• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Electric Type Pokemon

Can i get Electivire before the elite 4???

If you trade with a friend. You shouldn't be able to get it on GTS because you don't see it before the National Dex, I don't think.

So just Wi-Fi with someone on the trade coordination thread, if you want it badly enough =)

Electric is weak to Ground, and since moves like Earthquake are so popular a reasonable idea is to look for Electric types that are immune to Ground. These would be:
Electric/Flying types: Only Zapdos, as far as I'm aware.
Electric with Levitate: Only Rotom, as far as I'm aware.
Electric that can get Levitate via Magnet Rise: Voltorb, Electrode, Magnemite, Magnezone

Zapdos is legendary, so it may be difficult to get and people look at you funny if you use legendaries in competitive play.
Rotom is interesting. It has Ghost vulnerabilities rather than Electric vulnerabilities. Its stats are so-so.
Electrode is pure Electric so it has no vulnerabilities while Magnet Rise is on, but its stats (other than Speed) are kind of low.
Magnezone is half Steel. It is resistant to nearly everything except water, but gains vulnerability to Fighting and Fire (and its Ground vulnerability is x4). Stat-wise it is somewhat comparable to Zapdos. Speed and HP are lower, but Def and SpAtk are higher. Plus it looks cool.

Ground-immune electrics also opens up something painful in double battles: Discharge + Earthquake.

To get one, get someone to trade you a Magnemite. They swarm at the Ironworks, so again you'll need someone who has gotten the National Dex.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom