• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: This Thread Is A Cursed Mall Area with Tables

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
5fHwO9F.gif

What exactly is it that you do? You've mentioned an office but you also said something about a white shirt getting dirty in your line of work.
I’m a mechanical engineer (my username is a pun off my actual IRL job). I work in the automation and robotics industry, so a lot of times I’m wrist deep or elbow deep in robot guts.

I work out of an office because the office is where all of my testing equipment is. I specialize in sizing and moment load calculations, and the testing equipment helps me run physical simulations and/or prototypes of new applications.

A lot of what I worked on in March - June 2020 was medical related. Customers looking to use our products in their manufacturing lines to produce: PPE (mostly mask production), ventilators (Ford and GM needed a little assistance converting some of their manufacturing lines over for ventilator production), disinfectants, and COVID tests.

A little of what I was doing this year was working with J&J in their packaging department, making sure that, once their vaccine was FDA approved, they’d be able to package and distribute their vaccine immediately.

Most of what I do the majority of the time is in other fields. Automotive, semi-conductors, production of electronics, etc.

I’m a mechanical engineer (my username is a pun off my actual IRL job). I work in the automation and robotics industry, so a lot of times I’m wrist deep or elbow deep in robot guts.

I work out of an office because the office is where all of my testing equipment is. I specialize in sizing and moment load calculations, and the testing equipment helps me run physical simulations and/or prototypes of new applications.

A lot of what I worked on in March - June 2020 was medical related. Customers looking to use our products in their manufacturing lines to produce: PPE (mostly mask production), ventilators (Ford and GM needed a little assistance converting some of their manufacturing lines over for ventilator production), disinfectants, and COVID tests.

A little of what I was doing this year was working with J&J in their packaging department, making sure that, once their vaccine was FDA approved, they’d be able to package and distribute their vaccine immediately.

Most of what I do the majority of the time is in other fields. Automotive, semi-conductors, production of electronics, etc.
That sounds like a freaking awesome job.

That sounds like a freaking awesome job.
It’s a lot of math, but I do get to go to trade shows, get free beer, and check out some of the latest and greatest technologies in the A&R industry. I went to one last week, and I’ll be going to another next week.

that’s why this week was so busy at work. It’s the only week this month that I’m in the office.

It’s a lot of math, but I do get to go to trade shows, get free beer, and check out some of the latest and greatest technologies in the A&R industry. I went to one last week, and I’ll be going to another next week.

that’s why this week was so busy at work. It’s the only week this month that I’m in the office.
Well I love hearing about people's jobs, and physical working jobs especially.

Back
Top Bottom