• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LT's Brainstorming Blog

I know this is your thread, but I need some help with brainstorming this idea that I have. It's basically a reworked version of the backstory that you had for that roleplay where we played as protectors of Shaymin (with you playing as Shaymin herself) looking for stolen chrysanthemums that were stolen from a sacred mountain:

For over 100 years, only the Rainbow Sages could enter the Bell Tower, the resting place of the Legendary Ho-Oh. Then, disaster strikes. The sacred tower is broken into and the sacred Rainbow Feather Stones/Crystals/whatever are stolen. The Kimono Girls (who are also sages) set out to retrieve the stolen objects.

The main characters are the Kimono Girls (may change things), and each one would have an Eeveelution (just like the games). Heck, why stick with the original five? You can toss in three more to have all the Eeveelutions!
The question is, how to expand on this idea...

Last edited:
Let's brainstorm ways to improve this idea. I think giving each a role on the team is important. I did my research and this is what I have determined with the Eeveelutions statwise:

Highest HP: Vaporeon
Highest Attack: Flareon
Highest Defense: Leafeon
Highest Special Attack: Espeon & Glaceon
Highest Special Defense: Umbreon & Sylveon
Highest Speed: Jolteon

If we were to stick the original five girls, who would get Glaceon, Leafeon, and Sylveon?

@Greninjaman @InfiniteBakuphoon @Catz @Funnylion @prog rocker

A True Open Pokeworld (a thought experiment and potential idea expanding on SV and inspired by The Elder Scrolls; Daggerfall's huge map)

SV was touted as the first open world Pokemon game, but as it was, there wasn't really all that much to do. So what would we have to add in or build on to get something along the line of Zelda or the Elder Scrolls?

Don't get me wrong, what we got was a good first step. But I felt like there was potential for a whole lot more.

Last edited:

A True Open Pokeworld (a thought experiment and potential idea electing on SV and inspired by The Elder Scrolls; Daggerfall's huge map)

SV was touted as the first open world Pokemon game, but as it was, there wasn't really all that much to do. So what would we have to add in or build on to get something along the line of Zelda or the Elder Scrolls?

Don't get me wrong, what we got was a good first step. But I felt like there was potential for a whole lot more.
They could have added caves that were more mini dungeons (ala Seafoam Islands) with a cool reward at the end. Also, perhaps random events that happen? Like, you can occasionally, you might get attacked by a bandit or something.

A Possible Open Pokeworld Idea

The Celestial Lands--a vast world beyond a fantastic Pokeworld. Some believe Arceus and the Legendaries live here, while others say there are treasures untold waiting to be found.

Among the many explorers and travelers arriving to explore the Celestial Lands are three best friends, and someone seeking answers. When a Sabian traveler named Liko came to hero for hire Ash with a request to find out the secrets of a mysterious heart shaped pendant, Ash assured Liko he would do what he could to investigate.

After rallying his companions Misty and Brock to help, Ash discovered an image of a similar pendant in a book about the Celestial Lands--if one could journey to the shimmering Astral Tree in the far northern reaches of the Celestial Lands, the truth about Liko's pendant could potentially be revealed.

With Misty, Brock, Liko, and their Pokemon in tow, Ash and his companions set out on their biggest adventure yet...

Another idea I just thought of for a potential story: One of the mainline games, but from the perspective of the rival. What were their journeys like?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom