• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who does Ash love?

Who does Ash love?

• Kasumi (Misty)

Votes: 183 50.7%
  • Haruka (May)

Votes: 63 17.5%
  • Hikari (Dawn)

Votes: 63 17.5%
  • Other female character (please specify)

Votes: 52 14.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey probably may appear, DP looks like it won't shy away from old characters.

That's why May hasn't even been referenced yet, despite Hikari being a coordinator and thus Ash/Brock should have mentioned her on-screen to her a while ago, right? :rolleyes:

It's definitely shying away from Misty, May and Max at least. None of them even get referenced.

Even Tracey is getting more than them in D/P. WTF!

For the three characters in the poll, I think Ash's level of friendship towards them goes...

Misty > May > Hikari

Hikari is only at the end because they haven't been travelling for long. At the end of the saga, she will be on level with May.

Misty was extended to being a "best friend" - something that he has only included Pikachu in before or since - which was what made her realise that he does have feelings for her even if he doesn't realise it yet. "Now I know how you feel about me, Ash Kechum."

I never do ships, but the shippy references I have been coming across recently are a tad bit too much...

Well, people have said that he loves (or is loved by) (in no order at all) Misty, May, Hikari, Latias, and Melody. I have looked at some of the ships, and I find some good (I stress the double, seperate stressing here) edvidence to back Pokeshipping, Advanceshipping, and Altoshipping (Misty, May, and Latias). I had at a time liked Altoshipping, but seeing how shipping debates usually involves a lot of intense emotion over nothing (or, to put it another way, over something that should have been taken in a lighthearted manner), I never voiced that out anywhere, and I steer clear of any shippy discussion, even those that advocate NoShipping.

Some of the so-called shippy hints used by some people to push their theory is so absurd I mentally faint, and some of the better shippy hints I see sometimes (such as that scene in Pokémon: The Power of One/Revelation Lugia where Misty rescues a out-cold Ash in water) gives me the creeps and the cringe. Shippers, I see, usually tend to contort something that otherwise really mean nothing or is just a plot point to get the story going into a ship or push an existing ship, and then a whole community grows around or against that ship or comes together and agree or bite back. Shippy discussions tend to descend into idiocy, childishness, and fighting, and there's a reason Wikipedia avoids them like the plague (edit wars, that is).

Some ships I see are so absurd I wonder who's the bored guy who thought up of them instead of doing something better. For example (picking a random ship from this list), Flyingshipping; whoever thought up of this seems to me like a person who spends too much time fantasizing about Pokémon.

Before I go, a disclaimer, in case someone pulls me or this post down into one of their shippy debates (and I'm putting this in caps to get my point across, so excuse me): THIS POST IS NOT AIMED TO PUSH ANY SHIPPING THEORIES, NOR DID I EVER INTEND TO BASH ANY SHIPPERS OR ANYONE ELSE WITH THIS POST. MY COMMENTS ARE SOLELY MY OWN PERSONAL THOUGHTS ON THE ISSUE. WHILE MY COMMENTS HERE MAY SEEM I SUPPORT ONE SHIP OR THE OTHER, MY OFFICIAL POSITION IS ONE OF NEUTRAL - I DO NOT SUPPORT OR IS AGAINST ANY FORM OF SHIPPING, INCLUDING NO SHIPPING AT ALL.

For the three characters in the poll, I think Ash's level of friendship towards them goes...

Misty > May > Hikari

Hikari is only at the end because they haven't been travelling for long. At the end of the saga, she will be on level with May.

The thing about May and Hikari, is May had a much stronger attachment to Ash at the start of AG than Hikari has now. Most of it was because May couldn't even battle and relied on Ash to get anywhere, but she also got to travel alone with him for a little while.

While watching AG, it was easily apparent that May was closer to Ash than say...Brock. But while watching D/P, Hikari doesn't seem as close to Ash as May did. She seems to be in friend territory with both Ash and Brock, and you can't tell who she feels closer to.

Also of note Ash/Misty and Ash/May got to travel alone for a little bit, whereas Hikari joined Ash while Brock was already there.

The thing about May and Hikari, is May had a much stronger attachment to Ash at the start of AG than Hikari has now. Most of it was because May couldn't even battle and relied on Ash to get anywhere, but she also got to travel alone with him for a little while.

While watching AG, it was easily apparent that May was closer to Ash than say...Brock. But while watching D/P, Hikari doesn't seem as close to Ash as May did. She seems to be in friend territory with both Ash and Brock, and you can't tell who she feels closer to.

Also of note Ash/Misty and Ash/May got to travel alone for a little bit, whereas Hikari joined Ash while Brock was already there.

i agree. hikari is right between ash and brock so you can't tell her preference. in all honesty, it seems as if she spends more time with brock rather than ash, but that's mostly because she has no choice (ash is either battling, or something else)

may is like misty. she got to spend time with ash alone. however, i think the bond between ash and misty is stronger, even though misty to some people is a "thing of the past", because she was his first friend in the beginning of his pokemon journey. She was also the first person he met and travelled with. and yeah, Misty is ash's "best friend". ash is close to may too, but not as close as misty was (may didn't grab ash as much as misty did ;P)

i also agree with Scott85 on the misty>may>hikari thing (explained above ;D)

I think he has to or had to have fancied Misty if he fancied anyone (or the other way round) because who would follow a guy round for two years (in the anime, about seven in reality) just because he trashed her bike?
P.S. She still hasn't gotten it back ^_^.

Misty got her bike back in Gotta Catch Ya Later. May didn't really care about her bike and Hikari never even mentioned hers to Ash.

You make valid points. The only thing there I would disagree with is his friendship with Brock. I've definately felt a strong comradeship between the two since he returned for D/P.

Though from what I've seen, it seems to be conjecture that mainly depends on how much you like the character.

With the recent Contest episode, Hikari may not be going for guys at all. ^_^

With the recent Contest episode, Hikari may not be going for guys at all. ^_^

XD that's true, it seems as if she has become infatuated with Nozomi. or she could just really admire her....(after neevr really seeing her befoer fufufufufufufu)
XD XD Oh wow, that would make it like, the first shojo-ai coupling in Pokemon! XDXD LMAO LMAO LMAO

Yeah, we know Ash loves his mom. We're discussing the people he could romantically love in this thread.

Yeah, we know Ash loves his mom. We're discussing the people he could romantically love in this thread.
Well... No, no I won't go there. Gotta stay with potential canon...

I think he loves-- No, wait, guys aren't canon options either.

...Aha! Pikachu! Regardless of gender, it's the closest to canon loving Satoshi is getting at this point. Yes, my vote goes to Pikachu. He'd ditch all three of those girls for him/her/it.

Wow, I never saw that episode where Misty gets her bike back, then again I don't have sky any more...

Last edited by a moderator:
LANCE! Of the Pokemon G-Men!

... I am very intrigued that someone stood up for Championshipping. ^^ But I don't actually see it happening in canon. Ash *is* too wrapped up in pokemon training and battling and whatnot to be interested in girls, and though Misty and/or May and/or even Hikari may have romantic feelings for him, he's completely and totally oblivious!

And I agree that Pikachu is the best bet. *Ponders* Because it does seem that Ash loves Pikachu the most, and it could... somehow... possibly be romantic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom