• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Hoenn Region

-Rusturf tunnel looks to be longer. Not sure cause of art or what.
-Contest hall seems to be in lilycove battle tents still replace em. I can't be sure but I see no similar ones to the purple building in lilycove.
-New town south of evergrande?
-Wheee's trainer hill?! God anit you had one job GF,! .One job, that's it
Just noticed the preview of Mauville in that artwork. Swanky!

That map of Hoenn is gorgeous, I want it. But I wonder what that black/purple thing in the north is.

v63gpw.jpg

Link in case it doesn't work.

In the red circles are positions in the places (towns/cities) where the battle tents/contest halls were in R/S/E. Fallarbor Town is obscured by smoke from Mt. Chimney. (Well played, Gamefreak.) In blue is the contest hall in R/S/E. So yeah, in Slateport/Verdanturf, we get two identical buildings where the contest halls/battle tents were, and another such building in Lilycove where the contest hall was.

What the heckles is that spooky creepy dark aura place all the way in the north?

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/5/54/Slateport_City_Mt_Chimney_artwork.png

I am loving this art of Slateport City! Very nostalgic. I remember that small tuber girl at the start of the beach all too well.

It appears I've been underestimating Mt.Chimney's size all these years if that's what it looks like all the way from Slateport. Also, what's that orange building near the cycling road? The Trick House?

It's Mauville which looks like is now a walled city.

I can't see the battle frontier :(
Maybe on that island at the bottom center with a cloud covering it.

Edit: Just checked the exact location of the Battle Frontier in Emerald and it supossed to be on the bottom right which is covered by a cloud on that map.

Last edited:
In the map of Emerald, the Battle Froniter was at the very right bottom. So, Ithink that it is under the big cloud in the right bottom of the map.

Last edited:
page03_img_03.png

I know I was talking about this pic in the Primal Reversion thread, but where could this place be?

1. Granite Cave - you see Steven observing this when you first meet him.
2. Cave of Origin - near the crisis climax
3. Mt. Chimney - another random encounter with Steven in the middle of your journey
4. Some place else that has ties to the legendaries.

page03_img_03.png

I know I was talking about this pic in the Primal Reversion thread, but where could this place be?

3. Mt. Chimney - another random encounter with Steven in the middle of your journey

I'd say Granite Cave. Notice how he isn't using his overworld model--like the Team Flare Grunt in Glittering cave in XY. This could very well be the first time you meet him, and unless they're introducing a new cave before Granite Cave or he won't appear there in ORAS, the only other cave at that point is Rusturf Tunnel...

Or he could just randomly be appearing in a non-super-deformed model, I dunno.

Oh look random clouds obscuring islands.

That aside, I really don't like how the main island's shape looks. It's basically a box. The entire layout looks blocky. It's like now that we're able to move diagonally, they're trying to remind us that the over-world is based on a grid system.

Last edited:
I'm loving the updated Hoenn region map; there's quite a few interesting places to see if you look carefully.

Yay for expanded areas! And that spooky dark area in the top, I wonder if it's an enemy base? The islands around Pacifidlog seem much more detailed too.

page03_img_03.png

I'd say Granite Cave. Notice how he isn't using his overworld model--like the Team Flare Grunt in Glittering cave in XY. This could very well be the first time you meet him, and unless they're introducing a new cave before Granite Cave or he won't appear there in ORAS, the only other cave at that point is Rusturf Tunnel...

I'm gonna have to agree here. But I also going to have to say Cave of Origin. Remember Steven takes you to the cave of origin.

I would also like to say you have cute signature, Dark :3

I'm loving the updated Hoenn region map; there's quite a few interesting places to see if you look carefully.

Yay for expanded areas! And that spooky dark area in the top, I wonder if it's an enemy base? The islands around Pacifidlog seem much more detailed too.
Enemy bases don't usually emit evil smoke.

Unless it's the secret third Team that specializes in Poison and Flying types that I thought would happen waaaaaaaaay back when Emerald was first announced! :O
page03_img_03.png

I'm gonna have to agree here. But I also going to have to say Cave of Origin. Remember Steven takes you to the cave of origin.

I would also like to say you have cute signature, Dark :3

If that's the scene where you encounter Kyogre and Groudon, it'd make sense. In XY, the player does use their...better-proportioned model when Xerneas/Yveltal awakens...

Why, thank you~

So, is anyone else confused if gyms have standard building or not? I can spot them in Rustboro, Petalburg and Dewford, but Mauville, Sootopolis, and Fortree definetely don't. Oh, and this capture does confirm Petalburg having a normal gym:
ORAS_Prerelease_Pok%C3%A9mon_Center.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom