• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tenth Pokémon movie tops Japanese box office in first three days: Film grosses ¥1. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
The 10th Pokémon movie, Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai, ranked first in the Japanese box office for the first three days of its theatrical run. At ¥1.13 billion (U.S.$9.26 million) with 1,074,000 viewers, it performed significantly better than last year's Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea: Manaphy.

Read more on Bulbanews

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix knocked it down in the second week.

And if the pattern continues then it's downhill from here until Generation V.

It depends on which legendary Pokemon are being given away with the movie though.

One of the reasons some of the movies don't do as well is because there's no exlusive Pokemon being released to the public, and thus they don't see it in theaters because the movies always air on TVTokyo a year later.

I bet the Arceus movie will be big. Regigigas/Shaymin... not so much.

One of the reasons some of the movies don't do as well is because there's no exlusive Pokemon being released to the public, and thus they don't see it in theaters because the movies always air on TVTokyo a year later.
At the time when there was no elusive Pokémon being distributed, no one even had expectations of that nature. If you are referring to last year's experience, part of the failure to meet sale standards could be attributed to the obscure method of promotion that turned off mainstream players.

Harry Pothead and the Order of the Phoenix knocked it down in the second week.
What a bunch of crap. I hope that fucking wizard dies in the most painful way a person can imagine.

Deathly Hallows
Sorry. He lives on to have a peaceful life. :p

I wish in the US they would still be in the theaters, D:

After each movie in the U.S. made less than the previous, its not feasible.

If PUSA honestly tried to get Movie 10 in the theaters in the U.S., it would probably bomb at the box office.

I bet they could pull it off if they gave away Darkrais for coming to the movie.

Hell it'd make me go and I hate PUSA.

What ever happened to seeing a movie because of the movie itself?

I see Darkrai as merely an added bonus.

What ever happened to seeing a movie because of the movie itself?

That's what I was wondering.

I'd see the movie because from what I read it seems good.=)
Not because of tour Pokemon given out. Besides it'd be a miracle if tour Pokemon were given out where I live anyway.=P

Last edited:
Not supriesed. Offering Darkrai= definite attractions.

The U. S. However, never does this. That is why Pokemon movies stopped showing in theateres, and why the hacking community is so large.

I remember the first Pokemon Movie being released, I never got to go because my parents hated Pokemon. Atleast I got it on VHS, it was the best movie ever at the time. I got Pokemon 2000 aswell, that was a good film, but i didnt like the 3rd one for some reason, I think I'd drifted away from Pokemon at that point.

...but i didnt like the 3rd one for some reason, I think I'd drifted away from Pokemon at that point.

Or it could just be the curse of the threes. Every third movie seems to be a poor offering. I expect movies 10 and 11 to be good, but 12 to be lacking. Just like 3, 6, and 9 were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom