• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you want PUSA to redub the Raikou special?

Anti-4kids and anti-PUSA is still biased. It's just biased against both dub companies.

Am I really the only person who loved dub!Marina? She was so cute. Airhead is not a dirty word!

I liked the dub too. I really think it'll be worse if PUSA redubs it. Who cares if a minor villain got a sex change? It's not really that big a deal.

I thought the dub overall was shit, but Marina and her "GTG, sweetiepie!" I'll defend to the death.

We've seen plenty of nice, sweet, bland female characters, I'm not about to protest when 4kids gave one of them a few quirks.

I liked the dub too. I really think it'll be worse if PUSA redubs it. Who cares if a minor villain got a sex change? It's not really that big a deal.

How could it possibly be worse? PUSA wouldn't cut out half the special like 4kids did, not to mention translate it properly. Dogasu's edit list show just how badly this special really was dubbed.

This special suffered from chopped up scenes, really bad dialouge, sex changes, pointless edits, and absolutely horrible characterisation. PUSA would most likely fix all of it.

Not too mention giving a dude who's appeared in the Anime already a different voice and name...even if he already had a official NOA name.

speaking of contradicting NoA and 4kids's own inconsistencies, here's another thing to consider: in a redub, Raikou's name might be pronounced correctly. What the fuck happened with 4kids? They actually manage to pronounce Raikou's name correctly back in Johto, then comes the Wattson Gym Battle, and "Raikuu" comes out of nowhere. But seeing as TAJ has closer ties to PUSA, they're not so liable to mispronounce the names as they were intended by Nintendo of America (Pokemon Stadium 2, and likely Battle Revolution, are proof that NoA always intended the name to be pronounced the same way as it is in Japan).

How could it possibly be worse? PUSA wouldn't cut out half the special like 4kids did, not to mention translate it properly. Dogasu's edit list show just how badly this special really was dubbed.

This special suffered from chopped up scenes, really bad dialouge, sex changes, pointless edits, and absolutely horrible characterisation. PUSA would most likely fix all of it.

seriously. Geoffrey, you honestly believe a character getting a sex change is the only thing we care about? You know, I never actually watched the dub (thank god), but from what I heard on Dogasu's site... good god, the very idea of ruining that moment between Kenta and Bakuphoon near the end is just sickening. Kenta's aware and actually acknowledging that he'd be putting his Pokemon's life in serious danger by attempting to save Raikou (honestly, how often is shit like this actually brought up in the main series?), and they changed that so Jimmy's just a prick who can't give a fuck about his partner one way or another?

I'd have to say the Raikou special is the worst of 4Kids dubbing. It makes me wonder if they were punishing us for demanding of them. Of everything they've done I wish PUSA would redub this simply because of how they destroyed characters like the others have said. Perhaps one of the better characters in Pokemon canon were turned into idiots.

One day I'm going to get to see the sub and I'll be able to see if it really is the glorious masterpiece that outshines the dub. The only thing I can really see at the moment is the cutting of the ending and that was necessary under the time constraints that the original didn't consider.
No, because PUSA is not a dubbing company :p
They tell TAJ what to do.

You know, I never actually watched the dub (thank god), but from what I heard on Dogasu's site...
Geez, at least watch the thing before bashing it. I mean, sure, you're of the group that would probably still hate it anyway but just going by Dogasu's biased interpretations doesn't win you any credibility.

For the record, dub fans can see that Jimmy does care about Typhlosion. He was seriously taken aback by the demands of the situation. It wasn't until Typhlosion agreed to it that he was reminded of one of his key principles. Ash would have been exactly the same if he was put in that situation.

well, I at least heard a voice clip of Jimmy saying "They kidnapped Raikuu!" and Yami Yu... er, Eusi.... Eugene saying "What tragedy, misery, and woe."

Yeah yeah, I should actually watch the thing and such. Don't bother replying Vinny, I mainly posted this for the Dan Green crack. ^^

They tell TAJ what to do.

And AFAIK they were telling 4kids AND Taj what to do in 4kids times.

I barely watched first part of dub after remembering excellent old sub (well, not subs being excellent but the special; don't remember much of subs), and what annoyed me? The huge cutting job. I know, time limitations, etc. But When the special got UK DVD Release, it was presented as a full-length special being just these 3 eps glued together. They WEREN'T so limited then, they could have made it less cut. But they didn't.

And AFAIK they were telling 4kids AND Taj what to do in 4kids times.

Well, the thing is, PUSA (and NoA before PUSA exists) never paid for the dub back in 4Kids era. TAJ were working on the dub untill 2003, and I'm sure they were in the same relation to 4Kids as they are to PUSA now. So, basically, if you called 4Kids dub company back then, you must called PUSA dub company now.

Long before the dub was even announced, I theorized that the reason Bashou has such a deep voice in Japanese was because the directors were tired of people asking questions about "her". And making him super femme seems to be a habit on Japanese fanart sites. Like, more femme than Harley. Which is really disturbing, even *with* the dub.

What PUSA voices could you imagine would be casted for Hun/Attila and the heroes?

Well, I can imagine anyone who voiced Dawn can fit to Marina too. As for Attila and Hun, well, I think Billy Regan (Dr. Young and Harley) could be good for Attila and Julian Rebolledo (Paul) as Hun. I know I will be killed for this by many of you, but I see Kayzie Rogers as perfect Vincent. And Bill Rogers, if he used simmilar voice as he used to Drew, can be good Jimmy. And Eusine? Well, I can imagine Bill Rogers for him too. But something from Jimmy Zoppis's voice range can worked too.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom