• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer a new game set in Kanto if they're going that route. FR's plot had little direction to it and bored me more than any other. A new story, sequel or not, would be quite welcomed.

You could say the same for most of the games' plots, the only ones that aren't are DPPt and BW.

No, most other plots led the player from one location to the next in one way or another, even if the actual story was thin on the ground. I ended up sitting around in Fuchsia wondering if I could take on Koga and Sabrina yet or if there were more randomly positioned Rocket bases whose guards I had to put to sleep by doing something completely unrelated first...

Here's what I think;

Next year in 2014 they will put emphasis on Gold and Silver and reveal the Mega forms of the Johto Starters and maybe have another Pokemon The Origin Special but Gold and Silver instead. Part 1 would be about Ethan and Silver's introduction. Part 2 would focus on the Burned Tower. Part 3 on the Lake of Rage or Radio Tower Take Over. Part 4 would probably feature a mega of Johto legendary or Gold battling Red. They'll have events for Johto legendaries, maybe even something simular the Naval Rock event since it would be unfair for XY to cut out the Johto legendaries. Or there may even be another another Pokemon Spin off game for Wii U which will have an event for Celebi. Or GF finally finds out that VC games actually have wireless function to them and they'll release all the original GB games to VC.

2015 would have focus Hoenn and then Ruby and Sapphire Remakes will be revealed along with Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile and some random Hoenn Legendary Mega. Who knows maybe RSRemakes will feature more new mega pokemon.

2016 will have focus on Sinnoh and reveal the mega forms for Sinnoh Starters, maybe Pokemon Z will have a stronger emphasis on Sinnoh pokemon along with extra references to Platinum. Sinnoh already had a sort of French style to it in my opinion so I'm not sure how much they could change. Of course I can imagine Sinnoh legendaries will be catchable in Pokemon Z regardless because of the supposed two game gap pattern for legendaries they've started.

Early 2017 before Generation 7 is revealed they'll have a small scale emphasis on Unova and the starter mega forms and maybe some mega form for an Unova legendary, personally kind of hoping they don't stuff all the Sinnoh and Unova Legendaries into one game. In the same year the Kalos starters could finally get there own Mega forms exclusive to Pokemon Z.

OR in 2017 Masuda will pull something out of left field, the hidden event legendary messenger squirrel pokemon is revealed as the mascot for a sequel to XYZ which will feature Yggdrasil as an opnipetent tree/location or the final event legendary which could be the secondary mascot. It will feature Unova Legendaries and the Mega Evolution of Unova Pokemon. I can imagine if this is the final game it could have a place like the Shinjo ruins to connect the myths of both regions to allow access to an Unova legendary maybe this game would have access to Unova since it's hinted that the regions are closely related.

Also I expect new Red and Green remakes before 2020 right after Generation 7 is released.

Last edited:
No, most other plots led the player from one location to the next in one way or another, even if the actual story was thin on the ground. I ended up sitting around in Fuchsia wondering if I could take on Koga and Sabrina yet or if there were more randomly positioned Rocket bases whose guards I had to put to sleep by doing something completely unrelated first...

That's not as much a plot issue as it is a design choice that works hand in hand with Kanto's lighter plot.

More in-game hints:
Screen Shot 2013-10-09 at 3.00.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-09 at 3.00.12 PM.png

The leaker over at 4chan also said "Swimmer said he swam all the way over from Hoenn, was skipping over it too quickly and didn't get the pic. I learnt my lesson."

More in-game hints:
View attachment 90714
View attachment 90715

The leaker over at 4chan also said "Swimmer said he swam all the way over from Hoenn, was skipping over it too quickly and didn't get the pic. I learnt my lesson."

That one was already mentioned, and let's be franc, that's not "more hints", but actually the only true hint so far. The rest of them are grasping at straws and stretching things with wild interpretations.

Last edited:
I don't think the one about the person talking about the battle facility back in their region was grasping at straws at all. It's plausible that could have been a hint, but its also plausible it could have been referring to something else. There's really no way to say otherwise since it was quite vague, but it's not really stretching it with a "wild" interpretation to think that the NPC could have been talking about Hoenn. Hardly grasping at straws compared to the amount of straw grasping for Hoenn that happened during B/W and B2W2.

People are just so hell-bent on getting remakes that they focus on every possible reference to Hoenn, while ignoring the references to the other regions.

P0kelegend said:
There's really no way to say otherwise since it was quite vague, but it's not really stretching it with a "wild" interpretation to think that the NPC could have been talking about Hoenn.
It's a stretch to think that a known region would be referred to in such an ambiguous way. This reminds me of people thinking that the region N flew off to was Hoenn.

People are just so hell-bent on getting remakes that they focus on every possible reference to Hoenn, while ignoring the references to the other regions.

P0kelegend said:
There's really no way to say otherwise since it was quite vague, but it's not really stretching it with a "wild" interpretation to think that the NPC could have been talking about Hoenn.
It's a stretch to think that a known region would be referred to in such an ambiguous way. This reminds me of people thinking that the region N flew off to was Hoenn.

Why is that a stretch? If the person mentioned Hoenn and then said "You'll see it in due time" then that would basically be them outright confirming a return to Hoenn at some point soon. They are basically telling us that we will see that facility he is talking about at some point in 'due time', they aren't just going to confirm it as being Hoenn. They obviously wanted that "You'll see it in due time" comment to purposefully be ambiguous.

But I'm not even saying that it is referring to Hoenn, it could potentially be referring to a different/new region. I'm not saying it isn't referring to Hoenn either, because it may very well be. It's hardly grasping at straws. Grasping at straws/stretching would be how people look at every blue/red/green color that happens to appear and somehow twist it into being a hint for a Hoenn remake.

But I'm not even saying that it is referring to Hoenn, it could potentially be referring to a different/new region. I'm not saying it isn't referring to Hoenn either, because it may very well be. It's hardly grasping at straws. Grasping at straws/stretching would be how people look at every blue/red/green color that happens to appear and somehow twist it into being a hint for a Hoenn remake.
The grasping at straws part is the fact that a leaker (apparently a reviewer) paraphrased the reference by inserting Hoenn into it. People actually believed that and thought that a return to Hoenn was essentially confirmed.

Anyway, I think that if Game Freak had wanted to hint at a new facility in Hoenn, they would have done it without adding the "You'll see it in due time" line. I can't think of a single reference where an unnamed region turned out to be a known one.

The grasping at straws part is the fact that a leaker (apparently a reviewer) paraphrased the reference by inserting Hoenn into it. People actually believed that and thought that a return to Hoenn was essentially confirmed.

Anyway, I think that if Game Freak had wanted to hint at a new facility in Hoenn, they would have done it without adding the "You'll see it in due time" line. I can't think of a single reference where an unnamed region turned out to be a known one.

I can understand that. It is definitely too ambiguous to actually claim it as a hint for Hoenn remakes. The other two screenshots I posted above are more valid in that sense. And who knows what other references about an unknown or other past region the leaker could have potentially left out, too.

Someone did mention that there were three references to Sinnoh by the second gym. I have little doubt that the other regions are referenced.

Apparently, the Team Flare climax ends with a view of the world that showcases multiple regions.

Would be nice if we had a sequence in the history of Hoenn, rather than a remake, as with the classic generations I-II and III-IV (remakes of the original games). But i'm not really anxious about it...

On the other hand, the presence of Mewtwo awakens a feeling, an utopic fan wish, that we may see their story better outlined, perhaps through a new visit to Kanto or more direct references.

I hate to be a buzzkill, but I really think the reference to seeing the Battle Frontier soon isn't a Hoenn remake hint, but rather a hint that a Battle Frontier will soon be built in the Kalos region like they were in Sinnoh and Johto. Whether that be in the form of the third version or even as DLC, I think the statement makes more sense interpreted from an in-universe context rather than as a fourth-wall breaking hint. After all, it's you who would be seeing the Frontier if it were a remake hint, while it would be the player character who would be seeing the frontier soon if one were built in Kalos.

To be honest an old couple from the Hoenn region making references to those games isn't really that unusual, after all they are from there. I want Hoenn remakes as much as the next guy, but these "hints" don't really amount to all that much in the appropriate context.

I hate to be a buzzkill, but I really think the reference to seeing the Battle Frontier soon isn't a Hoenn remake hint, but rather a hint that a Battle Frontier will soon be built in the Kalos region like they were in Sinnoh and Johto. Whether that be in the form of the third version or even as DLC, I think the statement makes more sense interpreted from an in-universe context rather than as a fourth-wall breaking hint. After all, it's you who would be seeing the Frontier if it were a remake hint, while it would be the player character who would be seeing the frontier soon if one were built in Kalos.

But the context is specifically advertising another region, so it seems that they're hinting at being able to go to another region. It doesn't specifically mention Hoenn, so that's not absolute proof, but Hoenn is the most likely candidate out of all known regions (it could, of course, also be a new region but I see that as less likely than an existing region). As for "you will see it soon", maybe you're half right and it's both, they could bring back Emerald's Battle Frontier in the RS remakes and then put the same Battle Frontier in Kalos in the next game.

I don't think the one about the person talking about the battle facility back in their region was grasping at straws at all. It's plausible that could have been a hint, but its also plausible it could have been referring to something else. There's really no way to say otherwise since it was quite vague, but it's not really stretching it with a "wild" interpretation to think that the NPC could have been talking about Hoenn. Hardly grasping at straws compared to the amount of straw grasping for Hoenn that happened during B/W and B2W2.

It is grasping a straws because, as you acknowledged by yourself, that statement applies to ANY region, therefore it is not a reference to Hoenn in particular. Deliberately disregarding all the other options with no reason at all is indeed a wild interpretation. It could be Hoenn, but it couldn't be, and taking it as the definitive, conclusive and undisputable evidence that it is Hoenn and only Hoenn and that the mention of Hoenn refers so obviously to a remake (instead of, you know, a simple reference), like many people are assuming, is definitely grasping at straws.

It is grasping a straws because, as you acknowledged by yourself, that statement applies to ANY region, therefore it is not a reference to Hoenn in particular. Deliberately disregarding all the other options with no reason at all is indeed a wild interpretation. It could be Hoenn, but it couldn't be, and taking it as the definitive, conclusive and undisputable evidence that it is Hoenn and only Hoenn and that the mention of Hoenn refers so obviously to a remake (instead of, you know, a simple reference), like many people are assuming, is definitely grasping at straws.

So because a few people completely disregarded it as being anything other than Hoenn, means that everyone who has some sort of belief that it COULD be Hoenn is grasping at straws, too? I'm not sure if you are just referring to me or are referring to others, but I acknowledged that it could be related to anything, but I'm not ruling it out as being related to Hoenn either. I did not take it as "definitive, conclusive and undisputable" evidence. Most people reacted to it that way when they had just heard the text version of it which the leaker claimed the NPC actually mentioned Hoenn by name, when the NPC did not. After seeing the image, it's obviously different.

I agree that it is NOT any solid evidence whatsoever, but just because I believe the NPC COULD be talking about Hoenn is not grasping at straws, whether you'd like to believe that or not.

I am no fan of Gen 3, but it's plainly obvious the remakes will be made.

Gen 3 fans don't listen to the naysayers.

I remember when we were pushing for GS remakes, we had a whole page on the pedia with hints and proof, it was pretty conclusive and over whelming but some people still denied it, said they weren't needed etc, wouldn't be made. Some people won't believe in RSEmakes until they're actually holding the games in their hands ready to put in the 3DS and even then, they'll have doubts!!!

While I personally have no wish to see Hoenn again, I wish those of you who do well, and I know it can be frustrating when people try and pour cold water on your remake hopes, but honestly they're coming, give it 2 maybe 3 years and you'll have them. :)

But the context is specifically advertising another region, so it seems that they're hinting at being able to go to another region. It doesn't specifically mention Hoenn, so that's not absolute proof, but Hoenn is the most likely candidate out of all known regions (it could, of course, also be a new region but I see that as less likely than an existing region). As for "you will see it soon", maybe you're half right and it's both, they could bring back Emerald's Battle Frontier in the RS remakes and then put the same Battle Frontier in Kalos in the next game.

No it isn't, you guys are all so conditioned into thinking every reference to another region is advertising or hints instead of random unrelated events that have their own meaning. The guy doesn't even specify which region he is from, the conversation seems to be more about the facility than the region. I suppose you could also interpret it as the XY protagonist somehow visiting Hoenn, but that doesn't seem all that likely.

One of the common themes of recent games is globalisation, and references to other regions are a dime a dozen in games from recent gens. The thing is, everyone is so hyped that they interpret every reference as a predictor of a game being remade, and don't realise that references to other regions are actually a really poor predictor of a remake being made. More often than not, they simply convey how the Pokemon world is more interconnected than ever before, much the same way the players of our own world are.

Heck, the most reliable predictor that Hoenn remakes may be on the way is the fact that Pokemon has now moved to a new console since the last remake, while the Hoenn games remain popular. That alone carries far more weight than a few throwaway lines of dialogue ever could. If you want remakes (and I do), patience will serve you better than hint goggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom