• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon movie ends up as top anime film in Japan for 2007: Grossed over 5 billion yen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon movie ends up as top anime film in Japan for 2007: Grossed over 5 billion yen

With the end of 2007, the top grossing films at the Japanese box office has been revealed. The tenth anniversary movie Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl: [[bp:Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai|Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai]] earned over 5 billion yen, making it the fifth highest grossing movie for the year and the top grossing anime movie as well.

Read more on Bulbanews

Very impressive.

Or maybe the playing field was weak this year?

I beg to differ, Zhen. Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 was out.

A bit shocking since Evangelion was out this year, but very impressive for Pokemon or any movie for that matter.

Impressive! I hope this is a sign that pokemon is returning to Glory!

Its the first movie of a new gen, of course it would do well.

If Movie 11 has a decline in sales, then it would pretty much follow the pattern of every gen starting off strong and then doing slightly less each year.

I beg to differ, Zhen. Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 was out.

A bit shocking since Evangelion was out this year, but very impressive for Pokemon or any movie for that matter.

Evangelion is hardly a film people of all ages go to though. It's not an event, to say, compared to a Studio Ghibli picture.

To clarify, this is the grosses of the top ten anime movies for 2007:

Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl: Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai (movie) $42,238,454 July 14
Doraemon: Nobita no Shin Makai Daibōken - Shichinin no Mahōtsukai $28,671,322 March 10
Detective Conan: Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure $20,094,670 April 21
Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone $15,343,699 September 1
Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi wo Yobu Utau Ketsu dake Bakudan! $12,465,599 April 21
Naruto Shippūden (movie) $9,830,039 August 4
One Piece: Episode of Alabaster - Sabaku no Ojou to Kaizoku Tachi $7,075,924 March 3
Yes! Precure 5: Kagami no Kuni no Miracle Daibōken! $6,690,495 November 10
Chou Gekijouban Keroro Gunso 2: Shinkai no Princess de Arimasu! $3,877,862 March 17
Mushiking/Oshare Majo Love and Berry: Shiawase no Mahou $3,583,712

And barring all the inflation crud, the tenth movie is the third highest of all Pokemon films, following the first two films.

Too be fair... people were heavily bribed to go to this movie :p

Out of curiousity, what was the Japanese gross of the biggest movie of any genre in 2007. Anyone know?

Ah, I'm glad to hear about this. I have hopes Pokemon will make a slow rise to regained fame if this is as successful in North America. Then, the third game of this Gen, etc. :drool:

I found this movie to actually hook(and keep) my attention.
Very good, in my opinion.

I'm glad its finally #1 in Japan; after always being second.
I doubt this means it'll be released(or has a chance) at being released in the movie theater stateside, however.

Wow, in a way that is awesome, but I think for the huge getting Darkrai probably helped attracted lots of people in Japan to come and see the movie. And I must say the movie was pretty good, I liked it!

That is SO freakin' SWEET. o_o

Aww, Doraemon. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom