• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Australian Release Date! Sorta...

Loch Ness Lapras

Fennelblocked!
Reaction score
So I'm poking around various Pokemon forums, when I find a thread (am I allowed to link to other sites?) that gets my attention.

The guy who started it says he asked an EB Games store about the release date for D/P in Australia (because the aforementioned guy is Australian, like me). They said it would be released in early June, and if not then, then maybe earlier.

I've yet to check with the EB store close to my school (mainly because I'm slightly embarassed about asking about Pokemon games at my age), but hopefully this is true.

Early June or earlier? =D

I do wish they'd give it to us earlier though...

This is not a date, it's not even new.

Nintendo Europe said last month that Pokemon Diamond/Pearl would be released sometime soon after Pokemon Ranger, indicating the summer as a likely possibility.

All your friend at EB has told you is a recycled version of this, and it's by far no-where near confirmation of an actual timeframe or date.

Just be patient and wait, if the games are coming out in the summer, they'll be on NOE's next schedule list, due fairly soon.

I'm currently sitting here wondering why Nintendo of Europe are deciding the release date for a non-European country.

This is not a date, it's not even new.

Nintendo Europe said last month that Pokemon Diamond/Pearl would be released sometime soon after Pokemon Ranger, indicating the summer as a likely possibility.

All your friend at EB has told you is a recycled version of this, and it's by far no-where near confirmation of an actual timeframe or date.

Just be patient and wait, if the games are coming out in the summer, they'll be on NOE's next schedule list, due fairly soon.
Australian Dates are a different story though. They don't need to 'wait' for Europe with the release as they have to with console game releases. Australia got Ranger already in December, because for handheld releases they can take pretty much the US version.

The core franchise games have been released here within 2-4 weeks of the US release, so I'd wager we'd see it in MAY.

O.M.G.

I went into EB and they had the dummy boxes of D/P on the Coming Soon shelf!!!

I asked the guy at the counter and he said they would be out in June. Apparently there was a previous mix-up with the dates that would have seen Diamond in June and Pearl released in September. Fortunately that was rectified.

Anyway, YAY!

June? But...thats so far away! Lol, I wish we could have an april release, but oh well. Emerald and Firered are gonna have to suffice until then. But thanls for that! Saves me going into EB to chek myself ;)

Photos of the stuff at EB Games would be interesting.

It's not really exciting. The boxes just have the cover art on them, all the usual seals and brands, and the rating (PG, for gambling references).

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom