enter or exit a location that is constantly shifting environments.
  3. Zygarde is all about balancing the ecosystem. A city randomly popping in and out of various environments directly impacts the ecosystem in a negative way via wildlife and resource displacement. This is practically the perfect way to get the previously sidelined Z Legendary involved in the plot.
  4. Plopping Lumiose City in different environments allows Game Freak to get more creative with their urban environments from a development standpoint, as you could theoretically get various versions of the existing environment that would break up the monotony of your typical urban environment.
Granted, all of this is assuming that the Lumiose City we see in-game takes place in either the present or the future. However, this could very well work in a past environment as well (making Lumiose's history delightfully bizarre).

You first get to use it after the third gym badge which is a bit before the middle but I see what you mean. Having mage evolutions be bosses or powerful wild pokemon makes sense to me as they are powered up forms of regular pokemon. It makes sense for them to be treated as special encounters that you need to prepare for and be careful about.
Please no, I want to actually use them. The worst part of megas in XY is that 90% of them were locked to post game, meaning if you don't do competitive you literally have no opportunity to use them.

The problem is that you can't have mega evolutions too early either because they are powered up forms of final stage evolutions. Even the ones with the lowest base stat totals are arguably too strong to use after the third gym badge because the power level increases was too fast. Not only would you have to wait until you can acquire fully evolved pokemon, you should also have time to get used to using and fighting pokemon of that power level before including mega evolutions. Yes, you can give more trainers mega evolutions (which should have been the case in X/Y) but you still have to keep the difficulty curve and progression in mind.

I think that they're gonna keep the Kalos starters the same, only this time they will actually have Mega Evolutions. I think that aside from the Kanto, Hoenn, and Kalos starters there's not gonna be any old starters in the game.

I think that they're gonna keep the Kalos starters the same, only this time they will actually have Mega Evolutions. I think that aside from the Kanto, Hoenn, and Kalos starters there's not gonna be any old starters in the game.
That's definitely a possibility, but i feel like from a marketing standpoint, GF would be more inclined to have other starters, since if you're a fan of any of the Kalos starters cough Greninja cough then you'll be buying the game already, but if they have other popular starters too, then the fans of those starters will be buying the game too. Also, I feel like they might be worried that a Mega Greninja would be unpopular because of comparisons to Ash-Greninja.

Back
Top Bottom