• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who does Ash love?

Who does Ash love?

• Kasumi (Misty)

Votes: 183 50.7%
  • Haruka (May)

Votes: 63 17.5%
  • Hikari (Dawn)

Votes: 63 17.5%
  • Other female character (please specify)

Votes: 52 14.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
She blushed and pushed Casey away from her with a gentle shove. Why do girls do this?

You tell me.

A look of irritation on her face. Her face doesn't look embarassed at all, unless you're only taking in account of her face being red.

Compare that with this scene where Misty actually looks humbled and has a rather panicked look on her face.

Misty is embarassed in one of these scenes. Pick one.

This is about Ash. STAY ON TOPIC!
In my humble opinion, the only female Ash loves right now is his Aipom.
They really do belong together.

I've always thought that Misty loved Ash, but I'm not sure if Ash loves Misty at the moment...

Actually, I think Misty unintentionally (or maybe intentionally) blurted something out about marriage at some point during the anime series, I think it was the episode with Teddiursa ("Unbearable"?) . Anyway I'm not 100% sure - I may have miseheard, it may have been another episode or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about altogether! XD But I thought I heard it somewhere...

That line was in, "The Heartbreak of Brock" from Johto. Its dub added however, so pay no mind to it.

Misty says, "You and I will be married someday" and Ash gets shocked in the dub, whereas in the original she says something totally different.

I really think 4kids contributed to the elitism of the rabid Pokeshippers back during that era, which is why they threw whiny and pissy fits when the writers took her off the show and dumped her at Cerulean Gym. 4kids also took the flashback in GCYL and replaced scenes of Misty and her triumphs with a bunch of out-of-place and mushy Pokeshipping scenes. Ugh, the original flashback was about Misty leaving her friends, not about Misty/Ash fandom.

Good thing 4kids didn't add any Pokeshippy moments in AG, because there weren't any, considering Misty seems to have gotten over her crush and accepts the fact that Ash will just be her good friend and she might as well move on. I see it as an excellent and defining character moment for Misty and I'm glad the writers have handled it well. I must praise them for that.

Although I do find it amusing that PUSA has added some Contestshipping and Advanceshipping hints. :p

It makes you think that the American translators are desperate for romance on the show and want more than what the Japanese writers do.

Good thing 4kids didn't add any Pokeshippy moments in AG, because there weren't any, considering Misty seems to have gotten over her crush and accepts the fact that Ash will just be her good friend and she might as well move on.
You're going to have to explain why the PokeShipping hint in A Date With Delcatty isn't a PokeShipping hint.

Well, it's a fact that Misty likes Ash, but... I don't know if he really loves anyone yet. As others have said, his main love is his Pokemon and battling. But... I vote Misty ^^

I say Ash doesn't have any real romantic inclinations for someone presently. I think the only way he's really going to start facing up to it more is when he's done with...whatever on earth he's trying to accomplish. Wish the term Pokemon Master was easier to "get". What, you gotta go and defeat all the leagues, etc? I don't think romance is a top priority for him right now, obviously. Now, I'll be one surprised little fan if he eventually gets what he's aiming for and doesn't hook up with Misty. Personally, I see the chances of that happening than him settling down (faaar in the future) than May or anyone else, anyway. As the question is, in the present-sense...I say none of them...he ain't got no in-love-ings for anyone.

Well... No, no I won't go there. Gotta stay with potential canon...

I think he loves-- No, wait, guys aren't canon options either.

...Aha! Pikachu! Regardless of gender, it's the closest to canon loving Satoshi is getting at this point. Yes, my vote goes to Pikachu. He'd ditch all three of those girls for him/her/it.

My vote also goes to Pikachu!

It's like Taitofan said, the closest to canon loving Satoshi is getting at this point.

Well, he loves pikachu most, aaand then maybe aipom, then misty. But when Statoshi gets older misty is the one...

You're going to have to explain why the PokeShipping hint in A Date With Delcatty isn't a PokeShipping hint.

We've debated about that before, Casey is edging her on and she's in front of that filler boy, isn't she? She has a crush on a boy, but it's not confirmed to be anyone. There was not a single mention or nod towards Ash in that entire episode.

Psyduck laughing means Psyduck knows this person good and well. While Psyduck hasn't seen Ash in ages, (was Psyduck even aware of Pokeshipping back in Kanto/Orange/Johto? I honestly don't remember it being in any Pokeshippy scenes), Tracey is around the Gym often. Hm.

Um, no. May loves Harley who loves James who loves Meowth who loves Pikachu who loves Aipom who loves Ash who loves Professor Oak.

Oops I was wrong:
May Loves Drew, Misty loves Ash, Ash loves Misty. Jessie loves James who loves Jessie.

That's almost as complicated as the Contest arc love fest:

Solidad loves Harley, Harley loves May, May loves Drew, Drew love(d) Solidad, Solidad love(d) Drew, Drew loves May, and May hates Harley.

Huzzah!

And with that, the joke is old. But...

Harley also loves Drew and Norman, dur!

We've debated about that before, Casey is edging her on and she's in front of that filler boy, isn't she? She has a crush on a boy, but it's not confirmed to be anyone. There was not a single mention or nod towards Ash in that entire episode.
Misty consistently shown that she liked one guy throughout her tenure on the show. If there's a indirect reference to someone she likes, then it's logical to conclude that the reference was that one guy she liked. The burden of proof is on you to prove that it wasn't Ash.

Last edited:
Wow. I didn't realise this thread was still going. Anyway, carry on...

Anyone find it amusing that on the poll, May is only two votes less than Misty?

Where are all these Advanceshippers on BMG? I used to be like the only one defending the ship, obviously it was pretty popular but Contestshipping always overshadowed it, and the others Advanceshippers never really posted.

Contestshipping is currently the most popular ship in the fandom according to Swifty's various census polls and other threads on various forums, (for obvious reasons), but it seems the lack of Misty in the last 4 years, and obviously the next 4 as well, really did a number on the interest of the ship.

I'm actually curious if interest in the ship will continue to fade over the course of D/P. Technically I don't blame people, the lack of one entire half of the ship since Johto really makes looking forward to Pokeshipping in the new seasons pretty impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom