• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's White 2 Team Replacement Run

Log #31-Lentimas Town & Reversal Mountain
275px-Black_2_White_2_Bianca.png
Lentimas Town
Flying with Professor Juniper, Bianca, and Skyla, I arrived at Lentimas Town, which is a desert town over the mountains. Here, I checked the grass for the first of my newest Team members. These were:
Camerupt
Skorupi
Drifblim

I flew back to Mistralton City, intent to do some training. While I was working on this training (Audino Farming), I managed to somehow find an elusive Pokemon, Zangoose, which I had not captured in the previous capture set. I added it to my Team, then trained all but Drifblim to Level 40.

Reversal Mountain
Taking the plane back to Lenimas Town, I headed into Reversal Mountain. I managed to run into Bianca, who healed up the Team. At this point, my Team was:
Camerupt
Drapion
Zangoose

I helped Bianca investigate Heatran (the monster wasn't there), battled all the trainers in the mountain, then arrived just outside of Undella Town. I added Beartic (from my previous Team), giving it Surf, since I need a Pokemon who could surf to explore the area of Undella Town. In the next Log, we will be exploring Undella Town. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #32-Undella Town to Opelucid City
OMG! I have so much to cover right now! Here we go!
320px-Undella_Town_Summer_B2W2.png
Undella Town
Undella Town is a seaside town that is usually full of vacationers. To remind people, I had:
Camerupt
Drapion
Zangoose
Beartic (from my previous Team)

I found myself accidentally in battle with Hugh that I nearly lost. His Unfezant (Level 39) & Simipour (Level 39) were nothing compared to his Emboar (Level 41). His Emboar almost destroyed my Team singlehandedly. It was crazy! After I defeated Hugh, he ran off to Route 13, and I surfed through Undella Bay, where I caught a Spheal (Level 37). Spheal was then trained through Reversal Mountain, eventually becoming a Sealeo. I placed Beartic in the other box, gave Sealeo Surf, then continued to explore Undella Bay, where I captured a Jellicent, which was just floating out there. I also cleared all of the trainers in Undella Bay.
Unova Route 13.jpg

638Cobalion_BW_anime.png
Route 13
Continuing onto Route 13, I captured a Tangela and Absol. I used the Lucky Egg to get Tangela to Tangrowth and Absol trained up. My new squad was:
Camerupt
Drapion
Zangoose
Sealeo
Tangrowth
Absol

While I was on the Route, I attempted to catch Cobalion (Level 45), while my Team was Level 43. Unfortunately, I was unable to catch it, and eventually I bypassed it, continuing onto Lacunosa Town.
646Kyurem_BW_anime.png
Lacunosa Town
In Lacunosa Town, Professor Juniper & Bianca introduced me to the possibility of another Legendary Dragon, Kyurem, which, legend states, scared the people of the Town. I was encouraged to go talk to Drayden in Opelucid City to see what he knew about the Dragons, since he is supposed to be knowledgeable in Dragon Types and lore. I also teamed up with Hugh to clear out some Team Plasma people. No clue what they are doing here...

Before I continued on, I continued training with Audino Farming on Route 13 until my Team was Level 44, with Sealeo turning into Walrein.
320px-Village_Bridge_Summer_B2W2.png
Village Bridge
Village Bridge and the surrounding area was great for training. I occasionally had to heal using the first house, but that was okay. At this point, I had enough Team diversity to beat the trainers I came across. It was fun!
640Virizion_BW_anime.png
Route 11
On Route 11, I beat a few trainers, running into Virizion (Level 45). Like Cobalion, I bypassed it, but unlike Cobalion, I didn't even engage it in battle. Just decided to move on. I finally found myself on the edge of Opelucid City.

My Team Now:
Camerupt
Drapion
Zangoose
Tangrowth
Walrein
Absol

In the next Log, we will go into Opelucid City proper and onward to Route 9. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Thank you all so much for 3,000 Views! It means so much!

Future Logs!
Hey Folks!
So, I have decided to show you guys what the next Logs will be, coming soon!
Log #33-Opelucid City & Route 9
Log #34-Opelucid Gym (Gym #7)
Log #35-The Frozen Wonderland of Opelucid City
Log #36-Tubing To Humilau
Log #37-Humilau Gym (Gym #8)

Please look forward to these!

Log #33-Opelucid City & Route 9
Shopping Mall Nine.jpg
Opelucid City
Now properly in Opelucid City, I ran into Iris again, who encouraged my success against Drayden, her "grandpa". She also encouraged me to continue onto Route 9. Not feeling ready to take on Drayden, I took on Route 9.

Route 9
There are 2 major elements on Route 9. The first was a biker gang. The second was the massive Regional shopping mall. In this Mall, I was asked to buy a Hyper Potion by a rich lady and took on some battles. After I beat the biker gang, I headed to Route 13, where I used the Lucky Egg and Audino Farming to get my squad to Level 50.

Opelucid City
Finding myself ready to take on Drayden, I headed to the Opelucid Gym. In the next Log, we will take on Drayden! Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #34-Opelucid Gym (Gym #7)
Drayden.jpg
Opelucid Gym
In this Gym, I had:
Camerupt
Drapion
Zangoose
Tangrowth
Walrein
Absol

This Gym was very challenging, mainly because I didn't have too many Pokemon that could even face them, with even Walrein being a bit slow. Drapion is a bit bulky, which is good. There was a Rotation and Triple Battle here as well.

Finally, I got to Drayden. He opened with Druddigon (Level 46), and I opened with Drapion (Level 50). It was a back and forth fight, but Drapion beat it, mainly with a combination of Poison Fang and Venoshock. Next for Drayden was Flygon (Level 46), who took out Drapion with Earth Power. I sent out Tangrowth (Level 50), which used a combination of Wring Out, Giga Drain, & Ancient Power to defeat Flygon. Lastly for Drayden was his Haxorus (Level 48). Walrein managed to take out Haxorus with a few Ice Fangs, despite Haxorus powering with Dragon Dance. Drayden went down easier than I expected.

Drayden asked me to meet with him to talk about the Dragons. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #35-The Frozen Wonderland of Opelucid City
Plasma Frigate.png
Opelucid City
At Drayden's request, I met with him to discuss about the dragons of Legend. Apparently, his family has been tasked with defending Unova since the days when the three dragons, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem, were one. He showed me the DNA Splicers, which allows the dragons to once again merge. Suddenly, a loud boom is heard, and as we rush outside, we see Team Plasma flying a pirate ship and freezing Opelucid City with large pillars of ice!

I beat a few Plasma grunts, then free Opelucid City, though I am still skating around. I also battle some of the Shadow Triad. With the evil team all cleared out, I head back to Undella Town. From Undella Town, we will take the Marine Tube to Humilau City. In the next Log, we will do just that. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #36-Tubing To Humilau
Marine Tube.jpg
Undella Town --> Humilau City
Once I got back to Undella Town, I took a slow journey through the Marine Tube. This was really a nice touch by the game! You could spend all day in here, watching the aquarium. I had a mission to do however!

Once I reached the other side, I met with Hugh, who encouraged me to take on the Humilau Gym before joining with him to hunt down Team Plasma. In the next Log, we will do just that. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #37-Humilau Gym (Gym #8)
124px-Black_2_White_2_Marlon.png
Before I went into Humilau Gym, I put a Big Root on Tangrowth and Quick Claw on Zangoose. This is the final Gym! Let's go!

Humilau Gym
This Gym was really creative with the lily pad puzzle to get to Marlon. Drapion was deadly here, being able to reliably hit Poison Fangs and Toxic the Gym Trainer Pokemon. It was cool. Once I got to Marlon, he started with Carracosta (Level 49) and I opened with Zangoose (Level 51). Two Close Combat attacks took down Carracosta, despite the fact it used Shell Smash. Marlon sent out Wailord (Level 49), and I sent out Drapion (Level 51), hoping I could get lucky with the Poison. That was not to be, though, as Wailord eventually defeated Drapion. Tangrowth managed to finish Wailord, though Wailord was able to use Bounce once and hit some with Scald. One Giga Drain took Wailord down. Finally for Marlon was Jellicent (Level 51). Jellicent would use Ominous Wind, getting a Omni Boost. Tangrowth managed to defeat Jellicent, winning me the final Badge. Marlon swam off, and I left.

Hugh met with me (and Marlon) outside the Gym, intent to track down Team Plasma. He gave me directions to go to Route 22. On the next Log, we will do just that. In my next Posting, I am going to be making an announcement. Until the next time, we will see you!

My Plan Moving Forward
Ok, so I am using this to make a few announcements. 1st, I am making two Teams out of Pokemon that have been important in the Gym Battles in order to finish the game.

Team 1
Serperior
Zebstrika
Darmanitan
Lucario
Walrein
Swanna
Team 2
Drapion
Eelektross
Arcanine
Tangrowth
Beartic
Crobat
Announcement 2: This Playthrough has been absolutely Exhausting! Most times, I can only post one posting a week, and it takes a lot of time to create one Posting and set up what I need to do. It's a lot of production time. With that said, I am taking a break from this Playthrough, at least for a while. Don't worry, I will be back!What will I be doing instead? I am moving forward to a much more exciting Playthrough. What will be the next Playthrough? I will be doing a Pokemon Y Nuzlocke! This will not be a Modified Playthrough. It will feature the base Rules of a Nuzlocke. The full ruleset will be Posted when I properly set it up in the next thread. Please look for it shortly.

Thank you for your support, and I will be back to this one.

My Plan Moving Forward
Since the Pokemon Y Nuzlocke should be wrapping up shortly, I will be posting here in the coming days. This is especially important, since Summer is here, and I will have a lot more time. Patience is key! If you are a fan, please like this post so we can get the support for this one rolling again.

THANK YOU!

My Plan Moving Forward
I want to discuss my Teams right now, before I start doing my Training later today or early tomorrow.

My Discussion:
I am going to make my Level Cap right now Level 51 since that is what my highest Pokemon are in both Teams. I am mostly going to do Audino Farming.

Audino Farming Round 1:
Virbank Complex (Snivy, Riolu)
Audino Farming Round 2:
Lostlorn Forest (Growlithe, Crobat)
Audino Farming Round 3:
Route 7 (Darumaka, Ducklett)
Audino Farming Round 4:
Route 11 (Zebstrika, Eelektross, Beartic)

Once I am ready, I will go to the next Log, which many of you have been waiting for, as I have!

Team 1Team 2
Snivy (Level 13)Drapion (Level 51)
Zebstrika (Level 41)Eelektross (Level 41)
Darumaka (Level 30)Growlithe (Level 22)
Riolu (Level 13)Tangrowth (Level 51)
Walrein (Level 51)Beartic (Level 41)
Ducklett (Level 33)Crobat (Level 27)

Log #38-Route 22, Route 21, Seaside Cave, & Plasma Frigate
319px-Colress_SM_concept_art.png

115px-639Terrakion_BW_anime.png

Plasma Frigate.png
OMG! I am back in a BIG WAY! Thank you for your patience!
Season: Summer

Once I got my Main Team to Level 50-51 before I moved on. Thank goodness for Lucky Egg!
Main Team

Serperior
Zebstrika
Darmanitan
Lucario
Walrein
Swanna

Route 22
From Humilau City, I found my way to Route 22, where I began battling a few trainers. I also ran into Colress, who gave me a Colress Device then departed. Terrakion was sitting out there wanting me to try to capture it (Level 45). I bypassed it for a bit. I will catch all of the Swords of Justice eventually. but not for now.

Route 21 & Seaside Cave
Route 21 was very challenging to travel through, since it took a bit to get through the rocky areas that sat above the water. Eventually, I got to the Seaside Cave. Seaside Cave was troublesome to try to travel through, and it took me a few tries to figure it out. Once I did, I got to the water and eventually found my way out after awakening a Crustle who was blocking my path.

Plasma Frigate
I teamed up with Hugh to take on the Team Plasma Grunts. I eventually found my way to a location to heal, which I desperately needed occasionally. I managed to beat all of the Grunts, though Hugh was super helpful here, especially in the last fight with Zinzolin. Team Plasma wanted to do what they did to Opelucid (freezing it), across the entire Region, using Kyurem. By defeating Team Plasma for now, I stopped their mission for now, though they did fly away in their ship. I was directed to go to the Giant Chasm. Before I did that however, I went to the Nimbasa City Stadiums to balance my Team to Level 53. Once I did that, I headed to Giant Chasm.

Giant Chasm
It took me a bit to get to the right location, the right Cave exit. Once I did, I found Cheren, Hugh, and a bunch of Team Plasma grunts. In the next Log, we will take on the fights at Giant Chasm. Until the next time, we will see you!

Thank you all so much for waiting for this Posting! It took me quite a while to actually get through the training and the like, as you all know! Thank you for the support!

Log #39-Giant Chasm, Plasma Frigate, & Ghetsis
664px-Black_2_White_2_Team_Plasma_Grunts.png
Giant Chasm
With Hugh & Cheren assisting, I cleared out a few Team Plasma grunts. Most of the area was frozen, so I had to do some sliding to get to the Plasma Frigate. Eventually, I got there without too much problems.
319px-Colress_SM_concept_art.png

320px-Shadow_Triad_B2W2_Trailer.png
Plasma Frigate
I battled many more Grunts, which really exhausted my Team. Luckily, there was a Doctor on the ship, and every so often I would go back and heal up. I had to travel around and deactivate an electrified fence. Once I had gotten through there, I battled Colress. It was a bit of a challenging fight, though Zebstrika and Darmanitan were able to lead the charge. Afterward, he gave me a warning about Ghetsis, then departed.

As I arrived at Ghetsis office, I found myself in battle with the Shadow Triad, which I eventually cleared as Ghetsis escaped. Once I bested them, they gave Hugh back the Purrloin they had stolen 5 Years before. However, it was now a Liepard. Hugh's goal was complete. Mine was not. It was time to battle Ghetsis and end Team Plasma once and for all!
240px-646Kyurem-White.png

Ghetsis.jpg
Final Battle With Ghetsis
Stage 1: White Kyurem

This was a 2 stage fight. Ghetsis attempted to Freeze me using Kyurem, and N came out of nowhere to save me! After an argument between the two, Ghetsis forced Reshiram and Kyurem to merge (the first ever fusion in the game), then forced me to fight it. Most of my Team was Level 55, same as White Kyurem. I wasn't sure what the Typing of this thing even was. As I write this (after the fact), I found out it was Dragon and Ice, same as Kyurem. I opened with Walrein, thinking that I might be able to challenge it and limit the effectiveness. Even though Walrein went down, it had done a lot of damage to White Kyurem. I brought out Zebstrika to try to continue the outspeed, but it fell. Last for me to send out was Serperior, who finally ended White Kyurem. Unfortunately, you can't catch it fused.

Stage 2: Ghetsis
Stage 2 was the final battle with Ghetsis. This was a hard fight. He opened with Cofagrigus (Level 50) and I opened with Walrein. It was a tough back and forth, with Walrein taking the win, but fainting soon after due to Poison damage. Next was Eelektross (Level 50), and I sent out Zebstrika. Zebstrika fell to repeated Crunch attacks from Eelektross. Sending out Darmanitan, it finished Eelektross. Ghetsis sent out Seismitoad (Level 50), and I sent out Serperior. In an easy win, one Giga Drain took it out. He sent out Drapion (Level 50), and Darmanitan came out again, easily defeating Drapion. Next for Ghetsis was Hydreigon (Level 52).

Discussion Ahead
Can we take a moment to discuss this? How did he get a Hydreigon at Level 52?! Zweilous evolves into Hydreigon at Level 64. I know they talk about Lance having 3 Level 50 Dragonites, but that is not as steep of a difference at this one. Ghetsis' Hydreigon is 12 Levels lower! This is insane! How did that happen?!
Discussion Over

I defeated Hydreigon using Lucario. A single Aura Sphere took it down. Cheaters have to pay! Finally, I defeated Toxicroak (Level 50) using Swanna. Toxicroak was quickly defeated, and with it, Ghetsis. Ghetsis left, the Shadow Triad helped him escape, and Team Plasma was finally defeated.

My Plan Moving Forward
I am going to go to Route 23 and get to the Victory Road. Once I can Fly back there, I want to go after the Swords of Justice and see if I can go capture them finally. We are setting up to take on the Unova Elite Four! In the next Log, we will go on Route 23. and get to the Victory Road. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #40-Route 23
N.jpg
Giant Chasm
It took me a while to find my way to Route 23, even having to go back to talk to Hugh to figure out how to get to the Victory Road. Eventually, I managed to do so, using a hidden passageway.

Route 23
I battle many trainers on Route 23, which led me to the Badge Check Gate, where I met with N. He talked to me for a bit, then gave me Waterfall. I passed through the gates, which were very cool with the scanning. After that, I checked into the Pokemon Center, where I could now Fly back there whenever I was ready.

The Unova Victory Road requires Surf, Strength, & Waterfall, with Flash & Cut as optional. I gave Walrein Waterfall (it already has Surf), replacing Hail. Lucario was given Strength (replacing Swords Dance).

My Final Team
Serperior
Zebstrika
Darmanitan
Lucario
Walrein
Swanna

They are all Level 56, but I want to get them to Level 60 before I take on the Victory Road. In the next Log, we will go to get the Swords of Justice. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #41-The Swords of Justice
Before we start this part, I would like to state that I officially managed to get all 3! It was tricky at points, but I managed. It was crazy!

800px-Swords_of_Justice_M15.png

638Cobalion_BW_anime.png
Cobalion (Route 13)
I headed back to Route 13 with 35 Ultra Balls, 25 Great Balls, 6 Timer Balls, a Quick Ball, and the Master Ball. I wanted to do Cobalion first, since it was the first opened up and I could easily get to it. Cobalion (Level 45) faced down first Zebstrika & Darmanitan. It took a few tries, but I eventually caught it. I had no idea that the challenge was just beginning.
640Virizion_BW_anime.png
Virizion (Route 11)
OMG! Virizion (Level 45) was the hardest of the 3 to capture! I actually had to Paralyze it in a few attempts to eventually capture it. It faced Zebstrika, Darmanitan, & Swanna before it was captured. Took many different attempts to get it, but I eventually did. I was so very relieved when I got through capturing it.
115px-639Terrakion_BW_anime.png
Terrakion (Route 22)
Finally, I went to capture Terrakion (Level 45). Of the 3, it only took me 2 attempts to catch it. I used Walrein to weaken Terrakion, and after a few Ultra Balls, I caught it. All 3 Swords of Justice are now mine!

The Next Log
Before I go after the Unova Victory Road, I will be training to Level 60 at least to go through the Victory Road. I will likely get 3 or so levels before I complete the Victory Road. I may want to do a posting afterward with a full analysis of the Unova Elite Four before I actually take them on.

We will take on the Unova Victory Road in the next Log! Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #42-Unova Victory Road
229px-Black_2_White_2_Hugh.png
Unova Victory Road
At Level 56-57, I decided to take on the Victory Road, figuring that if I didn't do well, I could always withdraw. I got to about the midway point, where I ran into a doctor (Doctor Logan), who healed my Team. This area also had Audino, ranging from Level 47-50, meaning I could farm Audino and get healed whenever I needed to.

Through this method, I trained my Team to Level 60. From there, I continued through the caves, eventually reaching the end, where I met up with Hugh. We battled, and it was very close at points, but eventually I beat him. It was a bit concerning though, so I think I will train up a bit more before I take on the League, since I don't have any Super Effective moves for many of their Pokemon.

Elite Four & Champion Discussion
Of the Elite Four, I think Grimsley and his Dark Types will be easiest, followed by Shauntal and her Ghost Types. I don't have a direct response for Caitlin and her Psychic Types or Marshal and his Fighting Types (for the most part), so I think I should over Level quite a bit before I take on the League. I think I am going to try at Level 65, and should that fail, Level 70. I will be training in the Victory Road, doing Audino Farming for a while. Once I feel ready, I will buy the necessary items and move on to the League.

Next Log
In the next Log, we will take on the Pokemon League. I am honestly not sure if I want to do the Post Game stuff for this one. @Greninjaman @Funnylion , if you have any advice on that, please let me know.

Until the next time, we will see you!

Unova Elite Four.jpg

I think you should only do the postgame stuff if you want to. You shouldn't do something just for the sake of doing it if you don't want to.
Yeah. Normally, I like doing Post Game, but most of the Post Game of BW2 is basically going through Eastern Unova, exploring unimportant towns, and most significantly, Legend Hunting. In the Post Game, you get the following Legendaries:
Lake Guardians (Mesprit, Azelf, & Uxie)
Regi Trio (Regirock, Regice, & Registeel)
Cresselia
Reshiram & Kyurem
Latias
Heatran

When I finish the Elite Four & Champion, I think I will call this Run there. I will likely be Level 70 by that time. I am leaning toward setting up my next Run
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke, mainly because Nuzlockes are easier to do than a "Designer" Playthrough (like this one)
, so there is that. I think I will put Links to the other Unova Playthroughs (where I actually did do the Post Game stuff) at the end of the Unova Elite Four Log.

Thanks for the support!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom