• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A Question About Drifloon and Drifblim...

Kasedilla

Sexy Wonderful
Reaction score
M'kay, as the title suggests, I have a question.

Apparently, Drifloon and Drifblim can learn the moves 'Spit Up' and 'Swallow'...
Could anyone tell me how exactly that would work? O__o;

I mean, they don't exactly have mouthes... which is why I'm asking.

Do they open up themselves at the bottom or something, or do they swallow up their foes with erm... ghost... stuff or some other supernatural means? Or do they do it some other way?

Tell me what you guys think.

They may first grow bigger. Next they start to rip in the middle until they've made a giant hole. Obviously, the absorb the opponent next(Swallow). Then they just spit them out(Spit Up) and then seal themselve sup. That's why they're bandages.

I remember seeing a pic of Drifloon with a mouth coming out of the "X".

I see your point, but neither of those moves involve ingesting the opponent. You use Stockpile (what they're stockpiling, though, we may never know...), then use Swallow to heal depending on how many units you've stockpiled, or Spit Up to attack the opponent with power varying on the units stockpiled.

Let us now speculate what "units" of "something" are being stockpil't, et, and expelled. My guesses, in no particular order or priority:

1. Small mammals
2. Large mammals
3. So-so lizards
4. Art objects
5. Fine thread
6. Tiny space armadas
7. Rare earth minerals
8. Keetoms
9. Clear fluids
10. Duplo blocks
11. Actual Legos
12. Flying hatchets
13. Ancient guillotines
14. etc.

Heh. Try dumping ice cubes into a Pelipper's mouth and make it use Spit Up to see how much damage it does. :p

Perhaps they just swallow whatever's readily available, and it winds up becoming more of a spit ball by the time they spit up.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom