• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Randomly created gyms

Alexg23

#TeamScorbunny
Reaction score
This thread is based off of this thread, which in turn is based off this.

As you may have guessed from the title, this thread is about creating Pokemon gyms via RNG.

1.) Go to random.org and generate a number between 2 and 6. This is the number of Pokemon you're allowed to use in your gym battles.

2.) Still on random.org, generate a number between 0 to 18. This will be the type of your gym.

0 = choose your own type.
1 = Bug
2 = Dark
3 = Dragon
4 = Electric
5 = Fairy
6 = Fighting
7 = Fire
8 = Flying
9 = Ghost
10 = Grass
11 = Ground
12 = Ice
13 = Normal
14 = Poison
15 = Psychic
16 = Rock
17 = Steel
18 = Water

3.) Go to www.wyncorporation.com/pokemon and generate your Pokemon team, keeping in mind how many Pokemon you're allowed to use in your gym battles and the gym's type specialty. Exclude legendaries but include NFE (Not Fully Evolved). This is your team. When the box says "yes", it doesn't mean "yes I want to exclude them" it means "yes I want them".

(Everything past this is optional, but apparently everyone here adds this stuff anyway, so...)

4.) Describe your gym. Does it have riddles, challenges, and/or puzzles?

5.) Open Windows Media Player/iTunes/VLC, etc. Play random music. The first one is your Gym Battle Theme.

6.) Quotes. What do you say "before the battle/rematch," "after the first non-KO hit," "after sending out the final Pokemon," "when defeated," and "after being defeated"? Do the same for rematch battles.

7.) Rematch. Generate another team. This time you're allowed to have 6 Pokemon but exclude both legendaries and NFE.

My gym:

Type: Dragon
Pokemon: Dratini, Goomy, Fraxure, Altaria
Rematch Pokemon: Salamence, Dragalge, Garchomp, Goodra, Kingdra, Mega Ampharos

Last edited:
That's what I got:

Type: Water
Team: Feebas (lol), Mega Blastoise, Pelipper, Samurott
Rematch team: Milotic, Walrein, Swampert, Kingler, Simipour, Swanna

Number of Pokemon: 6
Type: 0, So I'm choosing Fighting
Team: Pignite, Monferno, Mankey, Lucario, Machop, and Makuhita
Rematch Team: Gallade, Poliwrath, Sawk, Machamp, M-Heracross, Chesnaught
Music: Clubbed to Death - Escala (I used my IPod on shuffle for this part.)

Pokémon Number: 6
Type: Psychic
Pokémon: Wynaut, Alakazam (Mega), Grumpig, Swoobat, Exeggutor, Mr. Mime

My gym has hidden spots that teleport you around the gym, or sometimes back to the exit. They always lead to different spots so it's really hard to backtrack.

"You wish to test your mind? Your mind cannot compete against mine."
"The minds of my Pokémon won't be so easily defeated.
"This last Pokémon is the strongest of all mine. You shan't defeat it easily."
"Your are powerful indeed. You deserve my badge."

Rematch team: Slowking, Malamar, Medicham (Mega), Alakazam, Delphox, Slowbro

Type: Ice
Pokemon: Froslass, Glalie, Snover, Smoochum, & Sealeo
Rematch Team: Dewgong, Weavile, Mamoswine, Jynx, & Mega Abomasnow

My theme is ski lodge-esque building that's situated on top of a snowy mountain challengers must climb up to battle. Music, while not randomly generated, would be a playlist of Christmas tunes.

damn i really want to run this gym now

Pokemon: Froslass, Glalie, Snover, Smoochum, & Sealeo
Rematch Team: Dewgong, Weavile, Mamoswine, Jynx, & Mega Abomasnow

My theme is ski lodge-esque building that's situated on top of a snowy mountain challengers must climb up to battle. Music, while not randomly generated, would be a playlist of Christmas tunes.

damn i really want to run this gym now

Hey I'm also ice type!

I have Sneasel/Cubchoo/Swinub/Aurorus (Rematch of Abomasnow/Abomasnow-mega/Beartic/Lapras/Walrein/Aurorus) and I'll give the Sitrus Berry and extra levels to Aurorus because I like fossil pokemon and he's on both teams!

I'm going to pretend there are 2 mountain peaks and our gyms face each other as we compete to see who is the real ice gym leader

EDIT: I made a terrible drawing of us Imgur

Last edited:
Number of Pokemon: 3
Type: Fire(yusss)
Team: Growlithe, Infernape, Rapidash

Fire

Mega Charzard Y
Torkaol
Pyroaor
Blaziken
Darmanitan
Magmortar

Even tho I had legendaries turned off I had to generate a few times as Ho-Oh and Heatran kept turning up

1.)Number of Pokemon: 5

2.)Type: 17 (Steel)

3.)Pokemon: Lucario , Excavalier, Mawile , Klingklang , Empoleon

4.)Gym: It'd have to be medieval themed. People wearing full suits of armor and everything. As for puzzles or tricks, I'd love to have it so anyone wishing to challenge me first had to complete an obnoxiously long and monotonous quest to gain access to my throne room (Go talk to Person A, get item X, take item X to location G, use info from location G to find Opponent B, you know the deal). But on the off-chance that this ended up being too much to fit Pokemon League regulations, I'd then as a backup idea have it so that instead of puzzles and the like, it's just an oldschool one-loss elimination tournament to earn the privilege of talking to the king. AKA I'd be as evil as hell.

Basically, just imagine if Wikstrom had ended up becoming a Gym Leader instead of an Elite Four member. Whatever images enter your mind are probably close to what my gym would end up being.

5.) Music: S.S.H. - Travel Demon (hit random on my phone and got a surprisingly perfect song, though I think this would be a better song to use for battling me than just having on a loop in the Gym itself.)

6.) Quotes: (Before Battle) "You wish to challenge the king of this domain? Only the brave and the foolish would dare challenge royalty. Very well...have at thee!"
(After First Non-KO Hit) "A fair blow! Perhaps you're not a fool after all!"
(After Sending Out Final Pokemon) "You may be strong, but I'm not giving up my crown just yet!"
(Victory) "You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?"
(When Defeated) "What sorcery is this? I have been usurped?!"
(After Being Defeated) "You are much more powerful than I thought. But it's dangerous to go alone. Take this!" (*hands trainer a Badge*)

7.) Rematch Team: Ferrothorn , Aegislash , Metagross , Mega-Lucario , Bisharp , Magnezone

Last edited:

Fire

Mega Charzard Y
Torkaol
Pyroaor
Blaziken
Darmanitan
Magmortar

Even tho I had legendaries turned off I had to generate a few times as Ho-Oh and Heatran kept turning up

The site was glitched for me. Legendaries only appeared when I turned them off, but didn't appear when I turned them on. Same for NFE Pokémon. Maybe the same happened to you?

Fire

Mega Charzard Y
Torkaol
Pyroaor
Blaziken
Darmanitan
Magmortar

The site was glitched for me. Legendaries only appeared when I turned them off, but didn't appear when I turned them on. Same for NFE Pokémon. Maybe the same happened to you?

Yeah that's what I was thinking

Fire

Mega Charzard Y
Torkaol
Pyroaor
Blaziken
Darmanitan
Magmortar

It's not gliched, it's just the wording makes it confusing. When the box says "yes", it doesn't mean "yes I want to exclude them" it means "yes I want them".

Number of Pokémon: 2
Type: Steel (Yay!)
Team: Bronzong, Metang
Rematch Team: Bronzong, Bisharp, Skarmory, Scizor, Lucario, Probopass
Gym Puzzle: Think of the Poké Ball Factory on steroids
Battle Theme: I didn't have anything for random, so I chose the Borderlands 2 Fink's Slaughterhouse Combat theme. Pretty catchy, and Bandits tend to use lots of metal in their stuff.
Quotes: Before Battle: "Welcome, Challenger. I am the Metal Ace, Blade. Let's get to the battle, shall we?"
First non-KO hit: "So, a well-placed hit."
Sending out Bronzong (I'm leading with Metang): "Okay, I seem to be in a bit of a jam..."
Defeated: "Wow. Just, Wow."
After defeat: "You are stronger than I. You have earned the Anvil Badge! Also, Take this TM91. It contains Flash Cannon."
Rematch:(All are the same, except for post-defeat)
Post-defeat: "You win again."

1) 4

2) 5-Fairy(yasssss)

3) Gardevoir(MEGA), Azumarill, Klefki, & Slurpuff

4) Riddles based puzzle (Pan's Labyrinth kinda setup)

5) Beyonce FLAWESS JERSEY CLUB REMIX

6) a- From far, from near, you have made it my way! But alas in defeat, you leave today! But enough of this rhyming wouldn't you say? Come and let's battle! For it is time to play! For I am Obero, the Fairy Knight!
b- It looks like your serious, I believe that you're tough...but it get ready for this it's about to get rough!
c- Alas the last has come to the floor! But you've only seen a fraction of what I have in store! (mega evolves Gardevoir)
d- Oh no, alas I've been met with defeat! But oh what a honor was it for us to meet!
e- Whew! Congratulations on that battle! You were an outstanding challenger! I now present you with the Gilded Badge and TM 107, Ballad.

7) Gardevoir(MEGA), Florges, Mawile, Azumarill, Sylveon, & Dedenne
a- You've returned for a rematch for a battle to partake? You better be ready because I have been raising the stakes!
b- Haha! Can you feel the rush of the fight! This truly amazing, a wonderful sight!
c- I see you're still as good as before! So welcome back the star to the floor! (mega evolves Gardevoir)
d- Again to be met in defeat, its so vexing! You're power and skill still so perplexing!
e- You've still got it my friend! Never give up the passion you have as a trainer!

Last edited:
No. of Pokemon: 4

Type: Ground

Initial Battle: Swampert, Golurk, Nidoking, Golem

Gym Layout: It'd resemble a professional wrestling show... pretty odd for a Ground-type Gym, actually.

Battle Theme: The Takedown by Yellowcard

Quotes:
Before battle: Yo, what's up? Hope this place ain't knocked ya teeth in yet, 'cause my Ground-types hold nothing back! Get ready for some ruthless aggression!
After first hit: Ah, found a way to get some early offense in, did ya?
Down to last Pokemon: Alright... time to overcome the odds.
Last Pokemon on critical health: Ah, ya might as well hit your finisher.
Upon losing: Hey, man... pin me, pay me.
After loss: ...Jeezus! I gotta say, I didn't expect such an awesome battle for you! That was an instant five-star classic! Hey, congratulations, ya won the Hardcore Badge! And before ya go, take this... it's TM26! Earthquake! It's the definitive Ground-type move! Just remember, don't use this on anything that flies. Anyway, here's hoping you can go far in the League! You'll get your push soon, I can feel it!
Upon winning: I didn't screw [player name], oh no. [player name] screwed [player name].

Rematch Team: Golurk, Rhyperior, Nidoking, Marowak, Mamoswine, (MEGA) Garchomp

A Flying gym with 5 Pokémon.

Golbat, Swellow, Ledyba, Mantyke, and Braviary.

Gym layout: It's a spaceship on the ground with a heavy emphasis on AMERICA!

Rematch team: Gliscor, Ledian, Braviary (again), Saraptor, Pelliper, Tropius

Last edited:
1) Amount: 3
2) Type: Electric(4)
3) Team: Shinx, Lanturn, Magnemite
4) It looks like I would be a pretty early gym. Considering this, I wouldn't be especially tricky. I decided that when you walk in there'd be a big computer screen. By going behind it, you can beat gym trainers in order to turn on switches, activating more circuits of the computer. When this is done the screen would light up and show me, before a small hatch opens in the ground and I come out.
5) no way to do this for me
6) Before battle/rematch- "Get ready to fight someone with the mind of a computer!"
After the first non-KO hit- "Not bad but you need to have a better strategy then that to beat me."
Sending out last Pokemon- "It appears I may have forgot to carry a zero somewhere. Hopefully this isn't too serious."
When defeated- "Odd. My calculations proved incorrect."
After being defeated- "I suppose true strength like yours can take down a human computer."
Non-KO hit rematch- "I see you beat the champion. The human calculator doesn't have to hold back now!"
Sending out last rematch- "What an odd circumstance."
When defeated rematch- "What? How?"
After being defeated rematch- "It appears you trump me every time. How odd."
7) Rematch Team: Electrivire
Ampharos
Jolteon
Elektross
Luxray
Mega-Manectric

Can I say I'm so happy with this :D

No. of Pokemon: 3
Type: Water
Pokemon: Basculin, Relicanth, Wartortle
Rematch: Ludicolo, (Mega) Gyarados, Swanna, Swampert, Starmie, Crawdaunt
My gym would include puzzles. Never thought about having a water gym... I'd probably have something akin to an oversized cabana hut.

Geez, I'm probably one of those gyms you'd fight mid-game. Though that's not a bad spread. I like it.

NEW Gym
No. of Pokémon: 6
Team(Initial): Swinub, Vanillite, Vanillish, Cryogonal, Delibird, Lapras
Team (Rematch): Abomasnow, Froslass, Jynx, Dewgong., Walrein, Lapras
Puzzles: Pryce's HGSS Gym on crack
Quotes:
Pre-Battle (Initial): Welcome to my new gym in the Arctic Arena. My name is Shane, and I'm currently using the Ice Type. These Pokémon are fragile, but have good type coverage. How will you do against them?
Pre-Battle (Rematch): So you want to try and stop my Icy chills again? BRING IT!
First non-KO Hit: Nice shot! I felt that as a chill up my spine!
Last Pokémon sent out: Looks like I am almost out of Pokémon. Time for me to remain cool.
Defeated: Your strategy was absolute zero! I melted due to that strategy.
Post-Battle(Initial): That was CHILL! You gotta have this badge! The Chill Badge! Also take this TM. TM13: Ice Beam.
Post-Battle (Rematch): Your Icy strategy never lets me down.
Music: idk how to shuffle YT Playlists, so I'll use M.R. from the action Platformer Rabi-Ribi (This song is from the late-game boss fight against Miru)

Notes: In the rematch, Lapras is holding a Sitrus Berry.

Last edited:
1.) 4

2.) 0, choosing Ghost.

3.) Cofagrigus, Lampent, Rotom, Gengar

4.) Taking a haunted house theme, this gym starts in a large main hallway and initially appears to be a straight path towards me with no trainers along the way, reminiscent of the Olivine Gym in GSC. However, the bluish white flames normally floating behind me will cluster together and block the player's path when they're one space away and follow their movements across all eight cardinal directions, effectively creating an omnidirectional barrier in front of me. To remove the flames, the player must go up a flight of stairs into a twisting corridor and fight past trainers hiding behind either corners or trick walls to reach more stairs. Now above the initial hallway, a bucket of water rests next to a grate. Walking into the bucket causes it to fall over and pour the water down through the grate to put the flames out (and drench me, by the way). A trapdoor in this same room provides quick one-way transport back down to the hallway. The flames and bucket are reset upon leaving and reentering the gym.

5.) I might put something on later.

6.) Before battle (initial): The challenger...? I'm the leader here. You may have doused my flames but you shan't douse my spirit.
Before battle (rematch): I could tell from the deluge of water that your abilities have heightened... I'll see just how much.
First non-KO hit (initial): Not scared...? Then I'll just have to turn this up a notch.
First non-KO hit (rematch): I see that your courage hasn't been spirited away.
Sending out Gengar if not the last Pokémon (initial): This spectre has snuffed out many challenge attempts. Let's scry for your limits...
Sending out Gengar if not the last Pokémon (rematch): We haven't been sitting around since you two were first acquainted, I assure you...
Sending out last Pokémon (initial): My last Pokémon...? My last stand then.
Sending out last Pokémon (rematch): This soul shall be triumphant today.
Last Pokémon at low health (initial): Are we nearing the conclusion...?
Last Pokémon at low health (rematch): Your conviction will become our fuel...
Being defeated (initial): Oh my... Your spirit is blinding, as is your talent.
Being defeated (rematch): In a way, this result deeply pleases me...
Defeating the player (initial): A passable effort, but not enough. The spirits of this gym cannot be quashed by those methods.
Defeating the player (rematch): It appears that the water was telling an untruth. You must bring out more of your convictions next time.
After being defeated (initial): A remarkable display. I may have fallen here but seeing a trainer such as yourself is something I can take solace in. Please take this gym badge and the associated recollections as memorabilia of our exchange today. *gives the badge* I also leave this TM in your care. *gives TM61* That Technical Machine contains Will-O-Wisp, a move commonly used by those Pokémon of the Fire and Ghost types. It sends spectral flames that burn those hit.
When spoken to again after initial defeat: Don't forget the courage you displayed to us here in this gym. It shall serve you well in future endeavors...
After being defeated (rematch): A mesmerising spectacle. Your stalwart fortitude was... Ahhh-choo! ...once again on full display.

7.) Cofagrigus, Mismagius, Trevenant, Spiritomb, Chandelure, Gengar (Mega)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom