• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

Lost a shiny eevee in safari.
>Doublade used false swipe, eevee left with one HP.
>Wild eevee used take down

Great, just great.

How did Eevee manage to hit a ghost type with Take Down?

Especially since Eevees don't posess Foresight....

That's a great point.. Thanks for the correction guys. Messed up the false swipe 'mon user for safari, since I mostly used doublade..

>Reuniclus used Focus Blast, it missed Lapras

>Reuniclus used Focus Blast, it missed Lapras

>Lapras used Hydro Pump, Critical Hit! Reuniclus fainted!

and

>Garchomp got frozen after it took a direct ice attack with the Yache Berry in hand!

...Seriously game mechanics. *facepalm*

This not only one FUU moment but a collection of alot of FUU moments, basically every freaking time an opponent's pokemon in the Battle Maison/Battle Institute has the exact berry that weakens the damage of the move my pokemon used, i can't count the aumont of water weakening berries i have seen when my Azumarill used Aqua Jet and just now two ground weakening berries in a row when my Nidoking used Earth Power.

In Battle Maison, my poor Roserade gets on the receiving end of too many Flying attacks. Sometimes the flying attack user is faster, so he doesn't get a chance to attack, even though he got Speed investment. From now on, he's going to carry a Coba Berry, while my Dragonite has been taught Rock Slide to deal with pesky fliers.

in my Platinum game, I wanted to catch a Skorupi in the Great Marsh. When I finally find one, I throw mud after mud after mud about 7 times, and it doesn't run away. Then when I finally throw food...

Skorupi fled.

in my Platinum game, I wanted to catch a Skorupi in the Great Marsh. When I finally find one, I throw mud after mud after mud about 7 times, and it doesn't run away. Then when I finally throw food...

Skorupi fled.

The effect of Mud/Bait is actually reversed in Great Marsh when compared to other Safari Zones. I slung Mud at a Pokemon nearly twenty times once and it still stuck around.

wanted a magic guard clefable but with soft boild and moon blast. The amount of attempts to get one to evolve and change its ability from cute charm to magic guard was insane. In the end i used an ability capsule. I swear to god one had a sex change on evolving im sure it was a female clefairy.

Pretty sure that's the only way to change it's ability. It won't change it through evolving, that's for sure.

If the base form has one ability and the evolved form has two, then there's logically a 50% chance that a Pokemon evolving will change its ability to match. But as far as I know the only times this actually happens is between generations (e.g. Zigzagoon/Linoone; sole ability Pickup in Gen 3, Pickup+Gluttony in Gen IV).

In Battle Maison, my poor Roserade gets on the receiving end of too many Flying attacks. Sometimes the flying attack user is faster, so he doesn't get a chance to attack, even though he got Speed investment. From now on, he's going to carry a Coba Berry, while my Dragonite has been taught Rock Slide to deal with pesky fliers.
That sounds like my poor sweet Bisharp. Poor girl always gets the raw end of the Fighting type moves and sometimes I don't see it coming. She's holding a King's Rock but I may switch that with Brightpowder or something of the like. Thankfully, my No Guard Golurk knows Zen Headbutt so he can smack around the Fighters if he must.

Current FUUUUUUU~!!! moment:

After weeks of pointless running, I finally find a wild shiny in my Fighting Safari! ...and it's a female Breloom... :banghead:

Yes, I caught her, which leads to the other FUUUU~!! moment: her IVs are pretty much in the toilet. She's perfect in HP and Attack and that's it. She's only "decent", according to the Judge in Kiloude. Lovely, just slagging lovely. >_<

(On the bright side, she's Adamant with Poison Heal so that's something. And I'm still looking for that blasted shiny Sawk!)

Online battle, with Snorlax vs a Marowak earlier today. For some reason, Marowak's Bonermarang nearly OHKOed my Snorlax (two hits in one turn) - and neither were citircal hits. A big shock to me, because there were times that Snorlax fared better with super-effective hits. This was flat rules, with both adjusted to Lv 50. My reaction? "Huh? Is that Marowak hacked? Or is his attack EV/IV that good??"

Online battle, with Snorlax vs a Marowak earlier today. For some reason, Marowak's Bonermarang nearly OHKOed my Snorlax (two hits in one turn) - and neither were citircal hits. A big shock to me, because there were times that Snorlax fared better with super-effective hits. This was flat rules, with both adjusted to Lv 50. My reaction? "Huh? Is that Marowak hacked? Or is his attack EV/IV that good??"

There's an item called Thick Club, which a Marowak can hold that doubles its Attack stat. That may be why it hit so hard.

During shiny hunting I encountered a Shiny Luvdisk. Using false Swipe to lower its hp for a neat catch it took itself down due to the recoil from his take down xD luckily I found it back the next day and caught is haha

I managed to get to Chatelaine Evelyn...and get destroyed by her Lumineon. There goes 20 BP, yanked out from under me. FUUUUU~!!

(Thinking of trying that again, but switching my Blaziken for my Gardevoir and see if that helps. If not, I may be out a 3DS. And I hate that stinkin' fish!!)

I managed to score 100 points in the Pokémileage Baloon Popping attraction!!!

...and all I got was a fucking Fire Stone. No rare items, none of that, not the Shiny Stone that I actually need. Just something that could easily be bought in the Stone Shop in Miare City.

Last edited:
I never imagined an all-male team would cost me a match.

I was on my 19th Streak in Battle Maison, Doubles, and I met a female Lumineon

which used Attract on every single one of my pokemon

Back to square one :/

Yup, sounds like your Mons definitely got Distracted By The Sexy. Almost reminds me of when I fought Valerie in Y: My team was mostly female, and what's her ace? a MALE Sylveon. Not that it helped her very much, but it was indeed a surprise.

Was trying to search for a female Contrary Shuckle in a Safari. After finally catching one thanks to my Cute Charm Skill Swap Sylveon, I get it judged. It has 31's in HP and Attack, and...

0 in Defense and Special Attack. That's right. A zero in Defense! And the 31 in Attack is unneeded!

No thank you! *wonder trades*

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom