• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shippers' Paradise General Chat Thread

i mean, do they directly interact in canon? i'm fairly sure the definition of "crackship" back in ye olden days was just "characters who don't interact with each other on-screen". though i guess in the case of pokemon, that'd make the majority of ships that don't include the protag crackships... the definition shifting to "characters from different sources/from different installments in a single series" was definitely for the best lol.
In the opening to johto journeys when ash sees all the gym leaders on the rocks Whitney and Bugsy are next to each other that should count dhshsyihxgs

But yeah shipping was so different back then, especially if you weren't shipping protags. I'm talking like 2010-2014 era.

I mean, I personally wouldn't count that as true interaction, but your mileage varies I guess. XP and tbf, back in the day, a lot of ppl seemed to use "crackship" to describe any ship that wasn't mainstream popular, regardless of the amount of actual interaction the characters had. like, one of my top favorite Kingdom Hearts ships since forever is Terra/Cinderella (the game featuring them came out in 2010, iirc), who have a fair number of scenes together, and quite a few of them are actually pretty emotional ones with genuine bonding and connection, and Terra goes on to describe to other main characters in the game how important their time together was to him, and how much of an impact she made on him, and other ppl in the fandom still insisted it should be categorized as a crackship. and the funny thing was that terms like "rare pair" and "never-met" did exist back then, and yet ppl kept on using "crackship" as if it was an umbrella term regardless. XD

but anyway, i don't think this is an actual term that's been embraced in fandom, but i would personally categorize plainhive as what i call "plausible ships", as while "never-met" is technically correct, as we don't see them interacting in game/anime canon that i'm aware of (the manga's outside of my wheelhouse XP), but to me ships like plainhive don't match the...idk, spirit of "never-met" ships, as i think that realistically there's no way they haven't met, even if we personally didn't get to witness it. so since i personally don't tend to categorize ships that involve gym leaders from the same region as "never-met" ships, i started using the term "plausible ships" to help me mentally draw a distinction between those kinds of ships and 'true' never-met/crack ships. XD

OH that's so real bc i HARD-ship bea and korrina and it was kind of in the middle ground between "could totally happen" and "crackship" so im gonna steal "plausible ship" if that's okay ^^;

Plainhive was definitely plausible in 2012 tee hee

WHICH REMINDS ME I'm so glad they had their moment together in Masters. canon fbshsjsjeu

I think my favorite ship of mine that's pretty far removed is like, Clair and Liza (pokeani character). They're both mature women who train dragons and they absolutely have never met but I feel like they'd be such a power couple. That's probably the closest to a crackship I have real feelings for

OH that's so real bc i HARD-ship bea and korrina and it was kind of in the middle ground between "could totally happen" and "crackship" so im gonna steal "plausible ship" if that's okay ^^;
no yeah, that's totally cool and fine with me, so go right ahead! i don't think it'd be a bad thing if the term got more traction in the fandom XD

I think my favorite ship of mine that's pretty far removed is like, Clair and Liza (pokeani character). They're both mature women who train dragons and they absolutely have never met but I feel like they'd be such a power couple. That's probably the closest to a crackship I have real feelings for
Wait a second... don't they meet and also mention they are longtime friends? I might be misremembering this, but I'm quite positive...

Edit
1700694256129.png

Last edited:
on the topic of rarepairs/crackships, anyone have thoughts on kris/lyra ...? i've been thinking about it all day...........
i think i've talked about it here before but i'm a HUUUGE kris/lyra fan, they're one of my long-term pokemon otps and are probably generally the pokemon ship ive talked about most aside from my current main ones

i think i've talked about it here before but i'm a HUUUGE kris/lyra fan, they're one of my long-term pokemon otps and are probably generally the pokemon ship ive talked about most aside from my current main ones
omg...... if you've talked about them i haven't come across it but i've been thinking about them all the time since yesterday and they're sooooo good. i looked around on tumblr and just searched a bit online, and i didn't see literally anything which i thought was crazy. there wasn't even like one of those fandom shipping pages. the first thing that came up, actually, was a bulbagarden post about them from like 2010! i felt too nervous to revive such an old thread though so i just commented on it here. i think my idea of them is probably very different because i've been coming up with crazy headcanons probably not based on the game at all but i'm really enjoying them, i can def see why they're one of your otps and they might become one of mine too tbh

I would ship Kris and Lyra if it wasn’t for their relationship in my verse…. (It would be reallllyyyyy weird for me to ship it as Lyras a sort of backup for Kris existing in the void, but then stuff happens and they both coexist in the normal world, seeing eachother as sisters of a sort)

I do like the ship though (but again don’t ship it cause of my verse) :) would love to see what you guys have

im thinking abt stuff rn and like. do you guys ever have characters that you do multiship but you're extremely picky about who with or is that just a weird me thing?? i also do this kinda thing where it's like...i'll have pairings where i'm perfectly fine with one party in other pairings but for the other party i only like that 1 singular pairing for them.

im thinking abt stuff rn and like. do you guys ever have characters that you do multiship but you're extremely picky about who with or is that just a weird me thing?? i also do this kinda thing where it's like...i'll have pairings where i'm perfectly fine with one party in other pairings but for the other party i only like that 1 singular pairing for them.
Oh, I am EXACTLY like this. Like, there are some characters where I'm fine w/ them being in any and all ships, but then for others I'm like, "they have only one True Ship that I accept and I cannot see them with anyone else ever". And there isn't really any rhyme or reason as to what flips that switch in my brain. XD Like, TrustedPartner for instance is my #1 anime OTP, but I still multiship Ash like there's no tomorrow, and yet when it comes to one of my top game OTPs, AquaHeart, I can't bear to ship Sonia or Nessa with anyone but each other. Or as another example, I mentioned Terra/Cinderella as an OTP of mine in another fandom---I multiship Cinderella (Aqua/Cinderella, my beloved), but I can't stand shipping Terra with anyone else (and while normally I would solve this 'conflict' by just shipping them altogether as the Aqua/Cinderella/Terra poly ship, I unfortunately can't do that in this case, bc romantic Terra/Aqua is one of my NOTPs, so I can't stand to have them in any kind of shipping proximity XD). So....yeah, you're not alone. XP

Yea, it’s anime Dawn for me? Like I’ll ship Dawn with a bunch of people, but everyone I ship her with i only ship with Dawn, if thats what you were saying
yeah no it's exactly like this for me; it just felt like kinda a weirdly specific thing bc most cases i know of people not liking to ship a character w other characters is just a matter of them being completely monoship for that one specific ship but w me its just like. i cant rly think of any ships where its not a case of me only being monoship for one of the characters and not the other

The only characters I think I ship that I ship with other people are….. no one I can think of actually. I don’t ship pearlshipping so that’s out(I do think it’s nice i just think ash and dawn see eachother more as siblings. I get you can have a crush on someone like that, but that’s just what I think)

Yea idk.

Back
Top Bottom