• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Hoenn Region

Yes, there WAS a Clock system in Hoenn - we got tides in Shoal Cave for that and of course, the berry growth. Espeon and Umbreon as well. We only need some noticable night skies. Hoenn at night is going to look beautiful.

Also, I want the hot springs in Lavarige to come back. Back when I first played Ruby, I thought it was really cute that the player character could step in the hot springs with only his head peaking out. The sand beds should come back, too.

Last edited:
But in all seriousness, we have seen "leaks" of poster that best buy has been said to be giving out. Which shows all the mega evolution With ones we have not seen. Lucicolo, Shiftry, Zangoose, Seviper, Camerupt and Sharpedo are said to have these. Opinions?

I haven't seen these leaks. Can anyone link me to one?

But in all seriousness, we have seen "leaks" of poster that best buy has been said to be giving out. Which shows all the mega evolution With ones we have not seen. Lucicolo, Shiftry, Zangoose, Seviper, Camerupt and Sharpedo are said to have these. Opinions?

Newmegasconfirmed.jpg

I'm pretty sure its fake. Too much of what people want.

View attachment 94976

I'm pretty sure its fake. Too much of what people want.

The yellow color is really, REALLY bothering me... =/

To stay on topic, I hope I can actually see Mirage Island this time (if they bring it back!)

^
I dunno. It looks, kinda real. But I doubt it. It's pretty well done assuming it's fake though.

And I never actually saw Mirage Island either. Hoping to see it this time around for once!

Looks like we got a glimpse of the Hoenn in-game map:

90.jpg

I like how the map there looks like the original RS map, while the ORAS one we get is some rectangular island.

And that's a massive room. I liked the way they did Hugh's house since there were multiple bedrooms.

That Best Buy promotional picture is clearly fake. Someone just photo shopped released pictures of the recent ORAS art as well as the old Gen 3 art, pasted it together, did a few illustrations and voila. Easy work for a graphic artist. Additionally the coloring is a complete and tacky giveaway in addition to the Mega Evolving of Latios on the bottom right hand corner, a Mega Evolution they haven't even officially released yet nor referenced.

That aside, I really like Granite Cave's redesign as well as significance boost. Makes the task of finding Steven all the more relevant and rewarding.

That Best Buy promotional picture is clearly fake. Someone just photo shopped released pictures of the recent ORAS art as well as the old Gen 3 art, pasted it together, did a few illustrations and voila. Easy work for a graphic artist. Additionally the coloring is a complete and tacky giveaway in addition to the Mega Evolving of Latios on the bottom right hand corner, a Mega Evolution they haven't even officially released yet nor referenced.
That would be the trickiest bit to photoshop, mind. The rest is just arranging pictures, but Latios mega-evolving is a picture they'd need to compile from scratch, combine a couple of different screenshots from a couple of different places. Notably more effort.

Still a bit suss, though, especially with the world map as the background.

I zoomed in a bit, but aren't those little bridges that link the shores of sootopolis to the gym? If so, that means we won't need a surf slave to traverse the city! Good news for challenging the gym, now we can make use of all six party slots for that battle, instead of having to use five pokemon and an hm slave!

Uuhh Surf is one of the very best special water type moves in the game. Never used an slave for that.

Uuhh Surf is one of the very best special water type moves in the game. Never used an slave for that.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, depends on how my teams work out. Either way, it's a pretty interesting change to sootopolis, I wonder if there's a reason they put bridges there, besides convenience.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, depends on how my teams work out. Either way, it's a pretty interesting change to sootopolis, I wonder if there's a reason they put bridges there, besides convenience.

Same here. If there's a Water type on my team, I give it Surf. If I don't have one, I use an HM slave.

I think convenience is the main reason for it, ever since 5th gen they've made a point to minimize mandatory HM usage. I expect the same thing will happen in this game, they'll probably remove some of the HM obstacles from the main path.

Is the Deoxys island on the map? I forgot if it was in the old Hoenn map, I'd love for it to be in-game and not an event too.

QWpE5jT.png

looka like we're getting our mega bangles very early in game

It's possible we could get them as gifts from Devon in Rustboro when we save their employee from the evil team. That's the earliest point I can think of that links Mega Stones with the RS plot. If Steven is researching Mega Stones, it's likely his father is also involved.

Otherwise, we'd be getting them in Granite Cave from Steven.

QWpE5jT.png

It's possible we could get them as gifts from Devon in Rustboro when we save their employee from the evil team. That's the earliest point I can think of that links Mega Stones with the RS plot. If Steven is researching Mega Stones, it's likely his father is also involved.

I personally think that's WAY too early for obtaining Mega Evolution. I'd rather it be later; later even than it was in X and Y. I feel like it should be something you earn by working your way through a good portion of the game. Maybe after Norman or something(I don't see how it could work, plot-wise, but it would be late enough that I'd like it)

QWpE5jT.png

I personally think that's WAY too early for obtaining Mega Evolution. I'd rather it be later; later even than it was in X and Y. I feel like it should be something you earn by working your way through a good portion of the game. Maybe after Norman or something(I don't see how it could work, plot-wise, but it would be late enough that I'd like it)

We get to see Steven again after beating Norman, around the time of the Weather Institute crisis, so it could work plot-wise.

QWpE5jT.png

Even if it is early, technically, as long as you get the mega stones later, it doesn't matter when you have the bracelet. In X and Y, you got mega stones before you got the bracelet to use them with. It seems like in this game, we'll just do it the opposite way, obtaining the bracelet first and (I assume) the mega stones later, possibly from Steven.

Yeah, but note how may doesn't have one, only Brendan. Maybe its from his days in Johto?

Yeah, but note how may doesn't have one, only Brendan. Maybe its from his days in Johto?
They could have used that explanation in XY (since the player character in those games is also said to have moved), but they just created an arbitrary scenario where Calem and Serena had to compete for the Mega Ring (even though the NPC ended up with a Mega Ring later, anyway).

Back
Top Bottom