• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Hoenn Region

Fortree's Gym seems to be a tree house like the other buildings there, unlike the Centre and Mart which are the same as they were.

I really want a better look at Mauville to see what's actually going on there

Another thing I wanted to note is that I think the bottom right corner is also post game content. What I mean is, the corner clouds indicate the route boundaries, and its mixed in with that type of cloud.

page03_img_03.png

I know I was talking about this pic in the Primal Reversion thread, but where could this place be?

1. Granite Cave - you see Steven observing this when you first meet him.
2. Cave of Origin - near the crisis climax
3. Mt. Chimney - another random encounter with Steven in the middle of your journey
4. Some place else that has ties to the legendaries.

Definitely Cave of Origins. Its what I was thinking when I was watching the Trailer. Maybe you could visit Sootopolis before you go and stop Aqua/Magma in the Underwater Cavern.

I'm a little disappointed with the map because it looks more or less the same. I was hoping for some visible changes to the region, it just seems like they did a copy/paste approach for the most part. The only significant I see is that Rt. 129 (and maybe Rt. 130) seem a bit more fleshed out, there's dive spots on the routes, rocks, shoals, and islands (and from the looks of the rocks at the border between Rt. 128, you may even need Dive to get there now). It's basically what I was hoping the other sea routes would be like. I also see a lot of clouds on the bottom of the map, which is a good sign for post game. Hopefully it means we'll be getting more than just the Battle Frontier now. But aside from that, it doesn't look like much has changed, the region still looks pretty blocky and gridlike despite the fact that grid based movement is no longer necessary, and in general it doesn't look like they put much thought into the region.

Secret Bases are back:

GE_V1_p30_04-05_yaz.jpg

Not that I ever thought they wouldn't be implemented.

I'm too lazy to show the screenshot, but that scene with Steven and the wall carvings are in Granite Cave. In a screen, Steven introduces himself and you can see what looks like the carvings behind him.

page03_img_03.png

I know I was talking about this pic in the Primal Reversion thread, but where could this place be?

3. Mt. Chimney - another random encounter with Steven in the middle of your journey

Looks like #1 is correct, one of the new screenshots shows Steven introducing himself to you in this room.

EN_V1_p30_01_wel.jpg

page03_img_03.png

Looks like #1 is correct, one of the new screenshots shows Steven introducing himself to you in this room.

EN_V1_p30_01_wel.jpg

Confirmed, yes. It's good to know Granite Cave will be playing a large role in the remakes.

p30_03_llt.jpg

I waited 3000 years for such a beautiful 3D model ♥ Lovely ♥

Where are these screenshots coming from?

And yay! Granite Cave as I expected. Well, I must admit it makes more sense for Steven to be there looking at that than just being there to find random precious stones.

Ah I'm in love with Steven's Mega brooch. I wish we could get it too in customisation.

Although its too small that in game map is interesting. Why? Well in the currents route theres a big green island. It could be southern island, but I think its the big triangle. It could be for accuracy, but why have it in the route otherwise? Thing is the art map has nothing there so I could be wrong, though I still think its hiding something

To be honest, I'll be slightly disappointed if they don't expand on any of the routes at all... given the size of certain routes/areas, I believe they should be expanded.

For example, I see them adding more hidden areas or something to explore and get items around the cycling roads surfing area, and around New Mauville.

I also hope they expand the interior of Meteor Falls and possibly make it a bit longer, and add a little hidden Mega Stone somewhere in there.

Finally, I've been saying this in a lot of my posts - I want Ever Grande to be a real city, even if it's just a few houses to give me more of a "I'm the very best" before I head into Victory Road. Also, why Ever Grande City if there won't EVER be anything GRANDE about it? Lol.

So Granite Cave has been confirmed as said above.
We have found out that Sableye, Sceptile, Swampert and Diancie all get mega evolutions. BUt why is Diancie getting it now? Why hasn't She (or "it" I guess) having it in ORAS and not XY? I think we all saw Sableye getting one cause of Mawile having one. Why aren't Latios and Latias' mega not officially announced yet is what is also confusing me.I;m hoping to see a Mega Metagross, Milotic, Zangoose and Sevpier but I don't want to ask for too much as Hoenn and Kanto have the most Mega Evolutions.

So Granite Cave has been confirmed as said above.
We have found out that Sableye, Sceptile, Swampert and Diancie all get mega evolutions. BUt why is Diancie getting it now? Why hasn't She (or "it" I guess) having it in ORAS and not XY? I think we all saw Sableye getting one cause of Mawile having one. Why aren't Latios and Latias' mega not officially announced yet is what is also confusing me.I;m hoping to see a Mega Metagross, Milotic, Zangoose and Sevpier but I don't want to ask for too much as Hoenn and Kanto have the most Mega Evolutions.

My theory is that MegaDiancie was designed after XY had been completed. The movie writers then thought that give Diancie a Megaevolution in the movie was a good idea, and the game creators agreeded and they included it in the next game.
Mega Diancie is probably the "game launch wi-fi event", so MegaLatios and MegaLatias will probably be saved until 2015, or at the very least to september-october. They can´t reveal everything in one month!

To stay on thread, Hoenn looks really beautiful. I have travelled around the region around a thousand times and I still don't know where some screenshots take place :p

So Granite Cave is being (heavily) expanded upon. That's interesting to see. It's nice that they're giving a otherwise not really notable location some depth like that.

I hope we see more of this.

Back
Top Bottom