• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea," D/P airs on CN in March

And what does the character have to do with light?

How much effort does Nintendo put into default main character names?

Well, she's got very light spirits. You could use it in a different context.

But, I hope that they name her Kairi, but I think that would be like "omfg rip of of kingdom hearts" so I dunno.

I don't see the big deal is what Hikari's name is.

It doesn't have to relate to her Japanese name at all.

Well, she's got very light spirits. You could use it in a different context.

But, I hope that they name her Kairi, but I think that would be like "omfg rip of of kingdom hearts" so I dunno.
Actually, my biggest fear 'bout Hikari's english name is that they named her Kari. It's really cheap. Plus, it would be Digimon rip.
We got three + MR. Heh.
We never got Mewtwo Returns. And 4th movie were released only on VHS with really poor dub. Plus the VHS allways were hard to get.
Why not? Here Brock and Gary are both voiced by the same actor and noone have a problem with that xD
I'm not sure you got my point. I was writing I didn't want Zoppi voiced Shinji, because I feel his voice didn't fit to the chracter. But Bill Rogers, which voiced Brock, Drew, Scott or Pokédex now, I think proved that he's capable to catch any character. That's why I hope he WILL voiced Shinji.
Tamers was rubbish though, the first two Digimon were the good ones. :p
You are one of few people saying this. Many people think Tamers were the best Digimon series ever. I personally can't judge, because Tamers is the only Digimon series I don't have chance to watch whole :-(

Last edited:
I HOPE they don't name her Kari, simply because people would yell "DIGIMON CLONE".

Anyway, I hope it starts with an "H", like Hollie. About the same length, it's an awesome name, and it will break the "pattern" people ramble about.

Also, Wiki said it was Maggie. While I know this isn't true, tons of fans freaked out over it and whine about how it is a sucky name and sounds like the name of an ugly lady (which, you know, since I have friends named Maggie I'm somewhat in awe at this disgust), and it sounds to much like May (yup...).

So, if it's not Hikari...well, I expect whining up the Fan-wazoo.

Also, I think the guy who did Kenan in the Golden Sudowood Episode (and Rudy back in OI) would make a nice Shinji.

Sarah would have posted on her MySpace if she was doing Hikari.

I never even thought of that. Yet another reason I think there's a fake Sarah Natochenny running about, in addition to the reference to "Hikari" and the fact you'd think she knew the tackiness of posting such a message in the space of the actor you replaced. The fake did get her useage of the word "peeps" right, at least.

Someone should ask her what Shinji's name is, see if that doesn't seal the deal.

You are one of few people saying this. Many people think Tamers were the best Digimon series ever. I personally can't judge, because Tamers is the only Digimon series I don't have chance to watch whole :-(

Agreed! I loved Tamers, and definitely thought it was the best.

Anyways, how would the name "Kari" be a digimon (or kingdom hearts) rip-off? 0_o I mean, they don't OWN the names, do they? Sure, it may cause some people to think of the similarities, but I mean, come on...

"Kari" would be the closest to Hikari.
And think, we'd get the whole Japanese name in the dub when people greet the character. "Hi, Kari!" xD

Because "Hikari" in Digimon Adventure and Digimon Adventure 02 is called "Kari" for short in the English dub, although they may have referenced her by her full name if she would have been on the first episode, "And so it begins..."

^^^Or as how the Singaporeand/English dub pronounce, "Hickory" XD

As for Hikari's name, I do hope NOA at least puts some thought in naming.

I was at comiccon and the new voice of brock said that there is only one or two episodes left of this season. I also found out that they didnt dub season 10 yet, so this doesnt make sense. They also showed the first seven minutes of movie 9 . I recorded it with my camera and you can watch it by downloading this.
http://www.mediafire.com/?0znmwmwmaqz

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom