• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Battle Frontier

Let's say there is another day care center... perhaps it's like FR/LG where the day care on Route 117 is now single Pokemon only, and then there is the rumored "Battle Resort" with all these different facilities and a two Pokemon day care.
Why would they do that? It would just make breeding unavailable during the main story. At least FRLG had the excuse of being faithful to the original games.

Something seems fishy about everything. Especially after the whole "DLC is never going to be in pokemon past event pokemon" stance they took before XY came out. BUT THEN AGAIN THEY'RE CONTRADICTING THEMSELVES LEFT AND RIGHT SO WHO KNOWS!

I just thought of something since a "third game is too predictable" why not just remake Emerald too in place of the third game? Or maybe they just put reference to the battle frontier as like a shout out since they weren't doing Emerald things in this game, something they've stated many times before.

More DLC hints, although the source is questionable despite the screenshot.

Especially after the whole "DLC is never going to be in pokemon past event pokemon" stance they took before XY came out.
They never said that.

I just thought of something since a "third game is too predictable" why not just remake Emerald too in place of the third game?
That would make little to no sense. For one thing, Mega Rayquaza and the Delta Episode would be saved for that.

They never said that.

In an interview with VG247, director Junichi Masuda admitted that he isn't keen on seeing DLC or Microtransactions added to the franchise, as he would prefer to ship a complete package that won't extort money from younger players.
~ IGN

I just thought of something since a "third game is too predictable" why not just remake Emerald too in place of the third game?
That would make little to no sense. For one thing, Mega Rayquaza and the Delta Episode would be saved for that.

They're not doing anything predicable, and people would expect that. Who knows maybe if they "remake" Emerald it will be a sequel that takes a few months/year after the events of ORAS.

In an interview with VG247, director Junichi Masuda admitted that he isn't keen on seeing DLC or Microtransactions added to the franchise, as he would prefer to ship a complete package that won't extort money from younger players.
If anything, that's a view expressed against paid DLC.

Masuda said:
There’s no download content or microtransaction content developed specifically for Pokémon X & Y. We’ve not come up with any ideas on that yet. I like the idea that Pokémon can be enjoyed with just one piece of software. You buy the game and it can be enjoyed just with that one software that you buy. That’s a key point for Game Freak.

That's hardly akin to saying that it will never happen. Also note that games can be enjoyed for what they are even if they get expanded later on. It's rather ridiculous to consider a third version as being "fairer" than DLC, because it's the same extent of new content only for a full price tag.

Cute Charm said:
Who knows maybe if they "remake" Emerald it will be a sequel that takes a few months/year after the events of ORAS.
What would the story be about?

If anything, that's a view expressed against paid DLC.

[...]

That's hardly akin to saying that it will never happen. Also note that games can be enjoyed for what they are even if they get expanded later on. It's rather ridiculous to consider a third version as being "fairer" than DLC, because it's the same extent of new content only for a full price tag.

But look at the quote, He also said he'd rather have a full game than having it come in pieces. If the Battle Frontier is really DLC you'd think that would count against that small comment.

What would the story be about?

A B2/W2 type of sequel that takes place in another town in Hoenn with different characters and another Rayquaza that has hatched since the space trip?

How about Delta Z, which takes place between Hoenn after XY and Kalos in tandem, with the BF finally built. /s

Seriously though, I think that Wallace thing is fake, we already have rematch data for Steven. However, I can see episode delta as the precusor for the endgame, with Steven leaving to travel the world to research megas, Wallace taking the place of champion, Juam coming to the gym and lastly Scott shows up to tell you that the BR is finished.

But look at the quote, He also said he'd rather have a full game than having it come in pieces. If the Battle Frontier is really DLC you'd think that would count against that small comment.
It would still be one piece of software. We've already seen that they can introduce patches, and those are actually necessary to enjoy the games (if only for online communication). Once again, as long it isn't paid DLC, there is little reason to complain about optional content not being in the games to begin with. How would saving that feature for another game be any better?

As for why they would bother with free DLC, it would be a good way to give reluctant consumers an added incentive to buy the games a few months after their release. It would also allow different features to be appreciated separately rather than all at once.

A B2/W2 type of sequel that takes place in another town in Hoenn with different characters and another Rayquaza that has hatched since the space trip?
You're going to have do a little better than that. What would be the point of a second Rayquaza and what would actually happen with it?

Stop fighting guys, Battle Frontier/Champion Wallace/New Mega's patch/dlc/update/event/thing confirmed
It isn't confirmed since the source is anonymous and the screenshot could have been faked. I am inclined to think it's real, though, as it ties into the more credible report about the Battle Frontier. Just because Steven has a rematch roster in the demo data doesn't mean that it has to be used.

If Steven is missing from the post-game league, then I don't see how it is possible for this not to be fixed in ORAS themselves. That isn't how the games should end.

Stop fighting guys, Battle Frontier/Champion Wallace/New Mega's patch/dlc/update/event/thing confirmed

ORAS post-Delta Episode changes. DLC / sequel may be happening : pokemon
If it happens, I hope they don't charge too much for it. Cutting out part of the game to release it as paid DLC later is just... ugh. Nintendo is doing DLC for Mario Kart 8 the best possible way, hopefully Game Freak does it right, too. If it is true, obviously. The sad thing is that I am such a sucker for the Battle Frontier, that I am sure I will buy it regardless of the price, if it happens.

Not nessicarily the image, but other leakers have reported hints towards the Frontier, and some of the reviews hint at it too.
What other leakers or reviewers? I'm only aware of this reviewer's claim, which should be enough. Apparently, he said more than he should have as per the embargo rules.

Posted this in the leak thread, but as it relates specifically to the Battle Frontier, here's an excerpt from the USGamer ORAS review:

at least one major piece of single-player postgame content that I was expecting to see is absent

And quoting from said reviewer on NeoGAF:

As for the Battle Frontier... I'm technically still under embargo on that front, so infer what you will. But Game Freak's M.O. has always been to introduce stuff like the Battle Frontier or the Pokemon World Tournament (which I loved so much) in "bonus" versions like Emerald, Platinum, etc.

More DLC hints, although the source is questionable despite the screenshot.

They never said that.

That thread got deleted, what exactly did it have that hinted at DLC?

What's interesting, is that CVG's Chris Scullion was specifically asked about whether the Battle Frontier is in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. His reply was to simply state that anything post-Sootopolis Gym is currently under embargo.

This sound like an anti-piracy/leak feature Game Freak installed in order to better control the leaks of how much content there is post-game.

However, what Ivysaur just posted just seems disheartening. So, GF decided that they'd rather put in as little effort as possible rather than giving us post game content that aren't legendaries? Okay, it's official. This generation was intentionally rushed, and they can't convince us otherwise.

It makes no sense that the demo will have a listing for music for when you battle the Frontier brain if the Frontier was never going to be in these games. It makes no sense to have NPC's mention the Frontier being built in Hoenn if we are never going to see it, either. I think it's in the game but will be unlocked by a day 1 patch or will come as future DLC.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom