• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

if u breed two shinies, will the egg be shiny

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Yes, if you're extremely lucky. Two shinies, one, or none at all, they all have the same chance of producing a shiny egg. The only way to boost your odds (at least, the only one I know of) is the Masuda Method.

Iv breeding suggestions?? Or at least some links on it??

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for BST! (Read First Pos

NoirTHECHA said:
Iv breeding suggestions?? Or at least some links on it??

RNG abuse or the old fashion'd way?

Here's smogons RNG abuse articles

I also found bearsfan's youtube videos on RNG abuse to be pretty helpful. I think you've got one favourated on your youtube channel.

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for BST! (Read First Pos

Where can I find low level pokemon to get some attack and HP EVs for my low level pokemon in johto?

Last edited:

bidoofs and shellos are found at levels 9-12 on route 205 south. attack doesn't have too many low ones, though you can find machop and stantler (w/ pokeradar) on route 207 at levels 6-8. the next lowest are route 210 north, at level 30ish. This is for sinnoh right?

If you're in Johto, you can get HP EVs by surfing in Slowpoke Well. I believe there are only Slowpoke and Slobro there.

I'm in johto and I found wooper and quagsire in Union cave to work for HP (they're only around level 11)

Breloom
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
~ Spore
~ Bulk Up
~ Seed Bomb
~ Mach Punch

or

Breloom
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
~ Spore
~ Leech Seed
~ Seed Bomb
~ Mach Punch

And what does everyone think of Bibarel? He's kinda insane with Simple. Not in place of Breloom of course. just want opinions.

Can someone tell me what "Hax" are?

Hax is a term for anything in a Pokemon match that is chance-based, such as a critical hit. Often used to depict the more unlikely effect of a move.

ninjask help

jolly 252 spe 252 atk 4 def
Swords Dance, Protect, Aerial Ace, and Baton Pass
Focus Sash.

or

jolly 252 spe 252 hp 4 def
swords dance protect baton pass substitute
leftovers

or

jolly 226 Atk 108 Def 176 Spe
substitute swords dance x sciisor baton pass
leftovers

The first one, surely. Works very well.

Don't run Jolly on Ninjask. You can still outrun Aerodactyl with a neutral nature and 158 Spe EVs. Go with Adamant if you have any attack moves at all. Also, why Aerial Ace on the first set when you could have X-Scissor?

I'm going to assume Ninjask is leading here, since that's pretty much the only way to do it.

With a Protect / Focus Sash Ninjask, you can guarantee a +2 Atk +3 Spe pass to any Pokemon by using Protect, SD, Protect, Baton Pass. As long as the opponent doesn't have a priority move or set up weather. However, once you do that, you're done. You won't be able to pass anything but +1 Speed again, and that only if you remove SR.

With Sub / Lefties Ninjask, you will only get to pass the speed most of the time, but you force your opponent to attack rather than set up. During all those Protects, your opponent can lay down rocks or do whatever they need to. With this Ninjask, if your opponent chooses to do anything but attack, they leave you with a sub. You can either pass the sub to avoid taking damage on the switch (which could be useful to a frail but already powerful sweeper) or you can use the free turn to SD. The other upside to this Ninjask is that you can come in and pass again mid-game (although removing rocks is still a pretty good idea).

Generally the sub Ninjask is preferred competitively. I'm not sure what would work best in the Battle Frontier. Though I might consider using the substitute set holding a Micle Berry to help counteract Double Team spamming.

I'm working on a second Leafeon, one I plan to have an Adamant Nature with.

Should I do what I did with my Absol and just get Effort Values for Attack and Speed? Or should I try to put Defense into the mix instead of Speed? (Considering Defense is Leafeon's main stat...)
I also plan to have it know X-Scissor, Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, and another move, though I'm not sure if I should try Iron Tail like my older Leafeon. Any suggestions for that last move?
And finally, the all-important hold item. Should I try a Muscle Band, Miracle Seed, or whichever Choice Item raises Attack?

movewise, I think synthesis would be a good choice. recovery moves are good.

What are some good anti-leads?

This is probably a really noobish question, but if you have a pokemon with a one-time use held item (like a pinch berry, or a focus sash) and it is used up over wifi play, is it used up permanently or is it restored at the end of combat?

Nothing used over wi-fi is lost forever, you'll get it back after the battle.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom