• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which gen 8 signature/exclusive move will get distributed!

Reaction score
Soo... the title speaks for itself.

Which signature/exclusive Pokemon moves are gonna be distributed in gen 9.

I have a feeling both Fuecoco and Cetitan will get acces to Jaw Lock

Pawmi is getting Overdrive i reckon.

I can see Grafaiai getting Snipe Shot

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a new Pokémon with Strange Steam, Infernal Parade, Barb Barrage, Eerie Spell, Ceaseless Edge, Bitter Malice, Esper Wing, Shelter, Stuff Cheeks, False Surrender (because Grimmsnarl doesn't need TWO signature moves), or Dire Claw. For the Legends: Arceus-exclusive moves, I'd be curious as to how they would translate into the typical combat system of the rest of the main series.

Cetitan could get Mountain Gale.

Octolock could be distributed to Octillery in Gen 9 if it's there. (After all, Gen 8 didn't just distribute Gen 7 exclusive moves to Gen 8 'mons).

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a new Pokémon with Strange Steam, Infernal Parade, Barb Barrage, Eerie Spell, Ceaseless Edge, Bitter Malice, Esper Wing, Shelter, Stuff Cheeks, False Surrender (because Grimmsnarl doesn't need TWO signature moves), or Dire Claw. For the Legends: Arceus-exclusive moves, I'd be curious as to how they would translate into the typical combat system of the rest of the main series.

Cetitan could get Mountain Gale.

Octolock could be distributed to Octillery in Gen 9 if it's there. (After all, Gen 8 didn't just distribute Gen 7 exclusive moves to Gen 8 'mons).

Tbh, Fidough can probably use Strange Stream.

Barb Barrage for Cetitan is a possibility (It has spikes after all).

I feel Snipe Shot will get distributed to Remoraid and Octillery in Gen 9. The move is about shooting the target with a precise blast of water, and the Remoraid line is all about shooting things. And given some of the strange moves the Remoraid line gets (like Bullet Seed, which would normally be used against it due to being a Grass move), I can see it getting Snipe Shot.

Fidough getting Strange Steam seems very likely.

And I can see Grafiaiai getting Dire Claw, given the fact it's a Poison type and it uses poison with its hands/claws.

Also Cetitan getting Mountain Gale feels very likely.

Give Spirit Break to another Pokémon please; the only other physical Fairy-type move is Play Rough.

Honestly, I could see the following moves get distributed to more Pokemon (even if it's not immediately in Scarlet/Violet):
  • Pyro Ball
  • Snipe Shot
  • Stuff Cheeks
  • Jaw Lock
  • Tar Shot
  • Octolock
  • Magic Powder
  • Spirit Break
  • Obstruct
  • Decorate
  • No Retreat
  • Psyshield Bash
  • Dire Claw
  • Barb Barrage
  • Chloroblast
  • Ceaseless Edge
  • Victory Dance
  • Bitter Malice
  • Esper Wing
  • Shelter
  • Mountain Gale
I would include some Legendary signature moves but those barely get distributed so I won't bother.

Court Change could work; Cinderace is a soccer player but the English name at least doesn’t sound tied down to just that. It would be really useful for a lot of Pokémon to have too and would probably leave a major mark on the entry hazard meta.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom