• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: [Everyone] The Paxton & Joseph Show (Games universe)

Interview 4 - Selene
  • Interview #4 - Selene

Note: Most people refer to the female protagonist of SM & USUM as “Moon”, but TV Tropes lists her real name as Selene, and therefore that’s the name I will be referring to her as in this interview.

Paxton: Welcome, one and all, to the Paxton and Joseph show! I’m Paxton, and this is my son Joseph. Today we’ve got a very special guest appearing on our show. She was not only the first ever Champion of the Alola region (a title she still holds today), but she was also the Trainer who saved Alola from the encroaching darkness, which of course turned out to be Necrozma. Please welcome the one and only SELENE!

(Applause from the audience as Selene makes her way onto the stage and sits in the guest chair. She is wearing her outfit from Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, with her orange flower shirt and braids.)

Paxton: Okay Selene, thank you for being here. How are you doing tonight?

Selene: I’m a little nervous as this is my first time being interviewed on a TV show. I’m actually pretty shy. But I’ll be okay.

Paxton: So first things first, can you tell us a little about the team of six Pokemon who you befriended on your journey who helped you attain that coveted Champon title?

Selene: Of course! First off, Decidueye was the Pokemon I originally began my journey with and has since grown into a strong battler. I picked Rowlet on Route 1 because I thought it was cute.

Joseph: I think Incineroar fits Professor Kukui very well too, and I could see Popplio bonding with Hau, given how he’s always happy yet started working really hard to become stronger later on in your journey.

Selene: I got a special Rockruff from Professor Kukui shortly after I graduated from the Pokemon School, which happened to evolve at sunset into a new form of Lycanroc which Professor Kukui has dubbed “Dusk Form”. An Eevee hatched from the Egg that the Akala Island Day Care people gave to me, and after I had fully earned its trust, it evolved into an Umbreon one night just before I went to bed.

Joseph: Since Hau got an Eevee as well, I think it’s only fair that you did, too.

Selene: Oranguru and Sandslash I caught in Lush Jungle and Tapu Village, respectively, and I feel that they round out my team nicely. And finally, I befriended a Jangmo-o in Vast Poni Canyon, because I think it recognized my newfound bravery and that I was on a quest to save Alola from Necrozma. It has since evolved into a Kommo-o.

Paxton: I thought you also caught Nebby, after it evolved into a Lunala?

Selene: Nebby was more of a temporarily befriended Legendary Pokemon that I never actually used in battles. It wanted to be with me because it wanted to see our world firsthand, and after I defeated Team Rainbow Rocket, I waved a sad goodbye to it as it was time for it to finally go back to its home world.

Joseph: Wow, so that’s quite the all-star cast of Pokemon you’ve got there!

Selene: Thanks! Three of my Pokemon have also mastered their unique Z-Moves as well!

Joseph: So, as someone who is originally from Kanto but who moved to Alola, what are some of the things you like about the Alola region compared to Kanto?

Selene: I just love the overall beauty of nature in Alola, especially the blue skies and blue seas, all the tropical flowers blooming everywhere, and the gorgeous night skies with lots of stars. And in many ways I enjoyed the Island Challenge as well – I learned so many things about Alola’s culture just by going through it!

Joseph: And are there any things about Kanto that you miss, which make you feel homesick?

Selene: I guess I kind of miss having seasons. And that house I grew up in before we moved will always hold a special place in my heart.

Paxton: Out of all of the eight Totem Pokemon you faced, which did you find the most difficult?

Selene: Either Togedemaru or Lurantis. Both had some very interesting strategies with the ally Pokemon they called, and gave me quite a bit of trouble!

(suddenly, a grunt from Team Rainbow Rocket walks in)

Grant: Wahahaha! You didn’t really think Team Rainbow Rocket was finished for good, did you? Our Boss’s plan, we can resurrect from the start. But I don’t wanna wait until then! It’s high time I got my revenge on you, Selene, by stomping the living daylights out of you in front of all these people!

Paxton: Uhhh…security?

Cameraman: They won’t answer you now. They’re all watching the Winter Olympics. Every security guard’s in front of a TV.

Paxton: Ugh, it figures. In that case, Joseph, could you improvise for me?

(Joseph challenges the Team RR Grunt to a Pokemon battle. His Torterra, having a type advantage, makes quick work of the Grunt’s Poison-type Pokemon. The Grunt then hands Joseph some money and leaves quietly)

Selene: Wow, you’re pretty strong!

Joseph: I was a Champion at one time too, you know.

Selene: Really? In which region?

Joseph: Sinnoh. Cynthia eventually challenged me to a rematch and reclaimed her title, though. But anyway, this interview isn’t about me. So, my next question about you is, how more or less did you and Lillie become so close over your journey?

Selene: We’re both pretty similar in many ways, except that I never had her initial dislike of seeing Pokemon get hurt. So she admired how I was able to bond with my Pokemon despite that and how, by going through the Island Challenge, I grew from being kind of a shy outsider into the confident Pokemon Trainer I am now. She told me that her Z-Powered Form was inspired by her desire to be more like me.

Paxton: As opposed to Hau, who more wanted to be your rival?

Selene: Yeah...he's a nice guy, but I wish he'd slow down a little sometimes!

Paxton: Now what does the audience want to know?

Audience: EVERYTHING!!!

Paxton: About Selene!

Audience: ALMOST EVERYTHING!!!

Paxton: Well, let’s start with seat 54, shall we?

Dancer Luna: Did you like helping out Professor Kukui with the Alola Pokedex and other things?

Selene: He’s very knowledgeable about Pokemon, and he really surprised me at how good of a Trainer he was when he challenged me at the Pokemon League one day. But part of me kind of wishes he didn't always go "Woo!" the way he does…trust me, it gets annoying faster than I think he realizes.

Paxton: Now let’s see what Seat 109 has to say.

Seat 109: Hello!

Paxton: A talking seat?!

Seat 109: Yeah…

Paxton: I’m not calling on that seat again. Seat 20.

Rising Star Joshua: What was your favorite feature of the Rotom Pokedex?

Selene: That's hard to say, there's a lot of great features it has. If I had to choose, I guess the Roto Loto, because of all the useful powers it can give you. And just in general, I liked having Rotom as a partner to talk to! It helped keep me from feeling lonely on my journey.

Paxton: And last but not least, seat 4!

Surfer Robb: I heard you got to try Mantine Surfing. How was it?

Selene: I’ll admit it - I was pretty scared. But hey, at least I made it to Akala Island alive!

Paxton: And I’m afraid we have to stop here, because we’ve run out of time. Thank you for taking the time to be with us tonight!

Selene: It was a pleasure!

(Selene leaves)

Paxton: Be sure to tune in to our next interview, hff-pff, which will be with another regional Champion, hff-pff, Steven of the Hoenn region, hff-pff. I expect, hff-pff, interview, hff-pff, worth watching, hff-pff, because, hff-pff, I, hff-pff…GET AWAY FROM THE MICROPHONE HOENN GLASS WORKSHOP BOY! END TRANSMISSION!!!

Last edited:
    Interview 1 - Lillie
  • Interview #1 - Lillie

Paxton: Welcome, one and all, to the Paxton and Joseph Show! I’m Paxton.

Joseph: And that would make me Joseph, his son. We’re sorry this took so long, I’ve really been working on my hair, hope you like what I’ve done.

Paxton: I told him 16 different times that his hair looked fine, but he was the one who held everything up, so, thanks. Anyway, each episode we are going to be interviewing a different Trainer.

Joseph: Our first guest today hails from the Alola region. She suffered an abusive childhood, but with the help of Selene she managed to overcome her shyness and fears and become quite a capable girl in her own right. Everyone, please welcome…LILLIE!

(the audience applauds as Lillie walks into the room, in her Z-Powered form, and sits down in the guest chair)

Paxton: Thank you so much for being here tonight. First thing I want to ask you is, was there anything you knew about what your mother Lusamine wanted to do with Nebby that made you decide to run away with it?

Lillie: I knew she wanted to do some sort of experiment with Nebby, but she kept it secret from me exactly what. But I could tell that it was very scared whenever she was around it, and I thought it knew something I didn’t know. But either way, at that point I was just so sick of being treated like a doll by my mother. So I basically just followed my heart on an impulse!

Joseph: Just a few months before that, did Gladion say anything about leaving with Type: Null?

Lillie: In retrospect, I think he did figure it all out before I did. But he left very suddenly, and I wished he had explained things to me rather than just leave me all alone.

Joseph: So what exactly made you decide to trust Nebby with Selene after it evolved?

Lillie: I could tell it really wanted to be with her. Looking back on that day, I think it understood the threat Necrozma and the Ultra Beasts posed to the world, and that was why it wanted to help Selene out in protecting the Alola region from them.

Joseph: It sensed through its psychic senses how strong she was, from day one?

Lillie: I think so.

Paxton: What about your mother? Have you two made amends after getting off to such a rocky start?

Lillie: Yes, she has long since seen the error of her ways. And apologized, both to me and Gladion. And now the two of us spend time with her as well as help her out with her research at Aether Paradise.

(all of a sudden, Faba walks in on the stage)

Faba: This defies all laws of nature! I should be the one being interviewed on this show rather than that silly girl Lillie! Despite my recent setback, I still have faith that I, the great Faba, will someday once again reign supreme amongst all of Alola!

Lillie: (blushing and frowning) You keep quiet! You should be ashamed of yourself, for what you did to my mother, just for your own selfish reasons!

Paxton: SECURITY!

(some guards come in, beat Faba up, and drag him out)

Paxton: Sorry about that. Anyway, different topic. How did you decide what clothes to wear for your “Z-Powered Form”? Is white your favorite color, or did you want to just put your own sort of aesthetic spin on your mother’s outfit?

Lillie: It was kind of a personal rebellion against my mother, as well as symbolizing my newfound confidence. But I do like the color white a lot, so that was the color I bought.

Joseph: The sunlight in Alola is pretty strong, and that hat you used to wear protected you from it. Since you’re very fair-skinned for an Alolan native, did you suddenly start getting bad sunburns when you walked through the Vast Poni Canyon?

Lillie: I bought a lot of SPF 70 sunscreen spray along with Max Repels when I went shopping before going to the clothes store. I always like to be prepared for whatever may come!

Joseph: But why not just buy a different-looking hat?

Lillie: I never liked wearing a hat very much. I only wore it because mother forced me to.

Paxton: I’m all out of questions, so let’s have some from the audience! Seat 61.

Youngster Joey: Which island in Alola is your favorite?

Lillie: Poni Island! I have so many wonderful memories of traveling there with Selene! I like how secluded it is too, compared to the other islands, and Kahuna Hapu has been another inspirational figure for me.

Paxton: Seat 27!

Ace Trainer Jack: You talked about your mother, but how good is your relationship with your brother Gladion, overall?

Lillie: We don’t always see eye to eye, and I feel like he can be insensitive at times, but overall we tended to stick together up until he left with Type:Null. And today, we’re closer than ever!

Paxton: Maybe seat 89?

(no one says anything)

Paxton: I said seat 89!

Guy in seat 89: There is nobody in Seat 89!

Joseph: You are.

Guy in seat 89: Oops.

Paxton: Well, we’re just about out of time anyway, so let’s just end it here. Lillie, thank you for being with us tonight.

Lillie: You’re welcome! Alola!

(audience applauds as she leaves)

Paxton: So join us next time, when we’ll be interviewing Sina and Dexio! Okay, so that’s it, end transmission!

Last edited:
    Interview 2 - Sina & Dexio
  • Interview #2 - Sina & Dexio

Paxton: Welcome, one and all, to the Paxton and Joseph show! I’m Paxton, and this is my son, Joseph. Today the two of us will be interviewing two people, hence why you see two chairs set up here. These two guests on our show work as assistants of Professor Sycamore. They helped Calem and his friends against Team Flare, and also researched Zygarde’s presence in the Alola region. Their names are Sina and Dexio! Or the Masked Heroes, depending on who you ask. They should be here in a few minutes, so let’s take a quick commercial break and then, when we come back, the interview!

(After a Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon commercial, a Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon commercial, and a Pokken Tournament GX commercial, Paxton starts to get worried, as Sina and Dexio have not yet arrived for the interview and the currently-airing Detective Pikachu commercial is the final one of the commercial break.)

Paxton: Where are they?! They’re supposed to come out of that warp panel over there.

Joseph: Oops.

Paxton: Oh no.

Joseph: I think I turned off all of the studio's warp panels.

Paxton: Why?

Joseph: Some Bikers were chasing me, trying to bully me into joining them.

Paxton: So let me guess. You turned off the warp panel that leads from the holding room to the stage, and now Sina and Dexio are repeatedly stepping onto it, trying to use it, but they can’t, thanks to your oversight.

Joseph: It’s not my fault!

Paxton: It never is. Go turn it on!

(as Joseph goes to turn it on, the commercial break is just about to end)

Paxton: Quick, get another commercial on!

Cameraman: We don’t have any others!

Paxton: Okay then. I guess I’ll just have to find some way to improvise.

(as the last commercial ends, the song “Gaslamp Funworks” by Kevin MacLeod starts playing over the speakers, and the camera goes to Paxton, who starts dancing around, looking like a complete idiot)

Joseph: They’re here!

(Sina and Dexio walk onto the stage, see Paxton dancing like an idiot, and start laughing)

Paxton: What? Oh, welcome, Sina and Dexio!

(the music stops)

Paxton: (whispering) Remind me to edit this out, Joseph.

Joseph: Sure.

Paxton: Okay then, let’s get this show on the road!

Sina: Hey, that’s my line!

Paxton: I know. Now, onto the questions. First of all, how did you decide your favorite type of Pokemon to train? Psychic-types in Dexio’s case, Ice-types in Sina’s?

Dexio: I’ve always liked Psychic-types just because they’re more intellectual, and as such I think they suit my personality quite well.

Sina: I just like to muse that I act the opposite of the way you’d expect an Ice-type trainer to act – exuberant and passionate instead of cold and distant!

Joseph: Kind of like Candice from Sinnoh?

Sina: Who is she?

Joseph: Never mind. What are your favorite colors?

Sina: Red!

Dexio: I like blue.

Joseph: Yeah, that was what I thought. So that was how you chose your sunglasses and masks to wear? Just your favorite colors?

Dexio: Correct.

Paxton: Did Professor Sycamore allow you to wear those casual attire outfits while you worked in Alola?

Sina: He wanted us to look as much like tourists as possible so as to avoid drawing attention to the top secret research on Zygarde we were doing.

Dexio: He’s an interesting professor to work for, I’ll tell you that!

Joseph: Did Professor Sycamore order you to help Calem against Team Flare? Or did you just decide to sneak in there while on duty and wear masks so your bosses wouldn’t find out?

Sina: What are you talking about? We were at the lab researching the Kalos Pokedex when we saw the ultimate weapon activated on TV!

Dexio: Oh, Sina…it was a combination of both, really. Professor Sycamore understood how serious the situation was right from the start, and so he trusted us to join in the fight. The masks were just an idea we came up with to tease those five children.

Paxton: And with that, it’s time for questions from the audience! Seat 62.

Tourist Haruto: (squeezing his legs together) Ohhh…where are the restrooms?

Paxton: There aren’t any. Those stupid workers who built this place forgot to put some in. You’ll just have to hold it. Seat 45.

Scientist Rick: While you were in Alola, did you do any research into any possible connection between Z-Moves and Mega Evolution?

Dexio: It's funny you bring that up, that’s actually going to be our next assignment! Since my Alakazam has recently become able to Mega Evolve, for starters, I plan on researching whether it can use Z-Moves as well…if only I can get my hands on a Psychium-Z!

Sina: I personally think there’s a pretty strong possibility that the two are somehow related. After all, there’s so many parallels - both make use of special stones, both require a strong bond between Trainer and Pokemon, and so forth.

Paxton: Maybe Mega Stones and Z-Crystals are fragments of Arceus’ power, his gift to worthy Trainers? It’s certainly a mystery. Last question - Seat 116.

Professor Sycamore: Have you published the results on your research into the existence of Zygarde’s Cells and Cores in Alola yet?

Sina: Sure have! Just dropped the papers on your desk before coming onto this show!

Dexio: I think you’ll be pretty surprised at what we discovered.

Paxton: And that’s the end of this interview. Thank you both for taking the time to come on here, as I know it must be a very busy job!

Sina: We’ll be taking our leave now! Bon voyage!

Paxton: So that wraps it up. Join us next week when we interview a girl from Unova who become a close friend of Gym Leader Cheren. The camera’s running out of battery, so all I’m going to say to you is-

Last edited:
    Interview 3 - Bianca
  • Interview #3 - Bianca

Paxton: Welcome to the Paxton & Joseph show! Today we’ll be interviewing Bianca of the Unova region!

(As Bianca eagerly runs onto the stage, she nearly trips and ends up knocking over some decorations as well as her chair)

Paxton: Man! Our ratings are down into the single digits!

Bianca: Oh I’m so sorry! So so so sooooo sorry!

(she gets back up and sits in her seat, after some workers straighten everything back up)

Joseph: This is our first interview with somebody from Unova, by the way.

Paxton: Well anyway, let’s get started here. So these days you work as an assistant to Professor Juniper. Can you tell us what it’s like being an assistant to a Pokemon Professor?

Bianca: The pay is good and so are the work benefits, but the hours, and especially minutes, can be pretty lousy, depending on what you’re assigned to do. But either way I love it, because I’m always learning new things about the Unova region’s Pokemon!

Paxton: You ran away from your father to start a journey as a Pokemon Trainer. How were your feelings on that? Was it a bittersweet parting, or did the two of you fight a lot and you kind of did it out of a desire to rebel?

Bianca: My father has always been a strong authoritarian person. He does not sugarcoat his words, and has hurt my feelings time and time again. I just wanted to feel free, to do my own thing, and meet a lot of wonderful people and Pokemon on my own adventure!

Joseph: I understand. My Dad and I aren't always on the same wavelength either.

Paxton: Why you little…!

Joseph: (quickly) But you’ve long since made up with each other, haven’t you?

Bianca: Oh yes! He understood how harsh he was being and apologized to me. In fact, becoming an assistant to Professor Juniper was his suggestion to me.

Joseph: Alright, so we’ve talked about your father…but what about your mother? We haven’t really heard much about her. What does she do for a living?

Bianca: These days my mother just tidies up around our house. Back when I was on my journey with Cheren she used to drive an ambulance, but she got fired for driving on the sidewalk.

Joseph: Wait, WHAT?!

Bianca: There was a huge traffic jam caused by a wreck on Castelia City’s surface streets. So, figuring time was of the essence, she tried to drive the ambulance on the sidewalk, and after nearly running over a man carrying a bunch of rubber chickens and coming within an inch of hitting two construction workers carrying a sheet of plate glass, she was stopped by the local authorities and relieved of her duties.

Paxton: Wow. Sounds like you might have inherited some of your carelessness from your mother’s side of the family…

Bianca: Hey, be nice! Clumsy girls have feelings too, you know!

Paxton: Sorry, I was just joking.

Joseph: So here’s something else I thought of. Have you ever noticed the parallels between the story about truth and ideals compared to you and Cheren?

Bianca: What do you mean?

Joseph: You had to face the truth that not everybody can become a strong Trainer, while Cheren had the ideal of wanting to become as strong as possible.

Bianca: I never thought about it that way, but yes, I’ve long since accepted that being strong isn’t everything. As long as you’re surrounded by friends and Pokemon with whom you can make laugh and smile, that’s all good!

Joseph: Tell that to Hugh…or Silver for that matter.

Paxton: Well, I’ve reached the end of my list of questions…

Joseph: Me too.

Paxton: …So does the audience have any more they want to ask? Yes, seat 84!

Preschoooler Oliver: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Paxton: Questions for BIANCA, I mean!

(about half the audience’s hands go down)

Paxton: Seat 22…er, I mean, seat 23, I mean 24, whoops, 34…STOP SKATING UP AND DOWN THE ROWS!

Roller Skater Jay: Sorry!

Paxton: Well anyway, what’s your question?

Roller Skater Jay: Did you pick those glasses out because Cheren once wore them?

Bianca: It turned out Cheren doesn’t need them anymore, so he let me use those same frames for my own pair of glasses.

Paxton: Seat 128.

Aroma Lady Rosa: Which of the three Unova Pokemon traditionally chosen to start a Trainers’ journey with is your favorite?

Bianca: Tepig and its evolutions! I like how Emboar is kind of like a wrestler with a soft heart.

Paxton: And that’s all we have time for, so we’ve gotta let you go, Bianca. Thank you for being with us tonight!

Bianca: Thank you, thank you! It was AMAZING to be here! I can hardly believe it, and–ow!

(Bianca trips over the stairs leading off the stage)

Bianca: I’m alright, I’m alright! Thank you!

Paxton: Join us next time when we’ll be doing a really special interview…Selene, the first ever Champion of the newly-built Pokemon League in the Alola region! Until then, good night…and enjoy Wheel of Fortune, on right after this!

Joseph: I’ve already watched last night’s “Metropolitan Mutant of Ark” miss-solve about 60 times on YouTube.

Last edited:
    Back
    Top Bottom