• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What if the Dark, Steel, & Fairy Types never existed?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
How would the pokedexes be affected? Obviously, the Pokémon that gained/changed type would regain their original types (Magnemite would become pure Electric, for example).

Ice would have one less weakness

Psychic would have almost no weaknesses

Umbreon would be a poison type

Dragons wouldn’t have been dethroned by the fairy nation, but ice types would still feel that niche

Ice would have one less weakness

Psychic would have almost no weaknesses

Umbreon would be a poison type

Dragons wouldn’t have been dethroned by the fairy nation, but ice types would still feel that niche
That much I figured. I imagine that the Pokémon that were already Fairy (aside from Sylveon perhaps) would become Psychic because of how similar the two types are.

it's really fun when you factor in duel type mon of two of those three types. Trying to envision Tinktaton.

Tinktaton I could maybe see like... Ground/Fighting or Rock/Fighting? Honestly the fairy aspect of it isn't brought up much it and feels like it'd be non-existent ala Snubull pre gen 6. So I'd give it Fighting to represent it's feisty melee focused aesthetic (I even kinda remember prerelease rumors falsely implying the then "hammer fairy" being half fighting). And then either Rock cuz you could confuse the hammer for rock, + Corviknight would likely become weak to it assuming it doesn't gain rock itself, or Ground , because of all the seismic heavy focused attacks. I'm just gonna say Fighting/Rock between the two because I like the idea of it actually being strong against Corviknight.

it's really fun when you factor in duel type mon of two of those three types. Trying to envision Tinktaton.
Then there are some that are more obvious. Like Houndoom. I feel that since it's based on a Hell Hound, it would be Fire/Ghost as opposed to Fire/Dark. Pokémon like Spiritomb that have just one of the three types would obviously lose that type (Spiritomb becoming pure Ghost for example).

There aren't that many Steel, Dark or Fairy type Pokemon that I really like, so to me it probably wouldn't matter too much if those types didn't exist. I mean I would hope that Pokemon like Zorua and Zoroark would still exist, just be given a different type.

Also maybe without the Dark type, Tyranitar could've been Rock/Dragon instead like it always should've been.

Back
Top Bottom