• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea," D/P airs on CN in March

Saving the last 5 eps for D/P's release date and then Season 10 for the Fall seems like the logical thing they'd do.

They probably don't want to air them now because D/P isn't even out yet, but CN can get mileage out of them before Season 10 by simply airing them around April.

While that would make sense, this is CN we're talking about. That network stopped making decisions based on common sense about five years ago.

Well, buying Pokemon was a massive amount of common sense logic right off the mark. Pokemon = ratings.

Secondly, as D/P 1 isn't airing next week, and instead they're going into rerun city, it does appear to indicate that D/P 1-5 aren't going to be aired until the rest of them are scheduled to be aired.

They could always do something like the Hoenn Sneak Peek thing last time and air DP 1-3 on or around April 22nd though.

Sexy Oak said:
Well, buying Pokemon was a massive amount of common sense logic right off the mark. Pokemon = ratings.

Yeah, but these days, decisions like that are a rarity.

This is the same network that thought Wulin Warriors would work with the Toonami crowd and that airing Pee Wee's Playhouse on Adult Swim woudln't piss people off.

Secondly, as D/P 1 isn't airing next week, and instead they're going into rerun city, it does appear to indicate that D/P 1-5 aren't going to be aired until the rest of them are scheduled to be aired.

How so? I think Scott's idea of CN airing DP 1-5 in April and then premiering Season 10 in the late summer/early fall is extremely feasible. They're going to want to get their mileage out those last Season 9 episodes before they head into Season 10, and waiting until they can air them all together (which the network wouldn't really have any incentive to do) wouldn't allow them to do that.

He's not the only one that has thought that. They have the perfect opportunity to air DP on April 21, but I can't say for certain that they will. Otherwise, reruns of BF can last clear into August. I agree they would have to be pretty ignorant to delay it that much. The only thing we can do is wait and see.

Yeah, why would CN practically rush through Battle Frontier only to not show any new episodes for several months!?

Because they're crazy?

CN should have never done those weekday primiers in the first place, there was absolutely no good reason to rush through Season 9 like they did, especially since we were getting two new eps each Saturday on top of that! I'm actually happy the ratings took a dive after they did that because they deserved it.

Hopefully they'll air D/P more efficiently, but who knows. Its times like this that makes me wish Pokemon was still on KidsWb, they generally handled things better.

YTV did the same thing for Master Quest many years ago. It aired in Canada first and it aired daily. There is nothing new about Pokemon airing daily. As for D/P airing, I wouldnt be surprised to see it start airing around the same time as the game launch which is only 7 weeks away. I think most people could handle 7 weeks of repeats.. If not watch the raw ;p

YTV did the same for almost every single season, actually. That's why people got so bored of it in Canada. The new ones were squeezed, on every freakin' hour. By the end of November the season that is still particularly new everywhere else, sometimes even Japan, would all be old news to Canadians.

Canadains got sick of anything to do with Pokémon, putting it into the sad, sasd, state it is here now.

Cartoon Network did just that with Advanced Battle over here, so really the American version doing the same was never a farfetched idea to me.

Scott85 said:
CN should have never done those weekday primiers in the first place, there was absolutely no good reason to rush through Season 9 like they did,

Ratings ratings ratings.

The more they showed new episodes, the better the ratings were. Those three weeks of new premieres was only originally meant to last for one week, but when the ratings came back and it was shown to be a hit, they extended it for a second week. And then again for a third week. They probably would have done it for a fourth week, but at that time I don't think PUSA had dubbed enough episodes for a fourth week to be possible.

The problem with that is while that's good in the short term, in the long term, it really hurts the franchise.

especially since we were getting two new eps each Saturday on top of that!

I'm pretty sure the Saturday airings during those three weeks of premieres were all reruns, which is why the ratings for those airings took a nosedive.

Hopefully they'll air D/P more efficiently, but who knows.

One could argue that they're rushing through the season so they could be finished with BF by April, which will be considered "old news" once Diamond & Pearl arrive. But they could have done a better job of it, though. If they had only done two weeks of new episodes back in November, for example, that would have given them four additional weeks to premiere new episodes. "Home is Where the Start Is" could have aired on April 7th, allowing DP 001 and DP 002 to air on the 14th and the 21st, respectively. That way, the anime would have been able to hype people up for the games' April 22nd release, all while keeping the ratings up.

Ratings ratings ratings.

The more they showed new episodes, the better the ratings were. Those three weeks of new premieres was only originally meant to last for one week, but when the ratings came back and it was shown to be a hit, they extended it for a second week. And then again for a third week. They probably would have done it for a fourth week, but at that time I don't think PUSA had dubbed enough episodes for a fourth week to be possible.

But wouldn't they know that even if ratings were high with all these weekday eps that they would eventually burn through the season too quickly and have nothing to show afterward?

They may get high ratings in those weeks, but all the low ratings in the following weeks because of reruns kind of evens it out, doesn't it?

So in general, it didn't really do them any good.

I'm not sure how CN is going to handle the release of DP except that I'm pretty sure that they're either going to premiere Episodes 1-3 on the 21st, Saturday night special with lots of pre-hype, or go and put DP 1-5 on Monday through Friday, 23rd - 27th and then go to two episode Saturday thing that WB and CN originally had.

But hey, those are just my two cents on the subject.

Although "Sometimes Pokemon need a little extra protection"....the line sounds so...well, Wailord of a Time-ish.

So I just heard Phantom's voice, and it seems he has a "pirate" accent.

It occurs to me that if 4Kids had given him the exact same voice, people would say how awful it was that he sounds like a stereotypical pirate.

So I just heard Phantom's voice, and it seems he has a "pirate" accent.

It occurs to me that if 4Kids had given him the exact same voice, people would say how awful it was that he sounds like a stereotypical pirate.
At least
it's not layed on too thick from what I saw during the 7-minute preview.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom