• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What were your favorite childhood toys/trinkets?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Do you remember some of your favorite toys or trinkets from your childhood? I had a huge love for Polly Pocket, Furby, and my Pikachu Tamagotchi as a kid, they were super important to me and I played with them to some degree daily. Also slinkies, seems like my class was obsessed with those haha.

What were yours? I'd love to learn about some items from your country/area that I may not have known about. :bulbaLove:

I remember having a Meowth toy that spoke on the press of a button. It spoke english instead of french, so at the time I didn't understand much of his speech besides "Meowth, Jackpot".

Aside of that, most of my childhood stuff were kid books or consoles. I did have marbles though.

I've had this McDonald's beanie baby turtle since I was a kid. In fact, I still do have it! (Image found online. Mine doesn't have its tag)

s-l400.jpg

I remember being into GoGos/crazy bones (or something like that?) as a kid. I also went through phases of plushies. First it was cats, then video game characters. I had these sonic/tails/chao plushies that I would take everywhere.

The big one for me I think was Webkinz
I was OBSESSED with Webkinz as a kid. I had at least 20+ plushies over the span of like 5 years

Back when was like 7-8, I had this educational panda plush toy thing where you could like interact and talk with him( he'd even say your name) and it was a really cool toy in retrospect. I think he was called Kobi the Bear or something? I'm genuinely shocked in retrospect that was in my family's christmas budget for me.

There was also Lego, of course, but I got into Bionicle especially thanks to some hand-me down ones

Littlest Pet Shop I had an interesting phase of. Hint #39 in retrospect I was trans female. (though my mom bought me my first batch unannounced so this is entirely on her)

Also yeah, I had Thomas toys as toddler/young preschooler too.

Transformers and Thomas Wooden Railway.

I'm still into them nowadays as a grown woman but like goddamn y'all do not understand the excitement I felt as a kid whenever I'd get a new Thomas Wooden Railway set or a new Transformer, especially if it was something like Energon Omega Supreme that was a friggin foot tall and could split and transform into two vehicles and the two vehicles could combine into a massively long vehicle and each half could form a battle platform and the head could become a smaller robot of its own and it could combine with Optimus Prime that was frickin awesome. Best Christmas present ever, I'm not kidding.

Back
Top Bottom