• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Shinji get a love interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybersai

Reaction score
Since I have nothing better to do on Christmas Eve (ha!), a thought just popped into my head about Shinji. Do you think Shinji will ever get a love interest?

Out of the previous rivals, Gary never got one, (lolz, sorry Palletshippers), Drew had May, Harley had noone, (unless he joins in on the May/Drew fun), and Nozomi looks like she's pinning for Hikari.

But where does that leave Shinji? Will he get a love interest over his run, or be another Gary and fade away into obscurity at the end of D/P?

Last edited:
I'd love for Shinji too have a fangirl.

Of course, he'd pay no attention to her as she tried too convert him.

Unless Ash gets another rival and they and Shinji form a May/Drew/Harley-esque trio, I doubt it.

Considering that the only character ever to get a recurring love interest in the history of the series has been May, I gotta say "no". Hikari might get one though, since the Contest plots lean towards shoujo.

He already has one! Who, you ask?
Well, quite obviously, his Elekid. End of thread.

i think Shinji's gonna end up like Gary or like the rival in GSC.
He'll find out he's Giovanni's son and probably join TR

Drew had May, (I wouldn't be surprised if they've already lost their virginity to each other by now, it really can't go long now without him tapping that)

Dude, you're sick. They are 10 years old.

i think Shinji's gonna end up like Gary or like the rival in GSC.
He'll find out he's Giovanni's son and probably join TR

And what does that have to do with shipping?

As for me, I doubt he'll ever get a love interest. Unless they make Ash or Brock gay out of the blue or Hikari suddenly fangirlin' over him he's pretty much alone.

The age of consent in the Pokemon world is 10 years old. :p

With no Ash/Brock or little brother around, May will probably act much more risque around Drew and vice versa. Apparently May can't stop blushing over Drew nowadays, and Drew is much more friendlier with her than he used to be. Apparently their desire for each other has reached a new threshold.

I'd give them 6 months, tops. And I'm not even a Contestshipper. :rolleyes:

Age of consent in the Pokémon world, at worst, would be the same as the lowest in Japan...which is 13, with the age varying between that and 18. Regardless, it's still underage as far as we're all concerned. Seriously now Scott, when we talk about Shipping, while that sort of thing would obviously happen eventually, as far as we're concerned, none of us would think or want it to happen right now. There's a time and a place for thoughts along those lines, and in the regular shipping forum isn't one of them. You want to talk about underage kids doing each other, you can do it elsewhere.

Drew had May, (I wouldn't be surprised if they've already lost their virginity to each other by now, it really can't go long now without him tapping that)

Kasumi, you seem to be forgetting this is Scott we're talking about. :p

On topic, I'm gonna say that Shinji will keep his lonely, arrogant attitude throughout D/P.

Age of consent in the Pokémon world, at worst, would be the same as the lowest in Japan...which is 13, with the age varying between that and 18.

I meant age of consent according to Murgatroyd's official book he was reading/translating over on the general forum, kids at age 10 are recognized as adults in the Pokemon world according to that which is an official source. (so to speak)

It would make sense why Max had to ask his sister for permission to travel with them back in early Battle Frontier while May is free to go wherever she wants.

There's a time and a place for thoughts along those lines, and in the regular shipping forum isn't one of them. You want to talk about underage kids doing each other, you can do it elsewhere.

Of course, I would never go beyond what I just said.

Scott85 says that all the time. What is he, twenty or twenty-one? And he's always posting how much he likes May and Hikari.

Who doesn't like May and Hikari? (Besides the you-know-who people?)

Archaic said:
There's a time and a place for thoughts along those lines, and in the regular shipping forum isn't one of them. You want to talk about underage kids doing each other, you can do it elsewhere.
Of course, I would never go beyond what I just said.

Said the guy who made a NC-17 rated Advanceshipping sex fic in Serebii. ;(

Who doesn't like May and Hikari? (Besides the you-know-who people?)

I like them, but they are too young for me to masturbate to. (Unlike you-know-who)

I'll stop there. Back on topic, please.

He already has one! And nope, it's obviously Emurit.

Well, Shingi is ok looking, a rival and very harsh, so He must have a soft sopt.
Maybe hikari or Gary.
I dunno.

Hikari and Shinji haven't shared one word together yet, and she was pretty pissed at him at the end of D/P 7.

It seems to me the writers are heading down the Hikari/Nozomi route at the moment, so she's out too unless something changes in the future.

And what does that have to do with shipping?

As for me, I doubt he'll ever get a love interest. Unless they make Ash or Brock gay out of the blue or Hikari suddenly fangirlin' over him he's pretty much alone.

Shipping wise, I mean that any type of relationship he might have with Ash will end on a dull note--like when gary decided to be less arrogant and then (nearly) killing off the following seasons of pokemon by removing ash's main rival. they coulda just brought gary back instead of making a few sick knockoffs.
(the giovanni son part ^-^;; eh that had noting to do with the shipping. i just wanted to say it. )

like when gary decided to be less arrogant and then (nearly) killing off the following seasons of pokemon by removing ash's main rival.

How exactly did removing Gary nearly kill off the following seasons of Pokemon? Gary was only in three episodes of Johto anyway and then just the Johto league. His departure hardly affected the quality of the show in the slightest since he barely ever showed up to begin with.

Ash probably could have used a rival in Hoenn, (Morrison should have been introduced much sooner), but otherwise AG was superb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom