• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shippers' Paradise General Chat Thread

update on the poll: i put forward the two names that weren't already used by other ships on the list just to avoid confusion, and so far candyappleshipping seems to be generally preferred (though, there aren't many votes yet and there's still a while left of the poll)

it is probably worth noting that candyappleshipping was also suggested for kieran x florian, but ultimately was beaten out by tealmaskshipping which seems to have picked up significantly more traction in usage for that ship than candyappleshipping did (e.g. i could only rly find 1 or 2 posts outside of a poll to decide the kieran x florian ship name that used candyapple for them). i run a pokemon rarepair account on twitter so i'll share the poll i'm running there as well so it's more likely to reach more people.

candyapple is a cuter name, but ogreshipping has the benefit of kinda evoking some of the darkness of kieran's character arc. but i think i'm gonna stay out of it, bc i'm not really a shipper of the juliana version of this ship (i guess i should edit my post to add tealmask to the names of my ships earlier in the thread, huh?) btw, how do you guys find out what ship names are in use? like, what key phrases do you use in google? bc my attempts to find out SV ship names have not been very successful XD

usually i search a bit on tumblr to find potential options then search the names of those potential options to see if any of them caught on...it's not foolproof but it tends to bring more results for me;

ariana x giovanni (silver's blood parents, though lance ends up adopting him. ariana is also mars's aunt.)
Funny, I like this family dynamic. Also, not shipping-related, but I like Mars and Maylene as sisters... And given how I headcanon half of the Gym Leaders as related by blood, that means Mars is related to said Gym Leaders in one way or another :lapras:

Has Colza/Arezu got around some sites or not ? Ever since that one time I checked Tumblr and got cursed results, I'm scared to go there again ><

Trying to find what new ship names have caught on is way harder than it should be, somehow; it seems like everything goes by several different names or no name at all lol. Back when Journeys first started, there were always like twenty conflicting names for pairings emerging all at once... it's been four years now and I still don't always know which ones are the most commonly used. :p

I guess it's always been that way to some degree (if you go back far enough in this forum you can see people deciding on names from as early as AG and DP, and even the big ones that we just take for granted these days were sometimes called other things back then!) — but in the age of social media you'd think it'd be easier to at least find out which ones people are using, wouldn't it...? Most of the time I really struggle to find any results just from searching. Tumblr's tag system sometimes helps, but not always — a lot of people there tend to just use the clipped compound format, especially for newer ships, so I hit a dead end more often than not. And I don't use Twitter, so anything that crops up over there is pretty much invisible to me unless it spreads to other platforms.
I think the shipping scene being fragmented between so many sites and servers and stuff these days has put things in a little bit of an awkward spot, where it's difficult to find new names unless you're already near the initial circle where it came from. :hmm:

Gary x Clemont (this spawned from a joke pokefic series i made but its unironically one of my favs now;; idk if theres another name for it i only know of this one bc it picked up usage bc of my series)
This was a few pages ago already, so I'm sorry but... that was YOU?? You made that series?!? I'm starstruck right now, this fanbase feels so small sometimes :'D

This was a few pages ago already, so I'm sorry but... that was YOU?? You made that series?!? I'm starstruck right now, this fanbase feels so small sometimes :'D
AHSDHF YEAH... i still occasionally make new episodes but its on and off bc i kinda keep losing motivation but its fun bc i get to push my super niche ships in a silly jokey thing

a lot of people there tend to just use the clipped compound format, especially for newer ships, so I hit a dead end more often than not.
Eh, I mean I get why they do that, the names they use are usually the same as the ones used in the Japanese fandom which I guess probably makes it easier for cross-language communication and searching? But it's a lot less fun (and a lot less personal-feeling, too...) than the [name]Shipping ones.

I feel that. Did you know that it's just Yugioh and Pokémon that does the ship names? Other fandoms just do the combined names. With Sonic it's especially weird, like sorry I can't take "Shadouge" seriously when I say it out loud hssjbehrkwudyr

On that subject, does anyone have a crossover ship of sorts ? I do have at least two, but I want to hear everyone first lmao
I will not explain the context, but. Barney/Wallace (the barney from how i met your mother or barney and friends? yes.)

I guess more seriously... I don't have a lot for Pokémon, but I was a huge Smash Bros fan, so:

Palutena/Bayonetta
Joker/Peach
Corrin/Cloud

I feel that. Did you know that it's just Yugioh and Pokémon that does the ship names? Other fandoms just do the combined names. With Sonic it's especially weird, like sorry I can't take "Shadouge" seriously when I say it out loud hssjbehrkwudyr
I didn't even know Yugioh did names like that actually, I thought it was just Pokemon...

Palutena/Bayonetta
Corrin/Cloud
THESE ARE SO FRGYHUJKHJGHKULVING REAL
i have a really weird ssbu au and the premise is "what if palutena and bayonetta were gfs who got turned against each other because of a misunderstanding" though most of the plot is three characters who have absolutely nothing to do with either of them lol

Okay fiiiiine here's the rest of my list so I can just get it out there (do note that these are only the ones I'm actually able to think of right now and there are probably some I'm missing):

Hardenshipping (ArchiexMaxie)
ColdCoffeeshipping (PaulxBarry)
Respectshipping (AshxDrew)
Negaishipping (AshxIris)
Comashipping (AshxPaul)
Collideshipping (AshxBarry)
Kokoshipping (ButchxJames)
Yamushipping (CassidyxJessie)
BrassiusxHassel
DualRivalshipping (CherenxBianca)
AlphaFemaleshipping (CourtneyxShelly)
SapphirePearlshipping (DawnxMay)
Annemaeshipping (DawnxIris)
Airplaneshipping (ElesaxSkyla)
Ignitionshipping (FlintxVolkner)
GothGfshipping (GloriaxMarnie)
Questshipping (JimmyxMarina)
SoulSilvershipping (SilverxLyra)
WaterWarriorshipping (MistyxLana)
Sacredshipping (MortyxEusine)
Conjunctionshipping (SaturnxMars)
Sinfulshipping (JupiterxMars)
DendraxMiriam
Diodeshipping (AshxClemont)
FirstFriendshipping (AshxGoh)
Twinleafshipping (BarryxDawn)
Shiroshipping (BiancaxHilda)
Opticshipping (BrockxCilan)
SourGrapesshipping (BurgundyxGeorgia)
Kuroshipping (CherenxHilbert)
Chessshipping (HilbertxHilda)
Stockingsshipping (DawnxLyra)
Scientificshipping (JuniperxFennel)
CuteBonesshipping (GladionxHau)
Takenshipping (HapuxLillie)
GreySkyshipping (HughxNate)
Bustershipping (IrisxGeorgia)
AquariumPlantshipping (MallowxLana)
Fondantshipping (SerenaxMiette)

I'm so embarrassed by how long this is and it's probably not even complete!! Shipping brainrot why

Yess fennel and juniper right

And I’m sorry but I made a thing and I won’t shut up about it so I’m putting it here (it’s sort of boutiqueshipping I guess?)

trim.582BCCA0-EEFE-40C6-B4E2-44FAA1AB5C15.gif

No actual audio cause I had to export it as a gif to put it here, but the lyrics are from the song wonderland by Taylor swift!! I put effort into this so I hope you enjoyed it! Tell me if I need to Tw anything else! (I’m sorry I love how this turned out so much)

My brain cursed me with the thought of N x Ingo out of nowhere, and so i'm cursing all of you with this thought
sssssshhhhh don't let the tumblr users hear this
(honestly judging by how fucking popular the two are i bet this actually exists and has dedicated fans...)

sssssshhhhh don't let the tumblr users hear this
(honestly judging by how fucking popular the two are i bet this actually exists and has dedicated fans...)
Me a Tumblr user:
(Bro but in all seriousness, these two are rotating around in my head like a soup in the microwave)

Back
Top Bottom