• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

About moi!

Reaction score
Good day (or night if it's night for you right now, I guess)!

My name's Liam, also known as Dougbro1 around here, the Bulbapedia website, and the Bulbagarden Discord!

I'm the oldest child of a super-large family, most of whom are into Pokémon, though I'm considered by most of them to be the biggest fan of the franchise. I'm a university student, and I also work for Dobbs by helping out with research for his videos.

My favourite Pokémon is Greninja.

My favourite generation is Generation All Of Them.

I first became a fan of Pokemon when a friend of mine gave me my first Pokémon card, a Voltorb. Back then I thought it was a special Pokémon, because it resembled a Poké Ball, and because it was #100 in the Pokédex. The card has since been torn by a younger sibling, but I taped it back together and still have the card to this day!

Looking forward to participating in discussions around here. Should be fun!

Until next time,
~ Dougbro1

Welcome to the forums! :bulbaWave: It must be nice having siblings who are into the franchise; I've recently had some success in introducing the games and TCG to my nephews, but they aren't full-blown fans on the same scale as me just yet - here's hoping!

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums, feel free to give me a shout if you need anything! :)

Welcome! It's nice to meet you :)

I totally understand thinking Voltorb was special for coincidentally being #100 in the dex, I think I made that connection too hahah. It's sweet that you still have the card that started it all!

Hope to see you around! :bulbaWave:

Welcome to the Forums!
Very nice to meet you!
I too have 2 out of 5 siblings that love Pokémon with me, but my dad introduced me at 5 instead of giving me Barbie's haha.

Hi Liam, big welcome! It's so awesome to be part of a family that likes the series. I have a little brother who enjoyed it at some point but fell out of playing around ORAS and moved on to other things. Hopefully he gets back into it eventually so I can have a similar position to you with being the biggest franchise fan haha <3 Seems like you'll fit in swimmingly here, have a lovely time!!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom