• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Europeans want Pokemon Diamond and Pearl - BAD!

Marteon

Reaction score
ok, well i live in the UK and I have friends that have got thier copy of diamond and well...

it sucks

in my opinion they should give UK and USA Pokemon the same time! English is more or less English!

Does anyone know of a european release date?

:(

And with EEC freedom of trade there would be no way Nintendo could control its market and comply with the expectations made on other translations. Europe is more or less Europe!

No date as of now, but I have founded reasons to tell they have been already relatively translated to other languages. I'd bet for August, but who knows.

Buy the US game if you can, Pal Park will make no problem with your British GBA games.

AUGUST!........wow...i really will have to import somehow....although my money is like non exsistant right now so I will just have to wait...

The release date's already confirmed as 30th June. Oo; Wtf August.

NoE did not confirm such a date. A date has already been "confirmed" to be on 30th June, 5th July, 27th July and whatnot.

27th July was published today by Pkmn France. I somehow find it acceptable, since it complains with the other reasons to think it could be August. But still, I think is a little too early, and NoE has said nothing on it.

There is no confirmed date until NoE says something. Until then, a lot of sites, online stores and such want you to visit them to say "oh, its on 30th February, great!"

The release date's already confirmed as 30th June. Oo; Wtf August.
NOTHING is confirmed. It's just all about rumors and it starts to get annoying. No, Amazon.co.uk does not count.

June 30 ist just silly. That's 9 days after Australia.

Those extra 'u's are very important! That's why it takes such a long time. I guess because of all those other languages, so it isn't very fair. However, once in a blue moon you guys get a game before the US, and even Japan from Nintendo... although it is usually nitch or a minor release...

Meh, of all the sites I've been on, June 30th's been the date on each one of them. So, if it's wrong, a lot of people have been going on incorrect info. xfd

If it's any later than that, I'll probably end up importing then, cos I hate having to wait ABSOLUTELY FOREVER for a game that's already out in my language. >>

I know it's probably not the most reliable place, but Game have it down as some time in july. Why are people waiting anyway? The US version is the same and they're all cross compatible, I got my Diamond version from www.thegametrain.net It shipped from the uk so came next day.

CD Wow is good, I got my pearl for £20.49 with free shipping.

http://www13.cd-wow.com/

About the release date thing -because it took long for them to release the game in the US, consider the fact that NoE has to translate Wi-Fi and the whole game into 6 other languages. July, I do not think so, maybe they will release it in October or september.

They also have to run through the game to see if they made any transalation errors. And this game is pretty long.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom