• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Questions

Leggo

bonsoir je m'appelle lafayette
Reaction score
Hi. I have questions.

Will there the div code tag or an equivalent of it be available to use in posts and signatures again?
I really liked having the option of using div coding to format some thread OPs and my signature (so that it's within the forum limits).

Will the old BMGf smilies make a comeback?

Since BMGf has switched from vBulletin to XenForo, does that mean old BMGf links will not work anymore even if you replace the 'bmgf' bit to 'forums'?
I have tried, but I just get an error message.
I guess this means that I'm no longer able to use my old BMGf bookmarks.

Also, is it possible for people to volunteer to help with making forum skins?
I'm sure that the old BMGf skins are going to be available again, but the older ones seemed outdated in regards to banners not being in good quality and having that jpeg blur.

I can't help with most of your questions, but there is one I've been looking into myself.

Since BMGf has switched from vBulletin to XenForo, does that mean old BMGf links will not work anymore even if you replace the 'bmgf' bit to 'forums'?

The easiest way to see this is to look at new and old versions of the same link. I'm coloring the differences red. Note that the default posts per page has also changed from 15 to 20, so page numbers will likely be wrong. Here's a post in a thread:
Old: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f395/ranger-goddess-knows-your-thoughts-116366/index60.html#post5428503
New: http://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?threads/ranger-goddess-knows-your-thoughts.116366/page-45#post-5428503

You would need to make the following changes:
Replace "bmgf" with "forums"
Replace "f###" (where ### was the number of the subforum it was in) with "index.php?threads"
Replace the "-" between the thread name and number with "."
Replace "indexXX.html" with "page-YY" (where XX is the old page number and YY is the new page number)
Add "-" between "post" and the post number.

A similar examination can be done on other link types to see all the changes, but unfortunately there isn't a simple way to mass-replace a large number of links to all work again. I also have a lot of links in various places that will need to be fixed and I'm not looking forward to doing it.

Hi. I have questions.

Will there the div code tag or an equivalent of it be available to use in posts and signatures again?
I really liked having the option of using div coding to format some thread OPs and my signature (so that it's within the forum limits).
Which tags did you want to see make a comeback? Some of them won't be possible to safely create on XenForo, but others can probably make a comeback sometime soon.

Will the old BMGf smilies make a comeback
Which BMGf smilies did you want to see make a comeback? Many of them probably will, but it's a bit of a tedious process. We had 840 of the things!

We will be implementing a friendlier URL structure here on the XenForo in the near future, but even then you'll still not just be able to replace bmgf with forums sorry. For now, @Ash K.'s guide there is perfect.

Also, is it possible for people to volunteer to help with making forum skins?
I'm sure that the old BMGf skins are going to be available again, but the older ones seemed outdated in regards to banners not being in good quality and having that jpeg blur.
Depends what you mean by making skins. If you mean contributing art assets, yes. We'll probably put a call out around Christmas, maybe even make it part of a contest. But the actual coding of them has to be left to staff, since it requires Admin panel access.

Which tags did you want to see make a comeback? Some of them won't be possible to safely create on XenForo, but others can probably make a comeback sometime soon.
If possible, I want the div tag to come back as it allowed use of html coding, so users could use it to customize their posts and signatures (especially to comply with signature limits).
Which BMGf smilies did you want to see make a comeback? Many of them probably will, but it's a bit of a tedious process. We had 840 of the things!
I'm okay with all them coming back; mainly the Pokémon and Pokémon anime character smilies.

Will the automatic pokemon linking return?
Which linked to Bulbapedia? Eventually, yes. We did that with a rather complex addon on the previous forums, and there's no addons which can do that on XenForo as of yet.

What does and what does not count towards post count?
Everything outside of Fun & Games and its subforums counts.

If possible, I want the div tag to come back as it allowed use of html coding, so users could use it to customize their posts and signatures (especially to comply with signature limits).
I'll see what I can do.

I'm okay with all them coming back; mainly the Pokémon and Pokémon anime character smilies.
Any priorities? It'll be a long tedious process, and we've got things we need to focus on for now.

Any priorities? It'll be a long tedious process, and we've got things we need to focus on for now.
The Unown and first set of Pokémon smilies. I understand.

The basic faces would be really handy! The new smilies just don't express the same feeling their equivalents did. (Also I really miss :banana: but I appreciate I may have to wait for him to return...)

I also wanted to ask what the reasoning was behind the anime and manga forums being merged. Not that I mind - I'm just curious.

3. What size are the avatar limits here? I don't know if it's just my browser (or Windows 10 with its effed up graphics) but the avatar sizing is different from what we had in vBulletin.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom