• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea," D/P airs on CN in March

Well then, that's your problem. If you don't choose to do anything about it, it's not the fault of anyone else and no reason to go off on one against them.

No point complaining about something if you can't be bothered to take action over it.

I won't go against my parents, what are you, nuts?

Watching Pokémon is the only thing I ever do with my sad, sad life besides playing (mostly Pokémon) video games, reading books, and playing the Pokémon TCG.

*dials the police to report a hijacked thread*

This just is someone in a bad mood looking for attention and sympathy. Sheesh...

And that's our fault how?

Correction: that's SOVA's fault, how?

You're just pissed because the US gets a piddly number of DP episodes before you do. Nothing really important even happens in them besides Hikari and Shinji being introduced, James getting Carnivine, and Ash catching Turtwig anyway.

I think you were just looking for something to attack SOVA over and this gave you that chance.

Now, I'm no mod, but I can tell you this: you'd be well advised to cut this nonsense now before you meet the business end of someone who IS a mod.

Well, I know a site that uploads the episodes of the ENTIRE Pokémon animé, but I'm too much of an ass to share it with you.

Back on track, I do hope Hikari and Shinji's VAs gives us good performances.

Well, I know a site that uploads the episodes of the ENTIRE Pokémon animé, but I'm too much of an ass to share it with you.

Back on track, I do hope Hikari and Shinji's VAs gives us good performances.

Michelle Knotz should do Hikari. She was one of the best with NewMay, and I think she's got what it takes to pull off a character all her own.

But Shinji? I don't know... I don't know enough of him to really make a guess on how he should sound.

Butler, I'm mad because you guys get DP and we don't have BF yet. Who wouldn't if they lived a boring life like mine. Besides, I've seen those DP episodes already. I've only seen half of Battle Frontier, and all scattered parts. If it wasn't for SOVA, YTV would have picked the new season up - because they've already mentioned that Dimaond and Pearl has its own anime, so it's not like they don't know.

I agree with XD375. It is ridiculous that one country gets a full season and no other country even starts airing it. All of my numerous sources (YouTube, Dailymotion, PB, etc.) have dried up with Battle Frontier. I've tried downloading the torrents, but they never play or convert for me.

I know that this is off-topic, and that perhaps what XD375 said could be construed as harsh, but as a fellow Canuck I completely understand the frustration.

And please, we've all had bad days. Don't judge a person's actions when you don't know what is going on in their life. Yes, it was an ill-placed rant, but we all blow off steam in different ways. There is no need to respond to such a strong opinion in such a manner, especially if it is out-of-character. Don't be so quick to judge people on the basis of one post in this topic that is more of a release of frustration then any genuine feeling.

I agree with Michelle Knotz voicing Hikari, but I do hope Shinji isn't done by Gary's VA.

Can't wait for the new opening. I just hope it's longer.

Michelle Knotz should do Hikari. She was one of the best with NewMay, and I think she's got what it takes to pull off a character all her own.

But Shinji? I don't know... I don't know enough of him to really make a guess on how he should sound.

Shinji should definitely have a voice similar to his voice in Japan. He's pretty antagonistic and if they even gave him a Gary like voice, it just wouldn't work - it'd be silly.

If this were 4Kids, I'd say Dan Green would be perfect for it - but I aint got a clue about Taj's repitoire so I'll just hope for anything remotely similar to the original voice.

I've tried downloading the torrents, but they never play or convert for me.

You don't play torrents, you use them to download the episodes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit_torrent

I agree with XD375. It is ridiculous that one country gets a full season and no other country even starts airing it. All of my numerous sources (YouTube, Dailymotion, PB, etc.) have dried up with Battle Frontier. I've tried downloading the torrents, but they never play or convert for me.

I know that this is off-topic, and that perhaps what XD375 said could be construed as harsh, but as a fellow Canuck I completely understand the frustration.

And please, we've all had bad days. Don't judge a person's actions when you don't know what is going on in their life. Yes, it was an ill-placed rant, but we all blow off steam in different ways. There is no need to respond to such a strong opinion in such a manner, especially if it is out-of-character. Don't be so quick to judge people on the basis of one post in this topic that is more of a release of frustration then any genuine feeling.
Thanks, Matkin22. For the whole post, especially the part I bolded.

Butler, I'm mad because you guys get DP and we don't have BF yet. Who wouldn't if they lived a boring life like mine. Besides, I've seen those DP episodes already. I've only seen half of Battle Frontier, and all scattered parts. If it wasn't for SOVA, YTV would have picked the new season up - because they've already mentioned that Dimaond and Pearl has its own anime, so it's not like they don't know.

It's not because of SOVA. That's just a self-serving fantasy you've convinced yourself is true. Answer me this: if SOVA has enough influence to block the dub from Canada, why haven't they had an ounce of success in the country that the dub originates from?

I'll be waiting on that answer.

And complaining that your life is boring doesn't earn a trump card to pick unwarranted fights with people who haven't done anything to deserve it.

Matkin22: If it's just him blowing steam he would've dropped the absolutely ridiculous claim that this is all a conspiracy by a group of about a dozen people to keep him from seeing Battle Frontier. He hasn't, which indicates that the hatred is deeper than just steam blowing---add that to the fact that he specifically went into the SOVA thread and started there (but to a lesser degree) and you have a pretty solid case.

Matkin22: If it's just him blowing steam he would've dropped the absolutely ridiculous claim that this is all a conspiracy by a group of about a dozen people to keep him from seeing Battle Frontier. He hasn't, which indicates that the hatred is deeper than just steam blowing---add that to the fact that he specifically went into the SOVA thread and started there (but to a lesser degree) and you have a pretty solid case.

I'm not going to get drawn into an argument over another users conduct, and how others perceive that conduct. My point, as stated in my previous post, referred to XD375s post in this thread, and not in any other topics. People have bad days and they react differently. I was talking about a minor rant in this topic that is nothing more than pent-up frustration/exasperation; I was not talking about any posts in any other topics such as the SOVA thread (which I freely admit to not having read at this point in time).

What I was saying is that you can't talk to a member like that when you don't know what they are going through. For all you know their best friend could have committed suicide. And if that was the case, how would you be feeling? I'm not suggesting that this is what happened (I doubt XD375 would be online if that was the case), but the point remains the same.

My point remains the same also: I know he's smarter than to honestly believe Canadian television is depriving him of Battle Frontier because of a dozen or less protesting viewers in another country. The whole idea of it being SOVA's fault he can't see Battle Frontier is just so ludicrous that no rationally thinking human being could or should believe it.

You know what? This is a waste of my time. I'm not getting in trouble for this. If he wants to keep flamebaiting, fine, it won't be my problem if he goes too far.

Shinji should definitely have a voice similar to his voice in Japan. He's pretty antagonistic and if they even gave him a Gary like voice, it just wouldn't work - it'd be silly.

Ugh. I hate Gary's voice. Always have, always will. I wish he would've changed when PUSA took over.

Didn't Bill Rogers say he was voicing Electivire in the upcoming Gary episode? I'm looking forward to that---he's come a long way since his awful performance in Mastermind 1 and become one of the best VAs on the show now.

I would love it if the girl who voiced May did Hikari. I just don't know what she sounds like other then May though, so I can't really be definite on it now that I think about it. hahaha

It's not because of SOVA entirely, but rather because they agree with SOVA and don't like the fact that the new VAs are voicing.

Or, it could be because Pokémon isn't popular anymore, and they don't wanna waster their money on an other season of a show that gets no ratings (in Canada).

I would love it if the girl who voiced May did Hikari. I just don't know what she sounds like other then May though, so I can't really be definite on it now that I think about it. hahaha

She does Jessie too.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom