• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was your first Shiny Pokémon in SV?

In my Violet playthrough it was a Skiddo after about 3 hours of playing and I almost missed it, then after around 50+ hours in, I found a shiny Gogoat, and then probably around another 50 hours after that; ANOTHER shiny Gogoat, all at full odds lol.

In my Scarlet playthrough, my first shiny was a Corvisquire that I ran into by accident, and then later on post-game I found a shiny Corviknight in a 5 star raid.
Since those I have found over 100 shinies from sandwhich hunting though :giggle:

My first shiny was Flittle, after trying an shining power sandwich on a lark (Violet)

This was followed up by hatching a Ducklett via Masuda breeding (Scarlet)

Last edited:
The first shiny I found (and one of the saddest moments of my playthrough lol) was a full odds shiny Lechonk in the first hour of playing. I attacked it to lower it's health and it decided to immediately die. Since then i've found a shiny Braviary, Rolycoly, and bred a Sprigatito!

Hoppip, pretty closely followed by Diglett. Both of them were before I fought Katy and I haven't found a single one since... (That Hoppip was actually my first shiny EVER, nyot counting event or traded mons.)

Shiny magikarp, coincidentally it was right after I watched the golden magikarp fishing episode of the Pokémon xy anime. Evolved it as fast as I could and channeled my inner “lances red gyarados vibes” sadly it’s gone now as my old switch crashed and became unusable…

I just hatched a shiny Ralts about an hour ago in Scarlet. Didn't keep track of how many eggs it took me, but I was at it for a few hours yesterday and about an hour today.

I've had this game for four days so hey neato. Definitely adding her to my team (I mean that's why I was doing it)

Due to the sheer number of Pokémon that spawn on the overworld every minute, it seems like quite a lot of people have been encountering random shinies in this game. Have you stumbled across any yet?

My first was a full-odds Shiny Luvdisc during the main story.
My first was a shiny gligar I just happened to notice in the bushes and didn’t realize it was shiny at first I just thought it was dark because of the shadow of the mountain. I had come across a shiny sableye early on but fainted it by accident unfortunately :(

Back
Top Bottom