• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Yu-Gi-Oh! All Star Monster Mafia ~ ENDGAME ~ TOWN WINS ~ 6/5/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! All Star Monster Mafia ~ Day 5 ~ 6/4/2013

In that case...

Voting locked! Update pending.

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! All Star Monster Mafia ~ Day 5 ~ 6/4/2013

After Heraldic King Genom-Heritage saw what had happened the previous night, he quickly went to Dark Magician Girl and the other monsters to tell them what had happened.

'I knew it was that Neos!' one of the monsters said. 'If only he hadn't used that trap on me, Life Stream Dragon might still be alive...'

'We must find him quickly before he gets away!' Dark Magician Girl told the others.

The remaining monsters left and soon found Elemental HERO Neos trying to flee from his home.

'STOP NEOS!'

Neos tried to attack them, but there were too many monsters and he was quickly subdued.

After being bound by a Spellbinding Circle, the monsters questioned why he and the other monsters involved did all this.

'We wanted to be on top again. We used to be the most powerful monsters in the game up until these guys showed up...' he told them, motioning towards some of the Synchro and Xyz monsters around him.

'But what did you think you would accomplish by killing other monsters?' Dark Magician Girl asked him.

'An uprising... We wanted all the normal monsters to join us and take back control of the Duel Monster World, but they never did...'

Dark Magician Girl had heard enough. 'Take him away. If I hear any more from him, I may be sick...'

The other monsters took him and he was later executed for his crimes.

Midorikawa, you are…

ElementalHERONeos-RYMP-EN-C-UE.png

Elemental HERO Neos

Because you appear as a ‘hero,’ you are the Godfather. If you are Cop Checked, you will come up as town.

You also hold a trap card:

NegateAttackDT01-EN-DNPR-DT.jpg

Negate Attack

With this trap, once in the game, if you are targeted for a lynching, it will be negated.

You are allied with the Mafia. You win once you equal or exceed the Town in number of players.

Midorikawa was lynched. She was allied with the Mafia.

Finally, the land was at peace. All the other monsters were able to breathe a sigh of relief knowing that these terrible events were finally over.

mariowie, you are…

Number39Utopia-DT07-EN-DSPR-DT.png

Number 39: Utopia

With your effect, if you are lynched or killed, you can detach 1 of your Xyz Materials to negate it. However, because you only have 2 Xyz Materials, you can only do this twice. This effect will work automatically if you are lynched or killed.

You are allied with the Town. You win once the Mafia has been eliminated.

mariowie has won! He was allied with the Town.

Neonsands, you are…

StardustDragonTU06-EN-R-UE.jpg

Stardust Dragon

With your effect, you can protect another player, making you the Doctor. During the Night Phase, send me a PM saying ‘PROTECT: (username)’ and that player will be protected for the night. However, if you successfully protect someone, you will be ‘Tributed’ and unable to speak during the next Day Phase. You will be notified when you can’t and can speak. Note, you can’t protect yourself with this effect.

You are also equipped with an Equip Spell:

SilverWing-DP09-EN-C-1E.jpg

Silver Wing

With this Spell, you will be protected once from a Night Kill during the game. This effect will work automatically if you are targeted for a Night kill.

Neonsands has won! He was allied with the Town.

Chronos, you are…

DarkMagicianGirl-LCYW-EN-ScR-1E.jpg

Dark Magician Girl

Because of your magical powers, you can easily find out what the alliance of a player is. During the Night Phase, send me a PM saying ‘CHECK: (username)’ and you will learn which side that player is on.

Chronos has won! He was allied with the Town.

Eeveeforthebest, you are…

Number32SharkDrake-GAOV-EN-UR-1E.jpg

Number 32: Shark Drake

With your effect, you are a Vigilante. Each Night Phase, you can ‘detach’ one of your XYZ materials to target one player to kill. Just send me a PM saying ‘KILL: (username)’ to activate this effect. However, because you only have 3 XYZ materials, you can only use this effect 3 times. You can only use this effect once per Night Phase.

Eeveeforthebest has won! He was allied with the Town.

HumanDawn, you are…

BlackRoseDragon-CT05-EN-ScR-LE.png

Black Rose Dragon

With your effect, you can stop all night actions (including any kills) once in the game. During the Night Phase, send me a PM saying, ‘STOP NIGHT ACTIONS: Night X,’ and any night actions (including kills) used that night will be negated. However, because you must sacrifice yourself to activate this effect, you will die at the end of the night phase you use the effect.

HumanDawn has won! He was allied with the Town.

FinalArcadia, you are…

Number8HeraldicKingGenomHeritage-ABYR-EN-SR-1E.png

Number 8: Heraldic King Genom-Heritage

With your effect, you can detach one Xyz material to use the ability of dead player’s monster. Just send me a PM during the Night Phase saying, ‘USE ABILITY: (username),’ and your ability will be that player’s ability for a certain amount of time depending on what kind of ability it is (I will notify you how long you have it). However, because you only have 2 Xyz materials, you can only use this effect twice in the game.

FinalArcadia has won! She was allied with the Town.

m0ckingbird20, you are…

FabledKrus-HA03-EN-ScR-1E.jpg

Fabled Krus

You have a useful ability when used with other Fabled monsters, but unfortunately, it doesn’t do much in this game, so you are a Vanilla.

m0ckingbird20 has won! He was allied with the Town.

Catspring, you are…

BlackwingArmedWing-DP11-EN-R-1E.jpg

Blackwing Armed Wing

Because you are armed, once every odd numbered night, you can shoot a player, making them voteless during the next day phase. Just send me a PM saying ‘SHOOT: (username)’ to use this effect.

Catspring has won! She was allied with the Town.

One monster, however, wasn't so happy.....

'I wish I was dead...'

Pokemaster97, you are…

SaggitheDarkClown-DPKB-EN-C-1E.png

Saggi the Dark Clown

Because you’re a clown, you are the Jester. In order for you to win, you must be lynched. Your card text also mentions that you can ‘execute strange moves to avoid attacks.’ Because of this, once in the game, if you are targeted for a night kill, you will survive it.

CrushCardVirus-DPKB-EN-UtR-1E.jpg

Crush Card Virus

If you are night killed, all other player’s effects will be disabled for the next 4 phases.

You are Independent. To win, you must be lynched.

Pokemaster97 did not fulfill his win condition and has lost. He was Independent.

Quick Topics:

Normal Monster's Hideout ~ Yugioh Mafia
The Card Graveyard ~ Yugioh Mafia
The Card Graveyard (V2)
Yu - Gi - Oh Mafia (HumanDawn, FinalArcadia, m0ckingbird20, Neonsands and the "Cop")

THE TOWN HAS WON! CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you all for playing! I will share my thoughts on the game, along with the roles that were cut in a moment.

Hooray, Town, we did it!!! I'm so proud of us! Thanks for the fun game, jokool!

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! All Star Monster Mafia ~ Now Taking Signups ~ 5/11/2013

First off, I want to thank you all for playing. I can't say this enough!

I'm so proud of the Town! Early alliances, great strategies, and well played roles (like the Night 1 Vig kill of a mafioso, the excellent cop checks at the right times, and (my personal favorite moment since it involved a role I had to cut from my last mafia game) the use of the role copying role to seal the deal for the Town). There were a few bumps in the road for the town though (like the mod kill...), but overall, a excellent job! Kudos guys!

Now although I'm happy for the Town, I am a bit disappointed with how things turned out (very lop sided win for the Town). I was hoping this game would be much closer, but I now realize that the Town was waaaaaaaaaay too overpowered and I needed to cut back on a few roles. Although I can't be blamed for all of this.... The mafia could have done much better IMO. Inactivity really was the final nail in the coffin for them (lack of Conversion being the biggest problem). The start was incredibly rough as well... But anyway, that's how the game goes sometimes. Maybe my next game will turn out better balance wise and the mafia will have a better chance at victory.

And now for the roles that I cut:

One role I had was a Jailer:

Player, you are…

GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon-PHSW-EN-UR-1E.png

Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon

With your effect, you can ‘banish’ yourself and another player, protecting both you and the player you use this effect on for the Night Phase. However, the other player’s effects are negated for that phase, and both you and the other player will be silenced for the rest of the phase. During the Night Phase, send me a PM saying ‘BANISH: (username)’ to activate this effect. You can only use this effect twice during the game, and not on the same night.

A bit of a complicated Jailer in fact... :sweat:

Seeing as I already had plenty of powerful roles, I figured that this one was too much.

Another role was a Lynch Bomb/Restless Spirit:

Player, you are…

MadolchePuddingcess-REDU-EN-UR-1E.png

Madolche Puddincess

Your effect lets you destroy a card when you attack or are attacked. Because of this, you are a Lynch Bomb. If you are lynched, you will take down one of your voters. Also, like other Madolche Monsters, you have a second ability that returns you to the deck when you are destroyed rather than simply going to the grave. Because of this, you are also a Restless Spirit. If you are killed or lynched, you may still post in thread, but you cannot vote, send or receive PMs (unless they’re from/to the host), or communicate anywhere else for the rest of the game.

MadolcheTeaBreak-REDU-EN-R-1E.png

Madolche Tea Break

With this trap, the first spell or trap used against you will be negated, but not destroyed.

Again, too overpowered IMO. About the trap, I planned on having more spell/trap negating/destroying roles in this game, but finally scrapped most of the ideas for them (I did have one or two still in the game though). It would have been interesting to see more in action though. One theory I had was if the Gagaga Magician role (vanilla with secret vote from the spell) had been targeted by a spell/trap destroyer, then he would be pure vanilla. But anyway, I'm starting to ramble here, so moving on...

Player, you are…

MarshmallonSDLS-EN-C-1E.jpg

Marshmallon

With your effect, once in the game, if you the target of a Night kill, you will survive it.

You are allied with the Town, You win once the Mafia has been eliminated.

Oh yes. I had Marshmallon in this as well, but since I already had waaaaaaaaay too many roles that cheated death, this was one of the first to be cut (and I still had too many death cheating roles... :disgust:).

The last role that was cut was a mafia role:

Player, you are…

SummonedSkull-LCYW-EN-SR-1E.jpg

Summoned Skull

With your electrifying powers, once per night, you can Roleblock a player. Just send me a PM saying ‘ROLEBLOCK: (username)’ to use this effect.

DivineWrath-BP01-EN-R-1E.png

Divine Wrath

With this trap, once in the game, if another player uses an effect on you, the effect is negated and that player is killed.

You are allied with the Mafia. You win once you equal or exceed the Town in number of players.

Cutting this was the hardest part for me. I even debated cutting out Red-Eyes and leaving this in (I imagine the town is happy that I didn't :lol:). The reason why I kept Red-Eyes and cut this one was because of the Day 1 FT. I wrote it out a little while before the game started, and if I cut Red-Eyes, it wouldn't make as much sense.

Moving on, I also had to modify a few roles. For instance, I gave the cop (Dark Magician Girl) a spell that gave her a one shot spy, but decided to cut that as I felt the town had enough power already:

You’re also equipped with an Equip Spell:

MagicFormula-LCYW-EN-C-1E.jpg

Magic Formula

With this Equip Spell, once in the game, you can use this spell's power boost to get a brief portion of a PM, QT, or Skype chat from one player. Just PM me during the Night Phase saying ‘SPY: (username)’ to activate this Spell’s effect.

There were a few others that were dropped off well before the final decision was made, but I've already listed too many things as is (plus, I can't remember most of them... :dizzy:).

Aaaaaaand I think I've said enough. So I'll end it here. Thank you all again for playing, and I hope that we can play together again soon. :ksmile:

Well done, Town! Yeah, things kinda completely fell apart for us. And you guys capitalized. Like I said, well done.

Yes, so there really wasn't a converted person! surprised a couple of my hunches about certain peoples' roles were right

I thought this was a really fun game, and I was part of a fantastic alliance which made it even better! XD

Thanks for hosting such a fun game, jokool! Also, you had some interesting cut roles, it was cool to see what you cut. ^^

I think i just saw an accurate representation of the current meta, in which normal monsters really can't survive without the adequate support.

Anyways, good job Town, and good job mafia, you just had rotten luck and some misscommunication.

Good to see I didn't have to go into deep dark hunches and suspicions. Everyone was basically truthful and things went well from there.

That's how I like my mafia games to go =P

I had lots of fun in the alliance and trying to figure out who the Mafia are! I'm also really glad nobody was converted. Thanks for letting me play jokool!

Good game town, I didn't go to do much though :d.

But it was fun :).

Yeah!! Sorry I wasn't much help... thanks for letting me play!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom