• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

2008 NHL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone here's into hockey, but I certainly am.

We're now headed into playoffs after an hectic season that saw a few major upsets - Ottawa's fall from grace, and Montreal's unexpected triumph most notably. Which, in the end, gives us the following playoffs :

Eastern Conference
1st Montreal Canadiens vs 8th Boston Bruins
2nd Pittsburgh Penguins vs 7th Ottawa Senators
3rd Washington Capitals vs 6th Philadelphia Flyers
4th New Jersey Devils vs 5th New York Rangers

Western Conference
1st Detroit Red Wings vs 8th Nashville Predators
2nd San Jose Sharks vs 7th Calgary Flames
3rd Minnesota Wild vs 6th Colorado Avalanches
4th Anaheim Ducks vs 5th Dallas Stars

So thoughts? Predictions? Hopes?

I know I'll be cheering Go Habs Go so long as the Canadiens are in. They've given us too awesome a season for me not to cheer them to the end, bitter or not :-D

I don't think it's a secret that I'm into hockey and who I want to see lift Stanley. Hopefully now that they're in the playoffs the Wings will get it going.

While I'm disappointed in Toronto's lackluster season, and also wish that Edmonton and Vancouver had made it in (especially Edmonton after their incredible streak towards the end), I have decided to root for Montreal in the East (despite the rivalry I feel towards them being a Leafs fan, but anything is better than Ottawa), as well as Calgary and Minnesota in the West. And kudos to Washington, who hunted down Carolina to claim their division and the third seed in the East at the bitter end of things.

The last couple years have featured a Canadian team in the Finals, but that will likely be difficult this year.

I don't think it's a secret that I'm into hockey and who I want to see lift Stanley. Hopefully now that they're in the playoffs the Wings will get it going.

Nah, they won't.

It's the Third Law of Hockey.

"The best team during the regular season will collapse and die in the playoffs".

It's also known as the Law of Detroit, after the team that has proven it times and times again over the past decade :-D

I live in Maryland, and I am a Captitals fans. I was estatic when I heard they won and got in the playoffs. Can you say "MVP Alexander Ovechkien"? :-D

This could be the year the Stanley Cup comes to DC. That's my hope anyway.

We haven't touched this thread in a while.

We now have three teams on the verge of sweeping their opponents.

The Wings-Avs series has been down right tame. I wanna see some fightin'. But there might be a broom sale in Detroit as they gun for a consecutive appearance in the Wester Finals.

Another shock is how the Sharks have collapsed this postseason. They barely got past the Flames and are now on the verge of being swept by the Stars. They had that hot streak going into the playoffs but there just doesn't seem to be any bite left in them. *hopes of Wings/Sharks final dashed*

And finally the Penguins are getting it done in the east. They've yet to lose.

And for all of these teams on the wrong end of these 3-0 strangleholds to win these series they would more than double the number of hockey times to do so in the history of the game.

Hockey rules.

Detroit was the better team this year. Quite honestly though, I found that these playoffs didn't hold as much interest for me as they have done in the past. While there were some exciting moments, overall they seemed a bit boring this year.

Told you so. :p

So you did.

As a sign of contrition, I even purchased a SC champion Red Wings shirt during my flight transfer in Detroit today, on the way from Montreal to Fayetteville :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom