• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea," D/P airs on CN in March

I definitely DON'T want Michelle Knotz playing Hikari.

Don't get me wrong, she's one of the BEST new voices on the show, (her May and Jessie are fantastic!), but she does almost every female in the show, including Joy and Misty as well.

Besides, May sounded a tad like Misty at the start of BF, and Hikari should have a distinct voice that's seperate from those two.

All Hikari needs is an enthusiastic and cheery girly voice, like Veronica Taylor's May. Obviously I don't want Hikari to sound like that either, but something along those lines of enthusiasm.

If this were 4Kids, I'd say Dan Green would be perfect for it
And for Brandon, I could perfectly picture the Yami Yugi voice.

Shinji would probably have mor of Little Yugi's voice, except maybe more fierce.

Oh, so you guys are getting FREAKIN' D/P, and us Canadians are still watching the once-a-week reruns of Advanced Battle, because YTV supports SOVA.
Why don't you just download the eps off irc or bittorrent?
I agree with XD375. It is ridiculous that one country gets a full season and no other country even starts airing it. All of my numerous sources (YouTube, Dailymotion, PB, etc.) have dried up with Battle Frontier. I've tried downloading the torrents, but they never play or convert for me.

I know that this is off-topic, and that perhaps what XD375 said could be construed as harsh, but as a fellow Canuck I completely understand the frustration.

And please, we've all had bad days. Don't judge a person's actions when you don't know what is going on in their life. Yes, it was an ill-placed rant, but we all blow off steam in different ways. There is no need to respond to such a strong opinion in such a manner, especially if it is out-of-character. Don't be so quick to judge people on the basis of one post in this topic that is more of a release of frustration then any genuine feeling.
You should try to play the eps using vlc. That program plays any type of video.

Last edited:
Ah, so the 9th movie airs on March 23rd at 7:00 PM?

That's cool!! ^_^

No...there are five Season 9 episodes remaining after "Home is Where the Start Is" airs on the 3rd.
Oh, I see.

Oh, so you guys are getting FREAKIN' D/P, and us Canadians are still watching the once-a-week reruns of Advanced Battle, because YTV supports SOVA.
Um......

Wow, that was seriously uncalled for, Shane. :-(

Why are you taking out your anger on SOVA? What did we do to make you so mad at us?

Well, anyway, at least you're able to watch Advanced Battle (if you wanted to, I mean). Even though I would really love to watch them, I can't watch my Advanced Battle reruns anymore, because I don't have a TV. X_X

Okay, technically I do have a TV. My friend let me borrow his TV for a while, but I can only use it for playing my Gamecube and N64 games. I can't watch TV on it though.

You see, the problem is, there's a piece missing in the back of the TV, so I can't hook it up to cable. That's why I'm unable to watch TV right now, and that's making me very sad and upset.

I'm just glad that one of my friends is allowing me to watch the new Battle Frontier episodes (every Saturday) over at his dorm room. That means I don't have to download the episodes or anything. Thank goodness.

Still, I miss watching my Advanced Battle reruns. That's one of my favorite daily activities. :-(

It's not because of SOVA entirely, but rather because they agree with SOVA and don't like the fact that the new VAs are voicing.
But, you don't know whether or not the network that airs Pokemon (in Canada) supports SOVA. Do you?

I mean, do you know for a fact whether they actually support our organization?

To be honest, I'd be very surprised if they did......

I mean, in the slight possibility that they did support us, and if that's really true, then you'd think they would actually help us accomplish our goal of getting the original VAs back.

Or, it could be because Pokémon isn't popular anymore, and they don't wanna waster their money on an other season of a show that gets no ratings (in Canada).
If you ask me, that makes a lot more sense. And that seems like a more likely reason for them to not air the D/P season.

I don't think SOVA has anything to do with them not airing D/P.

Overall, this is what I think. Okay, sure, the network that airs Pokemon in Canada might not like the fact that the show has new voices. However, that does NOT give them a reason to delay airing the D/P season. That would be rediculous if they didn't air the D/P episodes, just because they aren't fans of the new VAs/new voices.

Last edited:
The way people took XD375's off-hand comment about SOVA and blew it way out of proportion is some fanwank worthy stuff indeed.

Pokeyug said:
Why don't you just download the eps off irc or bittorrent?

First of all, Pokeyug; I'm not trying to single you out here. I'm just speaking to everyone as a group with this post.

With that said...I really hate that attitude that a lot of fans have. There are a lot of reasons people could have for not downloading episodes. Maybe they don't have the free space on their computer and can't afford to upgrade it. Maybe they're on a university network that caps users' bandwidth, preventing them from downloading large .avi files. Maybe they only have dial-up (you'd be surprised how many people are still operating on 56K). Maybe they don't want to take the time to navigate the incredibly annoying and user-unfriendly program that is mIRC. Maybe they have an ethical aversion to downloading episodes. Maybe maybe maybe.

There are all kinds of reasons people can have for not downloading episodes. Just because someone doesn't break an un-enforced copyright law on a weekly basis doesn't mean you guys should shun them and act like giant pricks.

With that said...I really hate that attitude that a lot of fans have. There are a lot of reasons people could have for not downloading episodes. Maybe they don't have the free space on their computer and can't afford to upgrade it. Maybe they're on a university network that caps users' bandwidth, preventing them from downloading large .avi files. Maybe they only have dial-up (you'd be surprised how many people are still operating on 56K). Maybe they don't want to take the time to navigate the incredibly annoying and user-unfriendly program that is mIRC. Maybe they have an ethical aversion to downloading episodes. Maybe maybe maybe.

There are all kinds of reasons people can have for not downloading episodes. Just because someone doesn't break an un-enforced copyright law on a weekly basis doesn't mean you guys should shun them and act like giant pricks.

If you don't want to do it, you don't have to. Just don't sit around complaining that you can't watch it when the option is sitting there perfectly available. Seriously, if you don't want to DO anything about a problem you're sitting whining about, what's the bloody point in whining about it in the first place?

Butler, I'm mad because you guys get DP and we don't have BF yet. Who wouldn't if they lived a boring life like mine.

I'm mad because we didn't get Advanced Challenge yet and have Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! reruns in its' timeslot. And Master Quest reruns at 9 AM.

WHO should be complaining? THAT is not fair. 1 year delay is OK, but 3...

Anyway, it's pretty early to air a movie in TV...

I think the voice who does the dubed Suke from Naruto should do Shinji's dub voice in Pokemon, I think it would match. Ask for Hikari don't know...I'm pretty happy though that were getting both D/P episodes dubed and movie 9.

Thanks Starly, for the link!

And Lisa, we haven't even had freakin' Battle Frontier yet, and Advanced Battle is really annoying until they get back to Kanto - I wasn't a big fan of Hoenn at all. I'm not even watching those reruns, I wish they were Kanto-Johto.

Anyway, YTV sucks, and my attitude towards things sucks when I'm in a bad mood. Sorry, I'm in a good mood now at least! (Dad got me Digimon Rumble Arena 2 for apparently no reason other than that it's hard-to-find).

Sorry Lisa, Butler and everyone else who took offense. I thank MAtkin and the others who didn't blow it out of proportion.

But it IS unpopular in Canada. Zellers doesn't even remember getting the Lucario movie in ever. Toys R Us had it, but just for one day.

Anyways, I can't wait to see the ninth movie online or something, because Pokémon movies that aren't AG-4Kids aren't widely available where I live.

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
That's not taking it out of context, Dogasu?

I never said I agreed with the comment. The idea of SOVA having any effect on the Canadian broadcast is laughable. But, at the same time, there was really nothing in his posts worth throwing the hissy fit that a lot of you started.

So he's complaining about not being able to see the new season. BIG FREAKIN' DEAL. I recall a lot of American fans making much bitcher comments when the UK got Pokémon Chronicles a year before we did.

Doctor Oak said:
Just don't sit around complaining that you can't watch it when the option is sitting there perfectly available.

If any of what I listed out earlier applies to you...lack of space, capped bandwidth, 56K, etc....then downloading episodes is not an option. Just because you're fortunate enough to have all the elements in place necessary to acquire the newest episodes doesn't mean that everyone else does.

I'm not saying they had an effect, I'm saying YTV supports the idea of not airing the new voices, or maybe, which is WAY MORE LIKELY, it's because Pokémon is one of their least rated shows, because kids these days would rather watch Jacob Two-Two or Being Ian, or any other gay Canadian show, or more mature anime.

(And even though Spider Riders is on Teletoon, it's even more popular.)

Have someone else download it and stick it on a DVD for you, buy the DVDs on eBay, buy the DVDs in an actual shop, have an American friend DVDr the episodes and mail them to you, buy a better computer and download the episodes, get a better ISP and download the episodes, get a proper connection and download the episodes.

Plenty of options right there to solve the problem. Like I said, if you're not willing to do something about whatever it is you're moaning about, don't waste your own and other people's time by moaning in the first place.

I'm mad because we didn't get Advanced Challenge yet and have Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! reruns in its' timeslot. And Master Quest reruns at 9 AM.

WHO should be complaining? THAT is not fair. 1 year delay is OK, but 3...

Anyway, it's pretty early to air a movie in TV...
It's still better then here. At this time, we don't have any reruns. The last seasone aired here were Johto League Champions and the last officially released movie were movie 4. But do I complaint? No! Instead I writting and calling to TV networks let them know, that there's still people which likely watched Pokémon in TV.
I agree with Michelle Knotz voicing Hikari, but I do hope Shinji isn't done by Gary's VA.
Believe me, if they will be stupid enough to let Zoppi voicing Shinji, I'm booking ticket to New York and :bash: PUSA's and TAJ's representatives :lol:
I personally think Bill Rogers (newBrock) would be good for Shinji. He proved he have big voice and emotional range. Plus he lost three big roles in DP ;-)
As for Hikari, I dunno. Maybe I'm more concerned with her name then her voice.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom