• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Hoenn Region

6Fd3Cqf.png

Where is this?

When you dive underwater on an unspecified route, Corsola can be seen swimming about.

Where is this?

My guess is the Lavaridge Pokemon Center/hot spring. The building in the trailer represents a Japanese bath house, and the ashes in the air indicate that the location is near Mt. Chimney.

Last edited:
New trailer showcasing a fair bit of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6blt8m8-3Y

Hoenn looks AMAZING. That reflection on the Sootopolis water <3

Well, if nothing else it looks nice. They showed off a lot of different places in this trailer, I can't even place all of these areas. I think I see Rt. 120, Pacifidlog Town, Underwater (which looks even better than I could've possibly imagined), Rt. 111, Rt. 116, Mt. Pyre, Mossdeep, Sootopolis City, Sootopolis Gym (and of course they hide the gym leader), Safari Zone, more Safari Zone, some area that I don't recognize (Rt. 119 or Rt. 120?), and a weird stormy place (I think it's probably the black cloud area).

Also, it looks like the Safari Zone has some nature of overworld encounters, the player is shown sneaking up on a Pikachu hiding in the grass.

Where is this?

My guess is the Lavaridge Pokemon Center/hot spring. The building in the trailer represents a Japanese bath house, and the ashes in the air indicate that the location is near Mt. Chimney.

Looks to ominous to be Lavaridge. I'm guessing it's the black cloud.

Looks to ominous to be Lavaridge. I'm guessing it's the black cloud.

I don't know. The surrounding topography, volcanic ash, and cloud cover indicates a location that is close in proximity to an active volcano.

The "black cloud" is located on the opposite side of the region, far away from the reaches of any volcanic activity. And due to the strong rainfall commonplace in central-eastern Hoenn, the new island would certainly be a bit more "green" than this location.

There is also the Japanese bath house and the oriental-style bridge, which automatically points to a Lavaridge location.

I don't know. The surrounding topography, volcanic ash, and cloud cover indicates a location that is close in proximity to an active volcano.

The "black cloud" is located on the opposite side of the region, far away from the reaches of any volcanic activity. And due to the strong rainfall commonplace in central-eastern Hoenn, the new island would certainly be a bit more "green" than this location.

There is also the Japanese bath house and the oriental-style bridge, which automatically points to a Lavaridge location.

Have you seen the island I'm referring to? It's not green at all, it's very dark and barren. And it looks like it could be volcanic as well, it's either that or lightning.

Also, aside from the Battle Arena (which it clearly isn't), there is no oriental setting in Hoenn.

Have you seen the island I'm referring to? It's not green at all, it's very dark and barren. And it looks like it could be volcanic as well, it's either that or lightning.

You're correct. That island is surrounded with dark fog and storm clouds, which are not depicted in this location.

Also, aside from the Battle Arena (which it clearly isn't), there is no oriental setting in Hoenn.

The Lavaridge Gym received an oriental makeover in these remakes. What appears to be a Japanese red maple tree is planted near the gym's center.

It is very possible that Game Freak applied oriental themes throughout the entire town. The bridge leading to that bath house is a perfect example; its color and design are not a far stretch from the design elements used for Lavaridge's gym.

Regardless of its location, the building is definitely a Pokemon Center, as it depicts a symbol exclusive to centers. I guessed Lavaridge Town in particular because of the building's bath house-esque design, which only applies to Lavaridge's center.

You're correct. That island is surrounded with dark fog and storm clouds, which are not depicted in this location.

The Lavaridge Gym received an oriental makeover in these remakes. What appears to be a Japanese red maple tree is planted near the gym's center.

It is very possible that Game Freak applied oriental themes throughout the entire town. The bridge leading to that bath house is a perfect example; its color and design are not a far stretch from the design elements used for Lavaridge's gym.

Regardless of its location, the building is definitely a Pokemon Center, as it depicts a symbol exclusive to centers. I guessed Lavaridge Town in particular because of the building's bath house-esque design, which only applies to Lavaridge's center.

You must have microscopic vision then, because I can't make out that level of detail from the map or the trailer. All I know is that Lavaridge wasn't so dark and foreboding in the originals and it doesn't seem to be on the map either. Also, since when did Lavaridge have such a large chasm in it that required a bridge? This looks far too different from anything in the originals or anything depicted on the map. Except for the dark cloud.

Also, since when did Lavaridge have such a large chasm in it that required a bridge? This looks far too different from anything in the originals or anything depicted on the map. Except for the dark cloud.

When did Mossdeep City have skyscrapers situated in the middle of the island? In the originals, the Space Center was the only noticeably tall structure. If Game Freak can alter Mossdeep's landscape to that extent, then it is possible that Game Freak can include a chasm and bridge in Lavaridge Town.

Also, since when did Lavaridge have such a large chasm in it that required a bridge? This looks far too different from anything in the originals or anything depicted on the map. Except for the dark cloud.

When did Mossdeep City have skyscrapers situated in the middle of the island? In the originals, the Space Center was the only noticeably tall structure. If Game Freak can alter Mossdeep's landscape to that extent, then it is possible that Game Freak can include a chasm and bridge in Lavaridge Town.

Those are rockets, and we can see those on the map. We don't see anything along the lines of that bridge anywhere on the map.

At one part of the vid, Brendan was tiptoe-ing towards a Pikachu??? Lol

The Hoenn region looks beautiful!

Most are guessing it's the Safari Zone.

Wow, so in the Safari Zone, you don't just wander around in the grass patch aimlessly, hoping for a rare pokemon, but rather you can actively search out the pokemon on the over-world, and approach it carefully? omg if that's true, it would be epic :D

Safari Zone being a proper hunt would be amazing, hope that's the case. I'm assuming the weird Dojo place is the E4 for now. I dunno, it would fit I guess, what with the fact that the rooms are sparse, and they need some sort of graphical wow factor. Otherwise, good that Mount Pyre is less foggy, and I love the size of the damn thing. The mossdeep rocket not being huge is disappointing, but its still cool enough. Also looks like you can walk up to it? Whatever, nothing's going to come out of it. But yeah, this game is gorgeous.

You must have microscopic vision then, because I can't make out that level of detail from the map or the trailer. All I know is that Lavaridge wasn't so dark and foreboding in the originals and it doesn't seem to be on the map either. Also, since when did Lavaridge have such a large chasm in it that required a bridge? This looks far too different from anything in the originals or anything depicted on the map. Except for the dark cloud.

It's actually Sidney's room. If you look at this image you can see a window with the "ash" falling outside:

july_p16_03_hog.jpg

So chances are that once you beat one of the Elite Four, you have to walk along a bridge to reach the next Elite Four's room. If you look at Phoebe's images, the window behind her looks dark and shadowy, so I imagine hers will look different to Sidney's. Glacia's will probably look stark and icy.

Yep, that's whay I thought. Cool to see, such a specialized E4, the castle with zany rooms thing was getting dull.

The Dojo is the Pokemon League. The Red Bridge confirms it. Previously the Red Bridge was seen in the Sidney Battle footage.

It's actually Sidney's room. If you look at this image you can see a window with the "ash" falling outside:

july_p16_03_hog.jpg

So chances are that once you beat one of the Elite Four, you have to walk along a bridge to reach the next Elite Four's room. If you look at Phoebe's images, the window behind her looks dark and shadowy, so I imagine hers will look different to Sidney's. Glacia's will probably look stark and icy.

That building is way, way, way too small to be a Pokemon League building, and if there were more behind it, we could see them. This clearly isn't that, it's a tiny building that leads nowhere.

That building is way, way, way too small to be a Pokemon League building, and if there were more behind it, we could see them.

I never said it was the Pokemon league building. It's WITHIN the league, that small building is where Sidney is waiting inside.

This clearly isn't that, it's a tiny building that leads nowhere.

It pretty clearly is it, otherwise how do you explain the exact same ash falling outside Sidney's window?

Also the same bridges as the Shiftry battle. And the same ash flying around.

july_p17_01_szd.jpg

9I5VW6G.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom