• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't make sequels for 10 year old games. The majority of the fandom are kids that didn't have the chance to play RSE when they were released.

We, adults, that have been playing since Gen I/II/II are the minority.

They've been considerably Gen I-happy this time around (I refuse to call it pandering, though). What with Mega Evolutions for Kanto Starters and Mewtwo, Pokemon Origins special, etc. Lot of references to things that the target audience doesn't know about/can't appreciate the same way we older fans do. So I wouldn't put it past them to maybe do something that caters to the older crowd as well as the newer crowd.

Plus, I don't see how a sequel couldn't work the same way a remake could. It could be a sequel in the same vein as GSC with references to the prior story, but you don't necessarily need to have played the previous games to understand the new ones. It'd give a completely new experience for the older fans and let the kiddies have a chance to explore Hoenn.

Not saying that this WILL happen. I just think it'd be a good idea and a better alternative to remakes that offers something new for all fans. With GameFreak releasing paired sequels instead of paired third versions for Generation 5, who knows what changes to the main series formula they'll have this time around.

I'm not sure why people would want a sequel for these games... I'd rather see the R/S/E story retold than a randomly added storyline over 10 years later.

I am not against sequels, I just don't see Game Freak making them over remakes. I do prefer remakes though.

I'd prefer just remakes, because I want to play Hoenn the way it was personally. Though I'd love it if they fleshed some of the characters out more. As much as I love RSE, the trainers just felt too bland, personality wise. Especially the extremely forgettable Tower leaders.

what's wrong with a different story? it's not that i don't like the RS story, but there's room in Hoenn for a bigger story than the one we already know. For example a sub-plot with the regis or the eon duo or deoxys or jirachi, or a villanous team with a different plan (i don't know about you, but to me team magma/aqua plan was just dumb). i dont think there's anything wrong in wanting something more than the exact same story once again.

I'd prefer sequels to remakes, just to have a new story for the Hoenn games. Since we haven't seen Hoenn and its characters in so long, it would be interesting to see how they've changed instead of just revisiting everything with prettier pictures and some new features. If we do get remakes though (which I'm not against) I do hope that the characters and environments are more fleshed out (like Rainbow said) because we didn't get to see them expanded upon in the same way all the other characters starting from Gen IV.

At least we all can hold hands in a circle, look up to the heavens, and revel in the fact that (from that extremely blatant hint in XY) we will be seeing our Hoenn friends again very soon.

There's nothing wrong with a new story, and I'm not entirely against the idea. I just feel that an added on sequel to an already finished storyline might feel... forced. It depends entirely on how it's handled.

And I won't lie, seeing Team Aqua/Magma Admins fully characterized like the Team Rocket admins were in HG/SS would be pretty awesome. The same goes for the Gym leaders & Elite Four.

Last edited:
They could do a sequel and then make another four-part special called Pokémon Origins: Ruby and Sapphire to catch the younger kids up on the events in Emerald.

Or release RSE on the virtual console and since the Pokemon are technically still programmed the same way between RSE to XY (I'd assume they are since we can technically still trade Pokemon all the way from Gen III via Gen IV and V games), they could tweak it to have Pokebank/Transporter functionality.

I think RSE sequels would be a good idea...AFTER we get RSEmakes.

I'm not sure why people would want a sequel for these games... I'd rather see the R/S/E story retold than a randomly added storyline over 10 years later.

Sequels can make some larger scale changes, particularly to regional design and storyline. Straight remakes, however, are restricted by some of the things the originals did, it has to keep the same storyline path, and it can't make many changes to the regional design or storyline path.

However in this case, I don't think they're really necessary. Most of the changes I'd want out of a sequel could be done with remakes. The Dex, as I mentioned, could simply add a handful of Pokemon that would help the type diversity and some new evolutions that would make some of the existing Pokemon more usable. Most of the changes to the regional design I'd want (a handful of more areas, redesigns to Mt. Chimney and Mt. Pyre, more post game areas) could be done with a straight remake. And the storyline just needs to be redone with more fleshed out characters and better motivation for the evil teams. The only things that a sequel could really do for Hoenn is add in a bunch of 4th, 5th, and 6th gen Pokemon and having a different storyline path, and while those things would be nice to have, they're not really necessary.

BWALxITIQAAiwUX.jpg

This is where what I want to happen is different to what I think will happen.
We're coming up to the 10 year anniversarys of RSE and FRLG, I think they will remake RSE, but that Origins and the retcon regarding Mega Evos was as far as we're going to get in terms of a FRLG remake.

I really wish they did a FRLG remake based on Origins.

I'd prefer a new game set in Kanto if they're going that route. FR's plot had little direction to it and bored me more than any other. A new story, sequel or not, would be quite welcomed.

So where is the proof that the NPC is referencing Hoenn rather than a mysterious unnamed region? Regardless, the focus is on the facility rather than the region itself.

YamiiDenryuu said:
FR's plot had little direction to it and bored me more than any other. A new story, sequel or not, would be quite welcomed.
I could say the exact same thing about Hoenn.

I don't mind what they'd do - as long as they don't change any of the characters. Maybe they should give Steven a bigger role and let him do more things. My personal wish is that he'd be remembered as the best champion/NPC ever - even more so than Cynthia.

So where is the proof that the NPC is referencing Hoenn rather than a mysterious unnamed region?

That's the thing - there isn't one. It's all very ambiguous until someone can actually get their copy and post more picture evidence.

The leaker just linked it to Hoenn because it mentioned battle facilities and that started the absolutely massive onslaught of 'OMG HOENN CONFIRMED'. There's no evidence yet that he wasn't referring to Sinnoh's battle frontier.

The leaker just linked it to Hoenn because it mentioned battle facilities and that started the absolutely massive onslaught of 'OMG HOENN CONFIRMED'. There's no evidence yet that he wasn't referring to Sinnoh's battle frontier.
The fact that he didn't say anything about the facility suggests to me that it's something we haven't seen yet.

So where is the proof that the NPC is referencing Hoenn rather than a mysterious unnamed region?

That's the thing - there isn't one. It's all very ambiguous until someone can actually get their copy and post more picture evidence.

Or even Johto's Battle Frontier of Unove Battle Subway and PWT

I'd prefer a new game set in Kanto if they're going that route. FR's plot had little direction to it and bored me more than any other. A new story, sequel or not, would be quite welcomed.

You could say the same for most of the games' plots, the only ones that aren't are DPPt and BW.

Or even Johto's Battle Frontier of Unove Battle Subway and PWT

Johto's battle frontier isn't worth mentioning because it's the same as Sinnoh's.

And it looks like there are people who'd rather we skipped Hoenn yet again and get other remakes like the so-called or Sinnoh and let the beautiful tropical region fade away feom everyone's memories... how disappointing. I looked at other sites and my heart nearly broke. Poor Hoenn still getting so much hate that people prefer we never visit Hoenn ever again... They forgot what Hoenn had offered us!!

The abilities, the nature, double battles, berry farming... they were all introduced in Hoenn! Hoenn is where pokemon battles got upgraded to a whole new level and nobody acknowledges that?

*curls up in a corner and cries*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom