• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

I was chain fishing for a shiny Relicanth and I had a chain of 132, and then I pulled too late. Also I was chaining in grass too and at 44 a Ducklett ruined it -_-

I had my Cofagrigus use Mean Look on an opposing Mienshao.

Mienshao used U-Turn! "Hah, there's a wasted turn, I should be able to set up properly now... now... what... how did... OH COME ON!"

I learned something about Mean Look and U-Turn today...

I never imagined an all-male team would cost me a match.

I was on my 19th Streak in Battle Maison, Doubles, and I met a female Lumineon

which used Attract on every single one of my pokemon

Back to square one :/
Don't tell me, let me guess: in the mood for fried fish afterwards, weren't you? Ugh, that thing is the bane of my existence in the Maison. The moment I see it, I know I'm done. It's even taken out my Mega Gardevoir and my freaking Electivire. I detest that blasted thing. :mad:

Trying to get my Golurk Riser the Skillful Battler Ribbon in the Maison. Oh dear Primus, what a headache that was. I'd get a streak of 17 or 18...and get wiped out like you wouldn't believe. It's as if the AI knew I wanted that battle with the Chatelaine and just decided to screw me over in any way possible. (It took five attempts before a success. What a pain in the skidplate.)

Ugh, [Lumineon] is the bane of my existence in the Maison. The moment I see it, I know I'm done. It's even taken out my Mega Gardevoir and my freaking Electivire. I detest that blasted thing. :mad:
What exactly is it about that fish, anyway? From what I can tell it's got moderate, well-rounded stats, a movepool that looks fairly standard for Water types and no abilities to write home about.

Ugh, [Lumineon] is the bane of my existence in the Maison. The moment I see it, I know I'm done. It's even taken out my Mega Gardevoir and my freaking Electivire. I detest that blasted thing. :mad:
What exactly is it about that fish, anyway? From what I can tell it's got moderate, well-rounded stats, a movepool that looks fairly standard for Water types and no abilities to write home about.

You'll pretty much understand when you meet one in the Battle Maison. That fish is HAX. It's like it was deliberately made to prevent players from achieving a decent streak, or even battling the Sisters.

iIn my first playthrough of X, I spent a whole day trying to get a Pikachu in the Santalune forest. When I finally encounter one. I realized I used my Pokeballs catching every Pokemon I encounter.
I put the game down for a whole day.

You'll pretty much understand when you meet one in the Battle Maison. That fish is HAX. It's like it was deliberately made to prevent players from achieving a decent streak, or even battling the Sisters.

One thing I found out about the Lumineon in the Battle Maison is that they have incredible Special Defense, as it took 3 Thunderbolts from a Zapdos with a Rash nature and a Magnet hold item to take Battle Chatelaine Evelyn's Lumineon out.

iIn my first playthrough of X, I spent a whole day trying to get a Pikachu in the Santalune forest. When I finally encounter one. I realized I used my Pokeballs catching every Pokemon I encounter.
I put the game down for a whole day.

One thing I found out about the Lumineon in the Battle Maison is that they have incredible Special Defense, as it took 3 Thunderbolts from a Zapdos with a Rash nature and a Magnet hold item to take Battle Chatelaine Evelyn's Lumineon out.
Maybe it's holding an Assault Vest?

Maybe it's holding an Assault Vest?
I'm forced to wonder, because normally I have zero trouble with it. I can send it packing first turn. But in the blasted Maison, forget it. It will wipe me, no matter who is on my team. Not even the Dragons that pop up in there are half as awful as that slagging fish. In fact, I'm thinking the reason Lumineon has that simpering little smirk on its face is because it knows it's going to troll you. (There are no words to describe how much I hate it. I never want to see another one of those fish ever again. Not unless I'm throwing it into a nice, hot frying pan.)

I'm on the GTS this morning right after I've weeded and watered my Berry patch. I spot a shiny Golurk for the asking price of a Latios. I hit trade....and I'm told to step off. Somebody all ready got to him. So why in the slag is he still showing up on the GTS?! :banghead:
(Did manage to get one for a level 21 - 30 Giratina, so it wasn't a total loss.)

I have bad luck with critical hits. For some reason, all the NPC's routinely pound me with criticals, and one time, some Gym Leader somehow got 3 freaking critical hits in a row.

I just lost yet another 3v3 battle, this time after only getting four turns in before getting wiped out. Two flinches, two misses. Argh.

I lost to a level 1 Aron... D: it was a clever plan using Endeavor and Sturdy, but seeing my Mega Aggron fall helplessly to a baby was pretty sad

I lost to a level 1 Aron... D: it was a clever plan using Endeavor and Sturdy, but seeing my Mega Aggron fall helplessly to a baby was pretty sad

Rocky helmet and rough skin is your friend when it comes to taking out FEAR variants of certain pokemon, also Ghost types since they're immune to Endeavor, flail, and quick attack.

Remembered another one: Around six years ago I was playing Pokemon Sapphire. After hours of frustrating bicycle puzzles, I'd finally reach the top of Sky Pillar and fought Rayquaza, with every intention to catch it.

Foolish me didn't think about saving right before charging it.

Foolish me knocked it out.

I was so mad about it, I used a Sharpie to scribble out a picture of Rayquaza on some cheap Pokemon poster I had. Just seeing that green sky serpent made me feel disappointed in myself.

So I started back up on my copy of X which I'm doing a Nuzlocke lite (Nuzlite?), and I run afoul of Sky Trainer Colm on Route 8. This trainer seriously shouldn't be here: it's a "par Lv.20" area and his two Pokemon are LV. 28 -- that's stronger than even Grant!

RIP Firefly (the Fletchinder). He couldn't even scratch that Mantyke (even a critical hit only did about 15% damage), and died to a single Water Pulse.

I'm now out a Flyer (at least until Charmeleon evolves).

Trying to breed a Lightning Rod Goldeen. So far I have a few 5IVs... and they're all either Swift Swim or Water Veil! Meanwhile, the Lightning Rod ones don't have enough IVs...

There were a few promising ones, but their Defense was too low for my liking.

I was trolling the Lvl 70 Mewtwo yesterday in Pokemon X. I fought with a Lvl 64 Spiritomb. since Mewtwo's only attack moves are Psychic and Aura Sphere, Spiritomb was immortal. When I wanted to weaken it, I used Shadow Ball. It was a critical hit. Mewtwo used Recover. I followed it up with a Dark Pulse. Mewtwo used Barrier. I thought Mewtwo had enough life to survive another Shadow Ball, so I used it. Critical Hit. Mewtwo fainted.

Last edited:
This battle I had in the Battle Maison earlier this week: J4QG-WWWW-WWW6-NRG8

An Umbreon stalled me for 34 turns! It had curse, moonlight, payback, and confuse ray. (My own Umbreon actually has the same moves, except he has yawn instead of confuse ray.) Confuse ray was the most annoying move, because Umbreon would use it every single time I tried to raise my attack so that I'd have to switch out. The Umbreon couldn't even do much damage to my team, it just made the battle a lot longer than it needed to be. And it would have been even longer if I didn't knock off its leftovers.

Watching your team fall to anyone stings but that's really got to hurt. I myself have lost count of the muttered apologies I've made while at the Maison. (I never blame my team when things go wrong. I'm the one taking the loss while they get the wins. It's just how I am.)

Last night I discovered just how badly X is trolling me: I hit a Ghost Friend Safari, one that has Phantump, Shuppet and Golurk. I get two shinies from said Safari. Wanna guess which two and who decided to keep hiding from me? Oh yeah, another Phantump and a Shuppet. No shiny Golurk in freaking sight. I swear, the RNG is sitting somewhere, laughing maniacally at my frustrations. And don't get me started on the shiny Sawk situation either because he refuses to make himself known. :mad:

First time I saw a Heracross in Y version it got knocked out.
After about 2 hours looking for another one I finally caught one.
It was Modest nature.

During a 6 vs 6 battle against a passerby, I was down to my last pokemon, Umbreon when the opponent had 4 left. He did exceptionally well for me, taking down the opponent's Sylveon and Venasaur all by himself. He even poisoned Mega Charizard Y and even survived a Fire Blast in Drought. I thought I could win this battle with Umbreon, but then connection lost ;_;

I wanted to save that video even if I lost. Too bad.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom