• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Damage Calculation

Naokohiro

Pokégirls! YES!
Reaction score
I was wondering why there isn't an article with damage calculation for the main Pokémon series games. I was hoping someone super-smart could have put that formula down...

I was wondering why there isn't an article with damage calculation for the main Pokémon series games. I was hoping someone super-smart could have put that formula down...

Serebii.Net has one. Look in Game Mechanics.

Serebii's is apparently wrong.

Some friends of mine were trying to work out a few tests using that formula and said it was throwing up nonsense.

I haven't tested it myself (really have no plan to either), but it would be worth checking before putting it onto the Bulbapedia.

I found one that's different than the one on serebii.net and is slightly more accurate...I don't know if it is correct, though. I'm suprised to find out that there isn't the formula on bulbapedia..

Which is better, having no formula or having a wrong formula? I think the latter is worse.

Having no formula is better, imo. A wrong formula kinda defeats the purpose of having it in the first place, like saying a Lv. 5 Pikachu has 90 Speed.

What if I needed a formula, though? I'll be forced to have an incorrect one if there is no correct one around.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom