• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your controversial opinions

HMs weren't nearly as bad as people made them out to be. I don't miss them or anything, but they didn't really affect the games negatively. I rarely have useful moves on all four of each of my six pokemon's moveslots anyway; it barely hurts to have cut or rock smash on there
I will agree with that and even say that I wouldn't mind them coming back if only for the fact that we can now have Pokémon forgot and remember moves that they have been taught or learned.

I'm glad Looker hasn't shown up in mainline games after USUM.

Very good character. The man just needs a break. His job requires so much sacrifice and he's been through so much suffering for it throughout his time working.

Maybe two generations is a fair break.

Then they lied about having the 3DS models being apparently future-proof and thus not have to do so much work each generation. So, Gamefreak looks bad here regardless.

Apparently they didn't lie about this, given that according to the article cited, they used, at least until the 8th generation, the same models. The fact is that porting these models to different engines doesn't seem like the most trivial thing in the world.

HMs weren't nearly as bad as people made them out to be. I don't miss them or anything, but they didn't really affect the games negatively. I rarely have useful moves on all four of each of my six pokemon's moveslots anyway; it barely hurts to have cut or rock smash on there
It's not so bad until you want to fast travel but then you realise that you don't have a flying type and non of the ones that look appealing can use Fly. (Like, why can't Yanmega learn fly?)

It's not so bad until you want to fast travel but then you realise that you don't have a flying type and non of the ones that look appealing can use Fly. (Like, why can't Yanmega learn fly?)

Or until you have to figure out how you're going to use HM surf on your mono Fire team.

Or until you have to figure out how you're going to use HM surf on your mono Fire team.
While the hms may not seem like the biggest deal breaker nowadays, situations like this are why I am glad that they transitioned into Ride Pokémon or some variation. Honestly, I do think they can still do some puzzles with Ride Pokémon like they did in Sun and Moon.

monotype teams aren't how they intended the games to be played though. You're supposed to catch and use a diverse team. Not saying there's anything wrong with playing that way, but you can't expect GF to cater to all the artificial restrictions players put upon themselves.

monotype teams aren't how they intended the games to be played though. You're supposed to catch and use a diverse team. Not saying there's anything wrong with playing that way, but you can't expect GF to cater to all the artificial restrictions players put upon themselves.

They encourage you to use a diverse team but they don't force you, you're meant to catch and use whatever you want and bond with your favorite Pokemon more than anything. Making your team choice less restrictive by forcing you to have particular moves in your party can only help the flexibility.

Looking at the SwSh ledendarys, most of them arn't that good.
  • Dogs: Amoung the least intresting cover legends. They don't really impact the story too much (their catching segments feel like an afterthought thrown in the post game.) and they don't have exciting powers like dialga and palkia. Though I am a fan of Zammazenta's design.
  • Eternatus: For it's role, I don't even think it has any actual lore.
  • Ursifu: Barely even a legendary to begin with.
  • Calyrex: Cool story, but I understand people who dislike its design.
I think things are improving slightly with S/V, the box legends are charming and interact with the main story and Ogerpon is brilliant.

the ccriteria for being a legendary pokemon is getting inccreasingly confusing. are they gods? the birds, beasts and mewtwo aren't gods.

In gens 1 & 2 it was more about Pokemon that were rare to find and also strong. Gen 3 & 4 were the ones who introduced the god aspect and got it ingrained on people's minds, though they also had Lati@s and Heatran. From Gen 5 onwards we have received a mix of both, but nope they never have been 100% gods.

Back
Top Bottom