• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remakes of RS are pretty much a given. With that not-so-subtle clue in XY, I'd wager we will get those before we get Z. Of course, the story will stay the same in each version, but I think they should work in both teams in some way. I think Hoenn will look stunning with 3DS graphics. I can only imagine what Fortree City will look like. O.O

Post-game Battle Frontier needs to happen, as well as some sort of expanded areas and capabilities to catch other non-Hoenn dex Pokemon, like bring back the Radio Sounds from HGSS, or just do Swarms and PokeRadar again. I could have sworn there was a Hoenn mention when you talked to a guy in Royal Unova, but maybe I'm mistaken?

Honestly, if I had to make a guess on when we'd get the R/S/E remakes I have a feeling it will be a year from now. HeartGold had been released a year after Platinum, so I can see them continuing that. Then Pokemon Z.

That's just my guess.

These are the hints that have surfaced so far relevant to Pokémon X & Pokémon Y regarding anything to do with the Hoenn Region.

An NPC saying this about the Hoenn region: "You will see it in due time"
An elderly couple are talking about their 40th and 45th wedding anniversary branding them as "Ruby and then Sapphire anniversary" respectively
The Hex Maniac trainer class being present, for the first time since 3rd Gen
Yveltal and Xerneas being red and blue in color respectively, while having abilities with similar effects, sorta like Groudon/Kyogre
The main characters Serena and Calem also having their default clothing that's primarily red and blue respectively
Zygarde being a Dragon-type, and having a serpentine-like body, similar to Rayquaza
Zygarde's ability cancels out Xerneas/Yveltal's abilities, much like how Rayquaza's does a similar thing to Groudon/Kyogre's abilities
The fact the 7th Kalos Gym is a Psychic-type Gym, much like how Hoenn's 7th Gym was also Psychic-type
The player is not originally from Kalos, much like how the player in 3rd Gen was not originally from Hoenn
There are four main characters in the XY Anime Series, Ash, Brock, Clemont & Bonnie, which is very similar to the advanced series in Hoenn with Ash, Brock, May & Max.

Nice, a couple more hints, even though some are a bit stretching lol :) Anyway, besides the updated soundtrack, which was mentioned by Eradia, I am so looking forward to see the underwater routes in 3D graphics. Also, RSemakes with character customization will be great. That is, if Game Freak doesn't throw away the feature for some reason.

Since the Kanto and Hoenn starters were obtainable post-game in HGSS, maybe the Sinnoh and Unova starters will be available post-game. Also wasn't the Johto starters obtainable in Emerald? maybe that will carry into RS remakes. It would be the best way for Game Freak to give the Johto, Sinnoh, Unova and remaining Hoenn starters Mega evolutions all in one game.

These are the hints that have surfaced so far relevant to Pokémon X & Pokémon Y regarding anything to do with the Hoenn Region.

An elderly couple are talking about their 40th and 45th wedding anniversary branding them as "Ruby and then Sapphire anniversary" respectively
Yveltal and Xerneas being red and blue in color respectively, while having abilities with similar effects, sorta like Groudon/Kyogre
The main characters Serena and Calem also having their default clothing that's primarily red and blue respectively
Zygarde being a Dragon-type, and having a serpentine-like body, similar to Rayquaza
Zygarde's ability cancels out Xerneas/Yveltal's abilities, much like how Rayquaza's does a similar thing to Groudon/Kyogre's abilities
The fact the 7th Kalos Gym is a Psychic-type Gym, much like how Hoenn's 7th Gym was also Psychic-type
The player is not originally from Kalos, much like how the player in 3rd Gen was not originally from Hoenn
There are four main characters in the XY Anime Series, Ash, Brock, Clemont & Bonnie, which is very similar to the advanced series in Hoenn with Ash, Brock, May & Max.

Those are mostly similarities and shout outs at best, that's stretching it too much. The mascots are red and blue, just like in Ruby and Sapphire? Most version mascots are red and blue (Charizard and Blastoise, Ho-oh and Lugia, Groudon and Kyogre, Dialga and Palkia somehow, and even Rehiram and Zekrom when in Overdrive Mode), those two colors opposing each other are a staple of the series. The Hex Maniac class is back? By that logic, Honey making a comeback means Sinnoh remakes confirmed as well. Oh! 7th gym is Psychic, just like in Hoenn? 7th Gym in Unova was Ice, just like in Johto, yet we didn't have GSC remakes in Gen V. Z legendary is serpentine just like Rayquaza? Unova duo were dragon deities just like the Sinnoh duo and the third Unova dragon received new formes in the next games, just like the third Sinnoh dragon, so where's my 5th Gen Sinnoh remake? Four anime protagonists in the new series? Gen V ditched Brock just like the Orange Islands saga, yet that didn't mean that the Orange Islands were finally debuting in the games or that we'd have a new set of Gen I remakes. See? Just because there are similarities doesn't mean they're hints at a remake.

If only, the only ACTUAL hint is the "you'll see Hoenn in due time" quote and maybe the married couple.

I don't neccessarily think there isn't a 'pattern' involving remakes. While it is most likely coincidental, it seems more like "New system, new remake", hence why BW wasn't followed by the RS remakes; because it was on an already dieing platform and there had already been remakes.

I do want remakes for sure, but I'd rather enjoy the games we have now!

Those are mostly similarities and shout outs at best, that's stretching it too much. The mascots are red and blue, just like in Ruby and Sapphire? Most version mascots are red and blue (Charizard and Blastoise, Ho-oh and Lugia, Groudon and Kyogre, Dialga and Palkia somehow, and even Rehiram and Zekrom when in Overdrive Mode), those two colors opposing each other are a staple of the series. The Hex Maniac class is back? By that logic, Honey making a comeback means Sinnoh remakes confirmed as well. Oh! 7th gym is Psychic, just like in Hoenn? 7th Gym in Unova was Ice, just like in Johto, yet we didn't have GSC remakes in Gen V. Z legendary is serpentine just like Rayquaza? Unova duo were dragon deities just like the Sinnoh duo and the third Unova dragon received new formes in the next games, just like the third Sinnoh dragon, so where's my 5th Gen Sinnoh remake? Four anime protagonists in the new series? Gen V ditched Brock just like the Orange Islands saga, yet that didn't mean that the Orange Islands were finally debuting in the games or that we'd have a new set of Gen I remakes. See? Just because there are similarities doesn't mean they're hints at a remake.

If only, the only ACTUAL hint is the "you'll see Hoenn in due time" quote and maybe the married couple.

I know, I'm not saying they're actual solid hints, I just think they're notable references that would be considered to be linked to RS Remakes/Hoenn in some way.

These three are the solid hints, the rest are just coincidences.

I know, I'm not saying they're actual solid hints, I just think they're notable references that would be considered to be linked to RS Remakes/Hoenn in some way.

Those minor references happen all of the time, they don't mean diddly squat when it comes to remakes. We've gotten several references in 5th gen to other regions, but did we get any remakes 5th gen? Not at all.

I hope they make the regional dex for the RS remakes the size of X and Y's.

I don't. I want the region to feel like Hoenn, not a mishmash of all Pokemon like Kalos is. I'd prefer them to keep the non Hoenn Pokemon to the Safari Zones and Battle Frontiers.

I don't. I want the region to feel like Hoenn, not a mishmash of all Pokemon like Kalos is. I'd prefer them to keep the non Hoenn Pokemon to the Safari Zones and Battle Frontiers.

Hoenn already is a mishmash of sorts, only about 60% of the Hoenn Dex are 3rd gen Pokemon, the rest are 1st and 2nd gen. Also, I think the Dex could use a bit of tweaking, there's too few Ice and Dragon Pokemon in the Dex, and it would be nice to have access to some new evolutions. So maybe they could do with a slight increase (I'm thinking a total of 250), but nothing too drastic that ruins the feel of the original.

I am with Hunter Talon, after Pokémon X and Y, any future game with a small regional Pokédex will be quite disappointing. So, I think Ruby and Sapphire remakes should have at least 400 Pokémon available in the wild, including some beautiful Gen VI ones, of course.

Hoenn already is a mishmash of sorts, only about 60% of the Hoenn Dex are 3rd gen Pokemon, the rest are 1st and 2nd gen. Also, I think the Dex could use a bit of tweaking, there's too few Ice and Dragon Pokemon in the Dex, and it would be nice to have access to some new evolutions. So maybe they could do with a slight increase (I'm thinking a total of 250), but nothing too drastic that ruins the feel of the original.

How can you mention lacking types and not bring up Ghost? *laughs at Phoebe*

The remake hint:

9ma4Qjz.jpg

uRwWshh.jpg

i hope that they make another hoenn games, not as a remake of RS, but with a original story after the events of RS, so the (speculated?) timeline of pokemon games doesn't change and we can get a new story

They won't make sequels for 10 year old games. The majority of the fandom are kids that didn't have the chance to play RSE when they were released.

We, adults, that have been playing since Gen I/II/II are the minority.

uhmm... so? im not saying they will make it, i only said i'd like that. a man can dream right? they could use the basic RS plot and have a new plot post game so we have something new in addition to the remaked game, or something like that (i know surely they wont but whatever). after all the worst of RS (for me anyway) was the lack of post game content, so while fixing that they can give a new twist to the plot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom