• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Three Positive, Three Negative

A wonderful idea for some good character-building, haha! I remember thinking about something similar not too long ago. That said, I also remember switching up the order and doing it as Negative First, Positive Last. Probably just to give some grace to my protagonists who arguably really needed it, by that I mean instead of: “you’re good, but you’re also flawed”, it’s “you’re flawed, but you’re also good”. That little change makes a big difference, I think.

From Mirror Adventures: A Tragedy of False Smiles (with its two protagonists):

Mirror Ash
~Three Negative~

1. Very emotionally fragile from a combination of nature and nurture (or lack thereof, in the latter case). Often finds himself on the verge of tears if stressed, and sometimes he actually does break down and cry if things are especially hard for him. As a result, he has few real friends and is cruelly referred to by his peers as a “crybaby”.
2. Doesn’t think very highly of himself, and in fact sees himself as mostly a loser. Has a tendency to lapse into episodes of self-pity that are usually unproductive and help perpetuate a vicious cycle of sadness and despair.
3. Is indecisive largely as a result of the above, leading him to make several mistakes in the middle of Pokémon battles. His Pokémon tend to sense his nervous energy and don’t really trust him because of it, leading to constant and often embarrassing defeats.

~Three Positive~
1. Extremely empathetic with a thoughtful and caring heart, and with a strong sense of loyalty and family. The few friends he does have are his closest, truest companions; he will never leave them and they will never leave him.
2. For all of his emotional fragility, he has an extremely strong sense of justice. Although he is one of the last people who will stand up to a bully, it’s not for lack of wanting. He might not fight a bully, but he will most definitely remember a bully.
3. He is much, much stronger than he thinks he is, as far as mental fortitude goes. Even after failing over and over again, he still has dreams of something greater burning within him. It will be a very long time — if ever — before he truly, permanently gives up.

Mirror Serena
~Three Negative~

1. Has a short temper and often “leaps without looking” when it comes to confronting others, especially if they are bullies or some other group that she deems to be beneath contempt. This often leads to conflicts escalating quickly with said people, with often catastrophic results by the end of it all.
2. Is rather cocky and boastful, with a tendency to gloat loudly and obnoxiously after winning Pokémon battles especially. Has something of a bully streak related to this, and although she usually means no harm, she also often misjudges how much her words affect people’s feelings.
3. Has something a rather strong guilt complex combined with an inferiority-superiority complex. She doesn’t always realize when she’s wrong, but when she does, she is usually horrified and ashamed at herself, and treats herself harshly afterwards. She doesn’t really consider herself to be a good person — even when she actually does good — which is the result of… actually, that’s a rather significant spoiler there, haha. Reasons, and lots of them, is all that I can really say here.

~Three Positive~
1. For all of her cockiness, she actually is extremely skilled at Pokémon battles, as well as other useful subjects such as camping, survival theory, cooking, and baking. Overall, she’s a very intelligent and talented girl, almost to the level of a prodigy, which least partially backs up much of her bluster.
2. Is extremely motivated and has an uncanny ability to inspire the same in others, including her Pokémon. Said Pokémon would follow her to the ends of the earth for the sake of her dreams.
3. She genuinely cares about the well-being of others, including complete strangers, and has a kind heart underneath her rough exterior. She’ll stick up for anyone in a heartbeat, and is in fact so eager to do so that it almost qualifies as a negative, related to her tendency to “leap without looking” as described above.

Ooh, interesting idea. I like it. Good for helping with character development. Though like @InfiniteBakuphoon said, going with negative first then positive is actually better, as it shows that, while a character is flawed, they still have redeemable qualities. Best to accent the positives at the end than the start so it ends on a high note and not a low one. Anyway, time for me to get going on this.

Nova Blitz
Negatives
1) Seeks to be considered useful and valuable. Due to his failures at gaining his family's approval because of being different Nova wants to prove he's got some form of worth to others. But being constantly put down for being different and never succeeding in his endeavor lead to developing an inferiority complex, crippling his self-esteem and creating a continuous state of emotional pessimism. Because his family failed to nurture his talents, instead only seeing him for his flaws, further damaged his feeling of self-worth and constantly worries about becoming dead weight to the party. Thus he seeks power and anything that can make him more useful to others in order to build his self-worth and feel important.
2) Rock-bottom self-esteem. Sees himself as a total loser and often worries if he's dragging Nina down, feeling she deserves better. Considering that his peers often looked down upon him and treated him as a loser only reinforced this feeling. While his self-esteem is slowly growing it's still very low, thus it hampers his ability to see what his true potential is despite being very talented in whatever field he pursues.
3) Insecurity. Nova bad upbringing in a family with stupidly high expectations and failing to meet said expectations have left him very insecure about himself and his abilities. Best seen when trying to court Nina early on, as he was too unsure of himself on how to try to win her heart, nearly losing her to the then-Prince Falkner because he couldn't get past his insecurities (to his credit, crafting her a gift was his attempt to get his foot in the door, so to speak, so he could muster up the courage to tell her). But his insecurities prevent him from seeing his true self, feeding into his feelings that he's a loser. While others can see his potential (especially Nina) he cannot due to his low self-worth and constant reminders of his failures in the eyes of his family. It also has the side-effect of creating a large amount of deep-seated bitterness, anger, and hatred deep within his heart, which bleeds out in his demonic mana bow's design.

Positives
1) Despite his cowardice he has proven that when the chips are down he can be counted on. Even though he's afraid he's still willing to brave the dangers before him, knowing that he cannot put his wants over the needs of countless others. Deep down he's got a lot more courage than he realizes and it shows whenever he defends others from threats like powerful monsters or Muu's army. He has since been shedding his cowardice and drawing forth the courage that does exist in his heart, showing that he won't let fear control him anymore. As a result he calls out those who are more cowardly than him, like Dominic, especially if they endanger others around them.
2) Nova is willing to sacrifice his own happiness if it helps benefit others, especially Nina. When the then-Prince Falkner was attempting to court Nina Nova was willing to step aside, despite his heartbreak and own feelings for her, so she could have a better future. He's willing to work hard if it means someone he cares about, especially Nina, is able to benefit from it, and won't take shortcuts or cheats his way to an easier life. He shows it again when he gives up his Shaman Magic Bracelet, the very power he had been craving since learning about it, to Elizabetta so she could have a chance to become stronger and braver, showing he's willing to give up what he wants if it helps someone else. He even once gave up a winning scratch-off lotto ticket for one million dollars to a family that recently lost their home, saying they needed it more than him, as he at least has a home and food despite being rather poor himself. It shows that Nova is willing to give up his own happiness if it helps protect/save/benefit those who need it more.
3) Nova is very loyal to those he considers his friends/allies/lover. He's willing to bend over backwards for those he cares about and will do whatever he has to in order to ensure that his friends are treated well. And once he and Nina have settled into their romantic relationship he proves that no other woman can get in between him and her. Despite the fact that some women will resort to extremes to claim him, and despite he is (or was) a pervert, his loyalty to Nina is absolute and he refuses to engage in any activity that would endanger his relationship with her. His loyalty to those he cares/trust is without question and is willing to go through Hell and high water for them, even if he has to do something he hates, just to ensure that they can prosper and get the respect they deserve.

That should do for now.

Ooooooh this is a good idea for a thread.

(a few days of analysis later)

Uh... let's bullet point this. No context. The three fools:

Wallace
Positives:
1. He cares about his loved ones. A lot.
2. After years of suppression, he said "screw it" and decided that's he's going to be unapologetically ~fabulous~
3. He's smart. Booksmart, that is. He's especially gifted in the humanities and the arts.
Negatives:
1. He is really, really, really, really bad at admitting when he isn't okay. (Wallace, laying on the floor with several broken bones and also the flu: I'm fine)
2. He's meticulous about everything, obsessed with perfection.
3. He holds grudges. Holds them.

Winona
Positives:
1. She's a free spirit, and nothing can hold her down.
2. She deeply cares for the environment, her friends, and her family.
3. She's a strong leader when the chips are down, and she's very well organized.
Negatives:
1. She is, pun intended, a bird brain, head-in-the-clouds type.
2. She sometimes struggles in positive social settings.
3. She sometimes cares... a little too much, whether it's hyper-empathy or compassion fatigue.

Steven
Positives
1. He is very good at geography
2. He uses his wealth and power for good.
3. He knows how to set boundaries in relationships
Negatives
1. He, uh, killed a guy
2. He's probably gonna do it again
3. Head empty only ronk

Lisia is usually the subject of fics I write, and well, surprise! I have a few ideas going around in my head for some writing stuff?

So I'll go with just one particular thing I'm working on, although she's usually really similar in every medium!

Positives:

1. She's very very very very kind to others!!! Sometimes when people are well known, they develop a sort of haughtiness and rudeness towards others? But she's very down-to-earth and as 'normal' as she can be, within limitation~

2. She's a very hard worker too! Lisia is talented in many different areas of entertainment--a true talent in the idol industry. Singing, dancing, stage presence, mostly anything! She's very smart too-enough to skip out on going to school usually. She knows three languages fluently as well, and is progressing nicely on another one!

3. She's very inquisitive too, and always wanting to learn new things, experience new places, and help others as much as she's possibly able to, even sometimes if it doesn't benefit her much!

Negatives:

1. She's extremely prone to overworking herself. Like... to the point of having... pretty bad... mental breakdowns, causing her to go on hiatus from school/idol work/everything.

2. Because of her idol work, she also sometimes falls into the trap of wanting to please everyone--so she tries to keep up a hyper-'genki' and cheerful facade up in public--and she is a very cheerful person in general still! But it's like an 'even if today was horrible and I'm crumbling, I have to keep everything up' kind of thing, which is obviously not a healthy thing.

3. Lisia wears her heart on her sleeve. That's not always a bad thing!! But when she sees something (that's not her) or someone suffering or feeling bad, it tends to make her sad too, even if she doesn't try to show it. It's magnified if it's someone she cares about, too, although that's a pretty normal thing.

Byleth:

Positive:

1. She herself tends to be positive.

2. Fond of a good joke.

3. Very dedicated to her friends and wants to protect them no matter what. Even if it means working with her enemies.

Negative:

1. Sometimes makes jokes at the worst time.

2. 100% believes that Edelgard is not entirely evil, despite having experienced a timeline where she started a war on Fodlan, and probably wouldn't be able to kill her if it came to it.

3. Bad at planning ahead. Sometimes this works sometimes this gets her in trouble.

Bonus trait: Kind of easily distracted. While her main goal of stopping the war takes top priority she sometimes forgets about it and goofs off.

Bumping! Let’s go with hilda (I wrote one chapter?)

• POSITIVE:
  • ready to battle and protect her friends and others
  • she loves her friends and Pokémon very much. So much that it turns into a negative lol
  • she just Wants everyone to be happy, y know?
  • NEGATIVE:
  • tends to tell herself and others that everything’s fine when it really isn’t. She’d rather pretend it’s normal than face reality. Live in her “ideal” so to say. (Hero of ideals)
  • After Hilbert gets trapped in the light stone, she falls into a sort of depressed state where she pushes away her friends and tries to cope with Hilbert being in a literal rock
  • all of her personality traits are double edged swords tbh. shes a “do-then-think” kind of person, giving her the best instinct and reflexes, but also leading her to jump into danger without realizing the costs

Forgot about this. Let's do a new one with my new fic.

Marie "Mare" Birch

Positive

1. Strong willed.
  2. Strong sense of justice.
  3. Determined to a fault.
Negative
  1. Extreme self-loathing and a complete lack of self-worth
  2. Anger issues
  3. Will push herself past her limits to save people. She'd rather die herself than let someone else die.

It sounds fun. Gonna use the protagonist of my new fanfic, or the first protagonist at least:

Myu:

Positive:
  • He is kind to everyone and always respects other people's interests and dreams.
  • Brave and courageous in the face of danger.
  • Can be quite perceptive. Very attentive to details and good at deductive reasoning.

Negative:
  • He's as lazy as a rock when unmotivated.
  • Doesn't care about plans or consecuences when something catches his attention and can be lethally stupid if uncontrolled.
  • Bad at taking care of himself

Edit to add a second protagonist:

Seri

Positive:

• A very sharp Pokémon trainer with a tactical mind for battles.
  • Prone to help others in distress even when it would hurt her goals.
  • She never gives up.

Negative:
  • Can be merciless with anyone who stands in her way.
  • More naive and ignorant of practical issues than she would admit.
  • She never gives up

Last edited:
This also sounds fun. I'll take my crack at it.

Kyle

Positive

• Extremely dedicated to protecting innocent people and Pokemon from criminals and other lowlifes, It's basically all he does. Even if he has a chance to flee or is beaten to a pulp he will keep fighting until he is sure that those he's defending are going to be safe and secure.
  • Is a highly skilled strategist and tactician. He possesses a sharp mind that is able to both form well thought out plans with prep time and change them on the fly to adapt to changing battle conditions. He is particularly skilled at using the environment and his enemies' own strengths (usually numbers) against them.
  • Is thoughtful and accommodating, despite his demeanor. Even though he is generally stoic and distant he will help his teammates or other people with non-life risking endeavors if they ask it of him. He also takes care and goes out of his way to minimize collateral damage to other people's property during a mission.
Negative
  • Can be frighteningly violent to his enemies, especially if sufficiently injured or angered. His actions often frighten those he's trying to defend. His own team members can even be unnerved by his actions.
  • Works too hard. When he's not on a mission or fighting for his life he's training or recovering from his latest injury which leaves no room for fun and games in his life. He also takes it upon himself to perform the most dangerous tasks and most (if not all) the heavy lifting in a mission despite having capable teammates. He'll work all night while his team sleeps and leave himself exhausted the next day when he actually has to fight for his and other's lives.
  • Is not mentally stable. All is not well upstairs, which is evident through his actions an personality. A person who dedicates nearly his entire existence to fighting crime and has seemingly no care in the world about the injuries he takes is not normal.
Alex

Positive

• She's a very kind person that's easy to be around. She keeps the team honest and generally brings out the better sides of themselves when she's around. Even the more frosty or prickly members of the team don't mind spending time with her. Her kindness and empathy does come in handy to get certain people and Pokemon to calm down and be more receptive to reason.
  • Smarter than she looks. She's perky and sometimes a bit scatterbrained but she did graduate from a prestigious school with top marks. She has more technical knowledge than her sister and it's come in handy on more than one occasion for cracking a case or helping the team deduce important details.
  • Is quite clever in battle. Despite being the youngest in the team she can think quickly on how to solve a problem mid battle. She also catches on quickly to whatever plans or moves her more experience team members are performing.
Negative
  • She's lacking in experience and practical knowledge. While it is something she shares with others in the team, Alex has it a bit worse since she's also the youngest. Pressure can cause her to not make the best decisions or make her neglect to think about things critically.
  • Alex scares more easily than everyone else on the team. She can find herself frozen in place or make bad decisions when fear takes hold of her. It also doesn't help that she has a particular fear that's hard to avoid in the Pokemon world.
  • Is a bit too positive in her way of thinking. She has a hard time seeing kind actions as anything but what they are presented as. She's also bad at predicting what bad people can and will do when pushed into a corner.

Time for me to throw my hat into the ring again. This time I'll be using characters from Shooting Star Rider. And like before, I'll be starting with the negatives so my post ends on a high note.

Obsidian Glitch

Negatives

1) Fear of failure. As a member of the Constellaton race he's very dutiful and take every mission he's assigned with everything he's got. However, because Constellatron was destroyed on his watch, and the reason it was targeted in the first place is also his fault, gives him a crippling fear of failure. While it's rather understandable, as his failure to protect Constellatron did have rather disastrous results, it bleeds into his new life on Earth and he's developed almost a paranoia of letting another world suffer because of his failure. While he's vowed to not let it happen again he does know the threat is still out there and is afraid history will repeat itself again, this time on a totally innocent planet. It's also had the side-effect of causing him to develop intense self-loathing and hatred and wrestles with his grief and guilt for failing on such a massive level that resulted in the floodgates getting blasted open despite it being revealed that Constellatron's destruction wasn't truly his fault.
2) Black-and-White morality. This is a problem the entire Constellaton race has. Obsidian has a black-and-white morality mindset, as his race has only ever encountered entire other races that were inherently evil or good with no middle ground. As a result the Constellatons as a whole cannot fathom the concept that morality can't be anything other than black and white. When Obsidian comes to Earth and learns that humans can be both good AND evil it was a very serious shock to his system and it forced him to reassess everything he believes in. To his credit he has been shedding his black-and-white morality system now that he's aware it's not that simple, but he still struggles with it from time to time.
3) Hesitant to kill his own creations. Obsidian has no qualms killing evil entities as that's just part of his job as a Constellaton. However, once the Cyber Guardian Project comes to be, and the fact he used his own body to act as the basis and blueprints for Cyber Guardians, he's come to see them as his own children. As such he hesitates to delete them even if they're evil or are performing acts of crime. He will go for the kill because he knows it's for the best but he's not only hesitant to do it but feels very conflicted after committing the deed. Best seen when he deletes Chuster, as he doesn't want to do it but he goes through with it because he knew sparing Chuster would only cause more problems, and after deleting Chuster he's very conflicted, feeling like he killed his own son. He knows he needs to not let such thoughts prevent him from protecting Earth but he struggles to do so unless a friend is in danger.

Positives

1) Dedicated to protecting others. Obsidian takes his job as a Constellaton very seriously and as such will protect others with everything he's got. Especially those he considers friends. He's dedicated to ensuring that Earth won't suffer or be destroyed at the hands of evil races like Virons, even willing to work himself ragged just to ensure that Earth stands a chance, even using his own body to help create the Cyber Guardian Project. Obsidian will fight any enemy with everything he has to ensure the people he's tasked with protecting, especially those he cares about, are safe and have a good future. As a result he's not only very skilled in battle but also very physically fit, even for Constellaton standards, despite him being largely handicapped early on because of his mental/memory damage and inability to draw out his full power.
2) Very kind and open. Obsidian, especially during his downtime, is very kind, warm, and friendly. He enjoys being around his group of friends and cares very much about them. He's also doesn't hold grudges against those who have given him grief before if they're actually decent folk, like Julia and her posse when he first met them. He's capable of bonding with others easily despite having been alone for most of his life. He also largely lets insults and other such remarks roll off his back unless they hit a particular sore spot. His fondness to learning new things also helps him be more accepting by others. Even former enemies will come to respect him because of how warm and kind he is.
3) A skilled tactician and fighter with untapped potential. Obsidian is a seasoned fighter, having faced numerous battles with various enemies, not just Virons. As a result, he's a very talented tactician and skilled warrior even considering his mental/memory damage. He's able to pull of powerful combos with ease, can quickly analyze an enemy to determine the best possible strategy, can change tactics on the fly if needed, and is able to adapt and adjust to the flow of any battle. Because of his incredible potential and ability to constantly evolve gives him an undeniable advantage over even other members of his race, and ends up the basis for developing powers like Soul Cross. The only other Constellaton who has the same potential is his "rival", Chaos Eclipse, whom he shares a mutual respect with despite Chaos being a decade older. He tries to teach others how to be just as effective battlers, and the results speak for themselves.

letsfuckinggooooooooo

juri:
  • she knows what she wants and she damn well knows how to get it.
  • most of her hobbies break multiple laws but she still has a moral code she adheres to <3
  • when she cares for someone, she can and will do everything in her (not unsubstantial) power to protect them.
  • that being said, it is not very often she brings herself to care for others
  • trust issues galore to the point where they severely impede her daily life
  • selfish as hell, but at least she can admit it

ken:
  • selfless as hell
  • eternally loyal, yet not blind to the faults of those he loves
  • incredibly perseverant, will fight for what he believes in 'til his dying breath
  • in a bad mood 25/7 (says he's fine --> is lying)
  • "act first, think later, no exceptions"
  • outfit 3
  • ...okay, that doesn't count, so instead i'll say he's sometimes just too nice for his own good

doing this again cause why not

Serena

Positive:
  • Worried for her friends and everyone, just wants them all to be safe
  • A pretty decent Pokémon trainer. She can hold her own in a battle, but has little interest in the Pokémon league.
  • Can easily connect and empathize with people like Emma due to their shared experiences.
Negative:

• Tends to get too panicky or paranoid, especially when it comes to team flare
  • Hard for her to think optimistically most of the time
  • Lots of trauma

Here are my 3 main teenage protagonists from the Coltar Series (1-3)

James
Positive
  • He will find ways to get out of a sticky situation he has gotten himself into.
  • He cares very much about pokémon, and will run into a burning building to save them & He cares very much for his friends and will stand up for them.
  • James can befriend most pokémon quickly because of his outgoing and energetic attitude to the point where most pokémon would trust him to mega evolve around him, regardless of whether he is their actual trainer or not.

Negative
  • He is very distrusting towards the elkran people and soldiers, even so far as to insulting them for invading colran.
  • He is rash and will make stupid decisions which he believes is right.
  • He is scared of Gengars due to trauma, and would actively hurt one to protect himself whether the Gengar is aggressive towards him or not.

Kitiku "Kuti"
Positive
  • He is kind and sensitive towards others around him.
  • He does his best to stay away from trouble.
  • He is academically smarter than his friends and has dreams of becoming a doctor.

Negative
  • He is shy and often refuses to talk to others, resorting to using sign language instead.
  • He is frightened of most things and would rather hide than help his friends.
  • He bottles up his anger because he doesn't want to show it to anyone

Lioa "Li"
Positive
  • Is strong willed. When he wants to do something he is doing it and no villain can stop him.
  • He loves his younger brother, Andrew "Rew Rew" / "Ano". When threatened he puts his brother first
  • He has the somewhat unique ability to control up to 7 pokémon in battle at once, because he understands how battlefields work, and what pokémon work best where.

Negative
  • Lioa is a bully, he enjoys picking on Kitiku in particular and has even thrown him off a moving train breaking his leg.
  • Similarly to James, he is very resentful of the elkran people and soldiers for the invasion and death of his dad who was a soldier on the front lines.
  • Lioa is very selfish. If he wants something he will go out of his way to get it and damn anyone's feelings if it gets in his way.

Throwing my hat in the ring again (largely because I'm bored). This time I'll do both my lead females in Dawn of Courage and Shooting Star Rider: Nina Firewing and Pride Cream, respectively. And, as always, doing the negatives first so I can end on a high note.

Nina Firewing (Dawn of Courage)

Negatives

1) Has an extremely short temper. Nina had been bullied and mistreated all her life so she's got a fiery temper to go alongside her (predominately) Fire element. It takes very little to set her off and her anger can control her mind and actions, often requiring her to (violently) vent her anger on a target (usually an oppressor or antagonist). Granted, her temper has cooled down over time as she's gotten most of her pent-up aggressions and grievances out of her system, but not without leaving destruction in her wake first.
2) Rebellious. Tying in with the above, Nina tends to be rebellious, mostly because she was abused and neglected. She'll gladly to against the status quo of her species and do everything in her power to keep them from ever trying to restrain her again, be it how she dresses, falling in love with a man from a different species, or her complete disregard for the Phoenix Clan's nobility, power, and authority.
3) Tends to use violence and/or fear to get her point across. Again, tying into her temper, Nina has no qualms about using force and/or violence to get her point across. Especially if the target has given her grief in the past like her brothers or Captain Talon. She'll willingly use fear to ensure that someone doesn't cross her or do anything against her, especially if she's already used violence/force on them to cow them into submission.

Positives

1) Completely loyal to those she considers allies. Despite her rebelliousness, Nina is completely loyal to those who she considers friends, allies, or in Nova's case, a lover. Her devotion to her friends and allies is very strong, although it can take a while for her to warm up to some people. But when she does, it stays. Especially noticeable with Nova, as she's completely devoted to her lover and will stop at nothing to support and encourage him, defending him at the drop of a hat and showering him with constant affection. She also acts as something of a cool big sister to Elizabetta (considering she is an older sibling this makes sense) and supports any relationships the gang gets in to, like Angelo and Joy or Zeeker and Elizabetta. When she develops bonds of trust with others she will do everything in her power to support them.
2) Highly intelligent and skilled. Nina is well-versed in many subjects and is the most talented black magician in the Phoenix Clan. She's often the go-to choice for any information the gang needs, which she gladly shares, and her talent as both a magician and scholar often comes in clutch during certain events. She also has other talents, such as martial arts (mostly kickboxing), swimming, singing, acting as the aerial transport in her Phoenix form, and being highly proficient in the art of Shaman magic, possessing the most number of forms.
3) Strong sense of justice. Possibly because of her own upbringing, she has a strong sense of justice and gladly fights in the war against Muu to end his tyranny and bring peace to Edyn. She will not hesitate to protect someone in need and will use her vast array of magic and skills to defend the weak and oppressed. She hates people who harm others or try to steal credit from others just to glorify themselves, willing to use her immense firepower (figuratively and literally) to punish them. She takes her role as a member of the Demon King's champion party very seriously and does everything in her power to help people who are in danger or being unfairly treated.

Pride Cream (Shooting Star Rider)

Negatives

1) Rebellious. Like Nina above, Pride is very rebellious and will often break rules to either get her way or defy those in charge. This largely stems from her father's overbearing rules that she's been force to endure since was a child back in her home country, and as a result she'll do everything in her power to defy him. She's even willing to use ultimatums to ensure she gets what she wants (such as freedom), putting a lot of pressure on those who try to oppress her.
2) Not immune to her emotions/jealousy. Pride tends to be the most level-headed out of the group, but that doesn't stop her from acting on impulse because of things like her emotions or jealousy. While she tends to not make a spectacle of it (compared to the more loud Julia or shameless Lyn), there are times her emotions and/or jealousy can get the better of her. Best seen in the "love wars" she has with other females over Obsidian, where she'll actively compete with her "rivals" to ensure she gets Obsidian's attention. She can also get pretty cocky about certain things (though she can back up her talk with action, so her confidence is rather justified). She's also not immune to the bad blood she inherited from her father when it comes to dealing with the Glimmer Family, though to her credit she tries to not let it cloud her judgment.
3) Snarky. Pride is probably the snarkiest and sassiest member of the cast, with only Cherry rivaling her in that department, often making smart remarks or jabs at others, usually because of their actions. Considering she tends to be the most level-headed and (largely) sanest member of the group, her frequent quips and remarks may be a byproduct of her trying to rein in everyone from their foolishness. Julia and Lyn tend to get the brunt of her sass (for various reasons). She largely refrains from doing this to Obsidian, however, because of his mental/memory damage and the fact he's trying to adjust to a new home (and her feelings for him).

Positives

1) Loyal and caring. Despite her rebelliousness and sassiness, Pride is also very loyal and caring to those she considers her friends. She will repay kindness with kindness and will worry about the safety of others, even if they're "enemies" like Julia. It's because of her extending a hand of support that she and Obsidian were able to win Julia, Thomas, and Daxter to their side, showing concern for their safety and wanting to help them during these dangerous times of hostile alien invasions. She will also use her wealth to support her friends and ensure they're properly prepared for weathering the fights ahead. She also acts as something of an impromptu therapist to Obsidian, helping him cope with his grief, guilt, and anger from his failure to protect Constellatron.
2) Competent, skilled, and intelligent. Pride is, by far, the most intelligent and skilled member of the main cast (bar Obsidian when he's fully recovered). She can skillfully command Knightmare in battle, shows great talent for strategy, and acts as something of a commander to the others. She's also very perceptive of others, as she can easily see through the disguises of the Cyber Agents, identify problematic individuals easily, and can very clearly see the true intentions of others (especially if they're "competeing" with her over Obsidian's attention). She helps teach Lyn, Julia, Thomas, and Daxter how to overcome stronger foes and think more strategically and intelligently, though Julia takes a bit longer than the others. She's also a lot more physically fit than she lets on, as she was able to endure Mack's extreme training when the rest of the gang (sans she and Obsidian) set him off, only coming out slightly winded in comparison to Julia, Thomas, Daxter, and Lyn, who were flat on the ground, exhausted.
3) Generous with others. As said above, Pride will use her immense wealth to help support her friends and those she's close to. She'll willingly give them certain Combat Chips from her personal collection (even rare ones) to better support the gang, and will spend her money on anything that the gang needs so they can be ready for the challenges ahead. This is in contrast to Julia, who prefers to horde her wealth and power to herself in an attempt to strengthen her position (something that she inherited from her father). As a result, Pride tends to be more generous and is more willing to use her resources to help the gang anyway she can.

That should do for now. A lot, I know, but boredom is a strange thing.

One of my scariest characters here (at least in the eyes of my protagonists)
Mylious Jackson, Lord Captain - Coltar the Prophecy:
Positives:
1) Mylious is loyal to his best friends, Aaron Piscar, and Clarence Bourbabel. He will take a serious injury to protect them. He is always there when Aaron feels depressed, and often tells jokes, even if they are inappropriately themed to make his friends laugh.

2) Mylious has a very high IQ. He is brilliant at problem solving, coming up with ideas and strategies and is generally very intelligent. He truly enjoys playing Cyriok (a Coltese version of chess with more complicated pieces), and is often respectful to friend and foe while they are playing. He will even spend time teaching them new strategies in the game, if it makes the game harder and more of a challenge for him. Mylious is Lord Captain, so commands the special forces, and is also a doctor.

3) Resilience is one of Mylious's founding traits. He had an incredibly bad childhood, and was a medical experiment participant. He is immune to almost all pokémon poisons, and can resist psychic type invasions of his mind. His large size (7ft 2) makes him a scary opponent in battle.

Negatives:
1) Mylious will resort to violence or threats. He always carries out his threats. He has been known to seriously harm prisoners of war if it gives him the information he needs, and with no one but Kilgor, and Aaron Piscar to hold him to account, he gets away with it.

2) Mylious has a lot of sociopathic traits, and often does little to control the negative aspects of the growing condition. He will act harmfully towards others. and will use his looks, charm and wit to manipulate others into doing what he wants, being giving him information, or to embarrass and humiliate them. He has a poor temper, and will get angry at the smallest of inconveniences. He will on occasion feel remorse or guilt, but most of the time, he does not.

3) Mylious is a very big walking target. His height, accompanied by the hefty weight of his sword can slow him down in physical combat, meaning he has to focus more on himself than his pokémon, and can leave him exposed in battle. His title of Lord Captain makes him an ideal person to take out on the battlefield.

Because I was having bit of a case of restless mind syndrome before bed I decided to vent it with another jab in this thread. This time I'll be doing Julia Glimmer from Shooting Star Rider. And, as per usual, starting with the negatives so I can end on a high note.

Negatives

1) Greedy, vain, and bossy. Julia has an inflated opinion of herself. She has a need to be in charge and will boss anyone around if give the chance. Thus she wasn't happy when her group merged with Obsidian and Pride and she got a double demotion from the leadership status. She's also very greedy, something that she inherited from her father. She hordes her wealth and any power she has to further strengthen her position, and the prospect of gaining more wealth excites her, in contrast to Pride, who is more generous and kind to others. She's also very vain, as evident by the images in her room that show her as more beautiful and sexy than her more petite frame really is, to the exasperation of Cherry.
2) Values raw power over strategy. Julia prefers using raw power over any sort of tactical strategy. She will frequently use her rare and powerful Combat Chips and spam her best attacks against her foes in Cyber Battles. This works against more incompetent foes like Knuckler and Strag, but falls flat against opponents who are both skilled and strong like Pride and Ethan. Further fueling this mentality is that her Cyber Guardian, Cherry, is better equipped as a medic/supporter than a frontline fighter, so she uses the raw power of her rare Combat Chips to compensate for Cherry's lack of power. Notably, it takes Julia a very long time to accept the fact that using more strategic combos would benefit her more than spamming her strongest attacks, the longest out of the main cast.
3) Damsel in distress. Julia is danger-prone, and tends to end up in many dangerous situations. Especially when certain Virons like Berserkers single her out as easy prey. This often requires Obsidian (as Star Rider) to save her, as Knuckler and Strag often get defeated by whatever enemy-of-the-week they face. Her tendency to be a damsel in distress is so bad she eventually, and reluctantly, accepted Pride's offer to join forces with her and Obsidian if it better guarantees her survival.

Positives

1) Has morals and a conscious. Unlike her father, Julia does have a functioning moral compass and a conscious. She knows there are several lines that she refuses to cross and if she feels she did something bad she'll do anything to make amends. She'll even stand up and betray her father if he feels he's gone way too far, as (eventually) she can see that her father is not only a terrible influence on her, but his own self-destructive tendencies means he'll cross several lines just to gain an advantage or money in some manner.
2) Hidden heart of gold. Deep down, Julia is a good person. She's known Thomas and Daxter for a long time, having reached out to them when they were at their lowest, earning her their friendship and loyalty. She eventually comes to an understanding with Pride, seeing her "rival" as a friend, especially when she learns how terrible Pride's life at home is and why she cherishes her time with others, realizing they're very similar. She also cares about Obsidian and later Lyn, as she understands they're refugees looking for a new home after losing everything, and that Obsidian is working night and day to make amends for his failure and protect Earth, even developing feelings for him (though she acts very tsun toward him, especially thanks to her obsession with his alter-ego: Star Rider, which causes her great frustration and confusion when the truth comes out). And while they may bicker to no end, she truly sees Cherry as a sister and partner, especially when she learns that Cherry wants Julia to have a good future, even if it means defying Cray Glimmer and steering her off the same self-destructive path he's on. It takes a bit of digging but she truly loves and cares for those she considers friends.
3) Determined. Similar to Pride, Julia is a very determined person. When she sets a goal in mind she'll pursue it with everything she's got. While it can make her unreasonably bullheaded, she tackles every challenge she faces head-on. And she doesn't back down from a threat. Even when captured by certain Virons like Berserkers she doesn't go quietly, fighting and struggling as hard as she can in order to save herself. It gets to the point where she's even willing to use a dangerous power just to help protect those she loves and defend Earth from enemy forces despite any risks.

Back
Top Bottom