• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shippers' Paradise General Chat Thread

OH that's so real bc i HARD-ship bea and korrina and it was kind of in the middle ground between "could totally happen" and "crackship" so im gonna steal "plausible ship" if that's okay ^^;
you get a catz gold star of approval (trademark pendinf), god I love these two, such an underrated ship to me bruhhh

Hello Orchid,
Thanks for fulfilling my request by making this thread.
All these pictures look really good, I am wishing you good luck with your amvs, it seems like a difficult thing to do.

My favorite fanfiction that was abandoned in 2014 is getting rewritten so I'm very happy.

I wonder how artists who draw shipping pictures come up with ideas for their poses.

I wonder how artists who draw shipping pictures come up with ideas for their poses.
personally i usually look at pinterest or there are some accounts on twitter that post poses/compositions that people are allowed to either trace/use it as a base or reference (whether or not tracing is allowed can depend on the specific persons terms however) but sometimes i dunno it just comes to mind randomly? ive also been known to reference poses from random things like idol game cards

following suit from orchid and i'll also take a crack at doing the "give me six ships to draw" template except with a twist...nevermet edition! (basically meaning the characters cant have canonically met in any form of pokemon media including masters. and this would also entail the anime and manga but i personally havent watched/read all of those so i kinda have to take your word for it)

might take me a while to get round to though since im doing this template as well in my friend group except with the twist being its all shielbert ships just bc i think its a silly little template thats good for a warmup

following suit from orchid and i'll also take a crack at doing the "give me six ships to draw" template except with a twist...nevermet edition! (basically meaning the characters cant have canonically met in any form of pokemon media including masters. and this would also entail the anime and manga but i personally havent watched/read all of those so i kinda have to take your word for it)

might take me a while to get round to though since im doing this template as well in my friend group except with the twist being its all shielbert ships just bc i think its a silly little template thats good for a warmup
see, my problem is that i have absolutely no knowledge about masters (and my manga knowledge isn't much better), so i'm gonna have to just hope for the best (and lmk, i guess, if i'm wrong?). some of my top never-met anime/game ships are misty/serena and lisia/zinnia, but since i've no idea if that's held true in the aforementioned mediums....i think my strategy here is going to be to pick a gen 9 ship, so hopefully it's still too new for the manga or masters to have gotten very far in possibly having them interact, so my final answer is sada/raifort! (so let's just cross our fingers that my theory is true XD)

edit: and just to give myself a safety net, i'll tack on kieran/allister and atticus/kiawe as additional options, in case i'm wrong about the other ships i've listed above XD

Last edited:
see, my problem is that i have absolutely no knowledge about masters (and my manga knowledge isn't much better), so i'm gonna have to just hope for the best (and lmk, i guess, if i'm wrong?). some of my top never-met anime/game ships are misty/serena and lisia/zinnia, but since i've no idea if that's held true in the aforementioned mediums....i think my strategy here is going to be to pick a gen 9 ship, so hopefully it's still too new for the manga or masters to have gotten very far in possibly having them interact, so my final answer is sada/raifort! (so let's just cross our fingers that my theory is true XD)

edit: and just to give myself a safety net, i'll tack on kieran/allister and atticus/kiawe as additional options, in case i'm wrong about the other ships i've listed above XD
as far as i know i dont think any of these have interacted to be fair or at least nothing significant that i remember; tbf i'll probably either go with sada/raifort or just spin a wheel to pick one

good to know. lisia/zinnia and sada/raifort were making me nervous, bc they have...idk, proximity to each other in canon? to where it felt like it was entirely possible that lisia/zinnia, say, could've had a little interaction in the manga or something; the sv professor does, iirc, have an office at the school even tho it's been like 10 years since they were there, and raifort doesn't give us any indication how long she's been teaching at the school (and she does mention the professor in her history lectures, but as briefly as possible bc she doesn't like recent history, and it's not in a way that indicates they've actually met or anything (also i played violet, so while i'd assume the dialogue only changes to just swap the professor's names, i guess i don't know for absolute certainty if she says anything different about sada than turo)), but there's at least a couple degrees of separation there, you know? so i wasn't sure if that kinda thing technically toes the line of never-met ships, so i panicked a bit and threw in cross-gen ships where it felt more impossible for there to be any connection between them, especially since kieran is a dlc character and so has had the least time of all to be featured in anything XD

Head in hands. kofu/wulfric (this was an incredibly easy choice for me i am ceo of that ship)

It's hard to explain, but as for me, I kinda just improvise all my poses off the top of my head. I don't remember the last time I looked at a reference hahah.
I guess it mostly depends on the characters' personalities and the dynamic between them? I try to imagine how they would be likely to interact with each other, and then come up with one from there, figuring out the composition of the picture as I go.

oh that's a fun idea! Though the existence of Masters now must make that pretty difficult lol.
If I may... my favorite nevermet is Duplica/Todd Snap, but since those are both anime-exclusive characters I don't know if that's something totally up your alley. In which case, my backup suggestion would be either Nate/Curtis or Rosa/Yancy. Up to you! :bulbaCute:

I've been mulling over a ship #3 to maybe add to my short list, saw this, got curious if that ship was a nevermet...and it turns out it technically is? Despite the characters being from the same game??? (Only possible point of contact is the manga (half the pair isn't in Masters), but as far as I can tell it never happened there either.)
Anyway, the pair is Dulse (USUM) x Kahili (SM, USUM), if you wanna use it.

(Also, I...think I might have invented this? I finally got smart and copy-pasted the ship list into Word to do a word instance search for character names, and this pair doesn't seem to be there. I've been calling it Wormhole-in-OneShipping in my head because golf pun.)

i cant NOT mention katy x guzma

Back
Top Bottom