• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ToxicBoltShipping thread!

*Laughs evilly*

After I finish my fic!

New Topic! What is your HeadCanon of this ship?

-points to my fanfics- My main head canon is game-verse.
Um...They met in the war. They were friends.drinking buddies for ages before their relationship got physical. It's more emotional than anything.

Well my HC leeches is based from zel's HC. They met at the war and became a sort of a team. Surge's feelings for Koga started there during the war though it was just infatuation at that time. Koga feelings were more....subtle at that time due to recently being a widower. I do agree with the drinking buddies part.

....I'm still building my own HC as we speak :p

Though I haven't explored it in a fic yet, I've been working on Surge's childhood some.

Mother died when he was really young. Dad didnt really know how to raise a kid. Surge was always getting in trouble and, I think, knew from a pretty young age that he was gay. He just sort of..went with it. Never had a girl friend, never tried to cover it up, never did much of anything about it. Maybe had a few one night stands, but then he joined the army (at like..17. Too young.)
And there he met Koga.
Who was amazing.

Well my HC leeches is based from zel's HC. They met at the war and became a sort of a team. Surge's feelings for Koga started there during the war though it was just infatuation at that time. Koga feelings were more....subtle at that time due to recently being a widower.

This, really.

....I'm still building my own HC as we speak :p

Same here, it's cool though that I didn't start really having an opinion on either character until I got into TBS, now I like both of them more now. Especially Surge. :0

*needs to start playing HG again, wut*

This, really.

Same here, it's cool though that I didn't start really having an opinion on either character until I got into TBS, now I like both of them more now. Especially Surge. :0

*needs to start playing HG again, wut*

Same here. TBS got me to love both Koga and Surge more and more!

Do you think Koga and/or Surge considers themselves gay?

Well....In my HC They don't. The trope If It's You It's OK plays here.

In my HC, Koga has a sure fire case of "It's ok if it's you" going on.
Surge though, I think it totally secure in the fact that he likes men. I think he figured it out pretty young and is just chill about it. He knows he's a bad ass.

Have you noticed out of all the TBS fanart, there are no kissing ones....?

Why I'm searching for them is.....um....

I have no idea why, but with your ideas of them meeting in THE WAR and Surge being gay, my mind suddenly jumped to the whole DADT (don't ask, don't tell) thing. o__0 lmfao would that even be in Pokeworld?

I think I can push a Bi The Way on Surge because I can see him attracted to women also.

Yeah, I can see Surge as bi. I suppose there have been cases of people having feelings for someone of the same gender when before they had no implications of being homosexual.

For an actual headcanon...eh, I haven't really fully devoloped one. I've noticed that it's different from zel's, though. It's more of a Specialverse headcanon. When it comes to gameverse, I generally accept zel's headcanon.

Koga's father held very firm to his traditions, and made Koga follow them. His ideas of discipline to some people leaned toward the abusive, but in a way, it helped Koga learn. His mother wasn't as strict, though she died early.

Years later, Koga turned out like his father at a young age: strict, crude, but overall a good man (well, you know the trope: Good is Not Nice). He eventually married a woman(still have yet to give a proper name) and had a little girl named Janine. Life was good, at least.

It is sad to say that she died due to mysterious causes (or something less cliche if I think of something). Koga forced himself to move on and raise his daughter to be a ninja, just as his father taught him. However, Koga realizes that the changing world really has no room for the people with "old-fashioned" beliefs. To have the one woman he loved and the traditions he held on so close to die within a short time was not good. Something in him snapped.

Slowly but surely, Koga's mind developed into a mindset that was similar to "screw tradition." I still have yet to figure how exactly Koga got into Team Rocket...orz. Despite Koga's father's attitude, he used his skills for good. Koga, however, had his morals twisted after a while. During the day he pretended to be a good guy, but at night, he was doing odd jobs for Giovanni. He developed into a sadistic little mofo. In turn, he meets a blonde sadistic mofo. So Yeah.

TC;CR (too confusing, couldn't read): Koga falls from Lawful Good to Chaotic Evil. That's the jist of it. I based it off the fact that ninjas in history were known as assassins who used unorthodox methods to kill their targets. And since Special!Koga isn't known for being honorable, there you go.

And for Surge...idk I need to think some more.

My goodness, my headcanon is so radically different from what people generally think, I feel like the black sheep of the discussion. :'T

Last edited:
OH SHIT SON
i haven't posted here in foreverrrr D;
i'mma try and be more active, i swear~
gotta keep the TBS love alive /fistpump

ANYWHO. i finally finished translating the two short comics that i mentioned a while back. i'mma post the links in the directory in just a moment, but i'll post the links here too for good measure:
4-page comic from makumaru
7-page comic from the matikyou anthology

if you wanna download either of them (though idk why you would) there should be a link on the side. PLEASE NOTE that i do not know any japanese, and thus was forced to look up each kanji individually. these translations are heavily improvised and may be full of fail. thank you for your patience and patronage /lol

also, @system - i love your mangaverse HC =o
i really gotta write a fic about koga in TR someday...

I LOVE the comics!!!! You are the Queen of TBS zel!

XD I should be writing my fic right now but I'm so happy!

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom