• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Shinji get a love interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...that made me laugh. :D

I'm actually liking Hikari/Shinji now. My main hope is that if it would be canon, they wouldn't rush into it like they did with ContestShipping. Whoa, wait, they rushed into ContestShipping? Yup. Drew had what, three apperances, when the whole "This is for Beautifly, right?" exchange popped up? I would prefer to wait until the end of DP plz.

I, of course, am basing all of this on vague screenshots and rushed conclusions and fully realize I'm typing gibberish. So how did I come to the conclusion that I like Hikari/Shinji?

He's looking down up her skirt in the pic Scott posted. That's why.
You see, crap like this is why I should never post after 10.

I think a lot of people post stuff on these forums that they end up regretting a few days later. :)

Even I think I'm nuts when I go back and read some of my posts from a few months ago.

It was like "I don't know you." and "I forget who you are."

Anyway, Ash sure wanted Shinji to watch his match....a little too much...kinda...o.0

I still support Ash x Shinji, lol.

Besides, who can resist this cute face?

HapShinji.png

XD Well, there goes Ikarishipping. Shinji forgetting who Hikari is = not sexy.

That would make a good running joke if Hikari did crush on Shinji... But yeah, IkariShipping is a no-go for now.

As for Ash/Shinji, Shinji thinks Ash is pathetic at the moment but there's definate potential shown for him changing that view. (Which will happen anyway, just probably not in a romantic way.)

I wouldn't write it off just yet, (and this is coming from soneone who really wants Appealshipping to happen, mind you), the way Shinji doesn't care about Hikari at all at the moment would be ironic if they end up falling for each other at the end of D/P. You know, like May saying "Spare me" when all the mothers were gushing over Drew in Rubello?

Well, Shinji's still got character development to go through so anything could happen yet.

Also true.

I think Shinji and Hikari need to interact a LOT more frequently for Ikarishipping to become a possibility - this is the first time they've had an exchange of sorts, isn't it? They completely ignored each other for Shinji's first three episodes, IIRC.

Hikari and Shinji didn't talk to each other at all in DP3 or DP7 or whatever it was. This is the first real time they interacted with one another. Shinji is only interested in Ash at the moment.

Although I have to say Hikari breaking up the fight between Ash/Shinji as a mediator only to end up outraged at Shinji herself where Brock needs to hold her back is absolutely hilarious.

That it was. XD

My biggest block with Ikarishipping (after the virtually-no-interaction thing) is the fact that Shinji's character development is bound to centre around Ash, not Hikari. What would Shinji and Hikari be able to bring to each other, exactly? I guess if they ever became tentative friends, Hikari could bring Shinji out of his shell a little - he's way too serious for a kid. And by the same token, he could be a calming influence on her. But really, they're more likely to get that from their respective rivals than from each other, if at all.

Ikarishipping may also seem a little too deja vu coming off the heels of AG, where we just had Contestshipping. Its pretty much the same dynamic, it just lacks the roses and the actual rival bit. I'm not sure if the writers would want to work on a ship that would end up being pretty similar to the one they just spent 4 years on, at any rate.

Then again these are the same writers building up a second coordinator from scratch after doing it previously with May for 4 years, so maybe they would have no problem with it. If they had no problem throwing away their own hard work and making it invalid from the last 4 years just to do the same thing over again with Hikari, a similar ship dynamic wouldn't phase them one bit.

The only other characters Hikari could be paired with at the moment is Ash or Nozomi. Pearlshipping probably won't be likely because the writers will be forced to get rid of Hikari at the end of D/P, which would essentially give Pearlshipping the same ending Pokeshipping had. If Ash's story comes to a close with the end of D/P however, I can see it being turned to as the main ship between the hero and heroine of the current saga.

Appealshipping would be swell, seems somewhat more likely than the other two at the moment, but we'll have to wait and see exactly what direction they go with this before jumping the gun.

Ikarishipping may also seem a little too deja vu coming off the heels of AG, where we just had Contestshipping. Its pretty much the same dynamic
Ikarishipping doesn't currently have any dynamic. :p

Maybe Shinji will be with Hikari. Thats what ive been seeing alot of on fanat and Japanese Pokemon sites.

Maybe Shinji will be with Hikari. Thats what ive been seeing alot of on fanat and Japanese Pokemon sites.

I've also seen tons of Pearl and Appealshipping fanart, your point?

The writers give every girl a love interest on the show so Hikari will almost definitely have one as D/P goes on, we just don't know who yet. She has three possibilities at the moment, (Ash, Shinji, Nozomi), so we'll see which one the writers go with.

I'm personally all for Ikarishipping and Appealshipping for Anime Hikari ships. I'm not into girlxSatoshi, so it kinda rules out Pearlshipping for me.

And to be somewhat ontopic:
Even though I like Ikari, I definetly like Shinji with Satoshi, despite the hate the two have for each other.

I'm not sure it's hate. Pikachu hates Shinji (just look at it throughout Shinji's Gym Battle) but with the boys I'm not sure that's it. Shinji just thinks Ash is pathetic, which can definately change in the future. Ash is more clear dislike but his nice nature can still be seen when Shinji isn't saying particularly nasty things.

Yeah, this is more like a Naruto-Sasuke kind of relationship, I mean by looking at how Naruto and Sasuke felt about the other at the beginning of the series. Sasuke always thought Naruto was pathetic and Naruto disliked Sasuke because he was the "asshole" of the class.

Yeah, this is more like a Naruto-Sasuke kind of relationship, I mean by looking at how Naruto and Sasuke felt about the other at the beginning of the series. Sasuke always thought Naruto was pathetic and Naruto disliked Sasuke because he was the "asshole" of the class.

On the flipside, Hikari's certainly not the Sakura of that equation. Otherwise it'd be apparent and give the Ikarishippers more to stand on. As is, I think Shinji's too frigid for anyone (save Ash) to warm his heart.

...Not saying Ash is his love interest, but, yanno what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom