• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was your first shiny?

Which game did you catch your first shiny in?

• Total voters
I don't know if I can actually say it here, cause it was in Scarlet... (Though I will say, I've had probably well over 600 combined hours in all my games and have been playing since 2016, how the hell had I nyever found a shiny before?)

Mudkip, in Emerald.

It just decided to randomly show up in one of my earliest playthroughs of a Pokémon game. It was eventually transferred to HeartGold and trained to Level 100 as Swampert, but became lost in time after. This was about 12 years ago. I don't even know what happened to it lol. Maybe I deleted it by mistake when I erased that HeartGold save file? Maybe I transferred it to White and accidentally deleted it from that save? Whatever it was I guess I stopped caring about it at the time since I did not keep track of it, hardly noticed until  years later despite having very actively played Pokémon, and don't necessarily care that I no longer have it.

Believe it or not, and ignoring things like Red Gyarados that are guaranteed to be shiny, the first shiny I've ever encountered naturally and caught is a shiny Tentacool I caught in Crystal earlier this year. I was surfing from Olivine to Cianwood and getting really sick and tired of Tentacool constantly attacking but when I heard the shiny noise and saw it, I basically screamed internally and made damn sure to not knock it out and catch it. I probably would have said 'Oh god DAMN IT' out loud if I'd made it faint.

I have been playing these games for twenty years pretty much and that was my first shiny.

I nicknamed him Shinycool because I am very creative.

I'm most certain it was a Nincada I found in the friend safari (or whatever it was called.) In Pokémon X. I think I still have it in my copy of Ultra sun.

Want to know the most painful part though? I didn't know at the time that Nincada split into both Ninjask and Shedninja if you allow it (I just thought you only got one) and as I preferred Ninjask, I chose to evolve into that, not knowing I could have got two shinys for the price of one. :shroomad:

My first of the only two shiny Pokemon I’ve ever caught was a Krabby in Cherrygrove City using an old rod.

A shiny pancham in moon. Unfortunately I deleted the save file it was on unknowingly

My very first shiny was a Rhyhorn in the Safari Zone in FireRed. I had heard about shinies for a while, but I was quite surprised when I encountered one. I couldn't have been older than 10 when that happened. I don't remember many details about the encounter, I don't think I feared the Rhyhorn fleeing. I did capture them and evolved them into Rhydon and eventually Rhyperior, but I think they were stuck on my sister's Platinum which has been lost to time.

It was a Spoink in Pokémon Sapphire. Still have it to this day. Really soon after it was Caterpie in Firered,still have it too.

I got a shiny Lokix on the group therapy thing switch I was playing. I got out of the program. But I also got a shiny female Pyroar by miracle in my normal Monotype account my first real shiny for myself. Both in Violet

Back
Top Bottom