• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

After help for my region.

Noobius

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
  3. It/Its
I'm looking for some help choosing Pokémon for my region. I have 188 Pokémon so far (not including different forms) after a total 250 including legendaries. plz give me your ideas for exsiting Pokémon, and your own ideas, to add to the region. I'm lacking a bit of everything. the region is going to be very peaceful and environmentally friendly. I'm good on regional varients, but if I see a good idea, I will use it. I made sure to start with the basics (starter Pokémon; first Pokémon you encounter/battle; Eevee + eeveelutions; Pichu, Pikachu & Raichu). if you have an original idea for a Pokémon, feel free to give it evolutions. any ideas for original Pokémon that don't make the cut, will be added to a Pokémon fan game in the future, if you allow it (I will ask seperatly).

Last edited:
If you have a map or a list of gyms/trials that the character/player will go through, that's usually a good place to start. when picking a pokémon. Or a character's attitude, and world's view When starting a story or game, it's best just to put all thoughts down, even if it's a small one. That way, you can build upon it.

For example:
My world has doctors that don't have access to xray machines. Thus, they need something that can have x-ray vision. Therefore Luxray has to be in the pokédex (as does Luxio and shinx).

From a simple statement about not having xray machines, I was able to solve the issue by including a pokémon in the pokédex.

Another example from any world in general could be:
Question: Does this world have easy access to Trains/Planes across the region?
If yes: How are they powered?
(Revaroom, Carkoal etc, etc).
If no: How do people travel a great distance?
Flying pokémon big enough or strong enough to carry people? Sawsbuck, Stantler, Mudsdale?

Last edited:
What’s the region based on? That is a big help when making Pokémon
it's based on Arceus blessing the land, then Giratina came and tore open a portal to their dimention above the sea (the land and sea are in a Yin and Yang form) the people are very calm, there's very little strife and lots of environmentally friendlyness (lots of Grass-/Fairy-types) also added Crystal-type (Super effective against - Ground, Fairy, Ice
Not very effective against - Rock, Steel, Fighting, Dark, Dragon
Weak against - Fighting, Dragon, Rock, Steel
Immune to - Fairy
Resistant to - Poison, Normal, Grass, Bug, Ice, Psychic
Normal damage against - Fire, Water, Flying, Electric, Ghost, Ground
Immune to sandstorm)
also added Arceus' and Giratina's kids
not gonna spoil much else, just in case it becomes canon

Back
Top Bottom