• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Batten down the hatches

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Well, D/P might not be officially out yet, but some retailers have broken the street date, so we can safely say now that the rush has begun. Things are going to get a little hairy here, and on all the other major Pokémon forums, for at least the next week or two, as users and posts surge, and we're all forced to adjust (and maybe do server upgrades) to cope.

There's not really much any of us can do to substantially reduce the server load (since the real issue is with database accesses, not with images or anything), so all I can do is request everyone please be patient with things. If a page is loading slowly, just wait for a while and it will load. Please don't just keep hitting refresh, that'll just make things worse for everyone.

If everything loads just way too slow for you, please consider switching your forum skin over temporarily to "BMGf for Mobile Devices". It's really designed to be used on mobile phones, but it'll work on your PC as well, and I've given the style a quick edit so that you'll still have a usable navbar on it as well. It's a pretty barren, text only skin, but better text only than not loading. ^^;

Last edited:
It's been broken? I know the guys down at Gamestop, maybe I can talk to them....

To be honest, the rush isn't too great. SPPF, SPP, BMG, and all the other major sites load no slower or differently than before. : /

$20 says the D/P Nintendo Wifi Server crashes.

*murderalize people*

I pass in front of two stores of the game chain that broke street date EVERY FUCKING WED/THU/FRI.

I debated just *yesterday* checking in "just in case".

And I didn't, and I won't pass by it again until release.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Well, for me, Bulbagarden has been loading very well. ^_^

The only issue I had today while accessing the forums was when, for a half hour, I kept getting the "The server is busy" message.

Heh, I guess that was because the D/P movie aired tonight on Cartoon Network. At one point, I saw about 29 people viewing that thread! Wow, that's amazing! O.O

Nevermind Geoffrey. Apparently, I had been disconnected from the internet and didn't realize it. O_O

It was just my crappy internet connection. We used to have Charter in my area, but since it was bought out by another company, we now have Sudden Link (and apparently, their internet service sucks - the past couple days I've had trouble connecting, and staying connected...).

OMG, I just realized something. That's going to present some trouble for me when I go on Wifi with D/P, because I use the computer's router in order to connect. X_X

Well, if I don't get a stable internet connection soon, Sudden Link will be getting many phone calls from me.

Well, for me, Bulbagarden has been loading very well. ^_^

The only issue I had today while accessing the forums was when, for a half hour, I kept getting the "The server is busy" message.

Heh, I guess that was because the D/P movie aired tonight on Cartoon Network. At one point, I saw about 29 people viewing that thread! Wow, that's amazing! O.O

Same situation. I have the "server is busy" message too. XD Though, Bulbagarden is loading very well, lol. ^^;;

So far today it hasn't been bad probably just cause it's morning for alot of people, but last night around like 9 i got the "server is busy" message a ton.

Well, D/P might not be officially out yet, but some retailers have broken the street date...

Hm?

I guess I should stop by the Target where I pre-ordered D/P tonight.

If the forums become sluggish, I suggest people use their mIRC clients (or equivalents) to visit #bulbagarden on systemnet.

It's Gamebuzz in Canada that broke street date.

You know, the store I pass two outlets of every weekday coming back from school.

Ungh.

Last night it was very slow.

And also, I know a guy that managed to get a ROM of Pokémon Diamond.
He sent it around by chainmail, but by the time it reached me there were 5 virusses in it so I couldnt use it...

When will it come out in Europe btw?

I think the European release is set for October this year or sometime later.

Perhaps Nintendo of America could have timed shipments to arrive about twelve hours before assigned release so this wouldn't have happened?

October? The official word is "June or July". If it's that late, I'll e going back on my decision not to import.

Ugh, Bulbapedia is giving me too many error pages to feasibly edit in the evenings.

Error? What kind? I also have problems, but I always assume that has more to do with my ISP than Bulbagarden, especially since it happens even when server load is (comparatively) low.

But yes, we do seem to be lacking the computational resources to handle this load effectively. (Bandwidth is of distant secondary concern.)

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom